Springfield Expansion | Page 232 | Inside Universal Forums

Springfield Expansion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Have you been hearing it from TMs or guests? Because the other thing to factor in is the IFFF mini grill has a reputation for making TMs sick.

Not true! Lets get on a different topic. It seems like someone had too much pixie dust and is trying to spread rumors about Universal's high safety standards when it comes to food service. You have no idea how much training and education the TM's have to go through to ensure all of the food is safe.

Now if someone eats too much and then goes on one of Universal's numerous thrill rides of course they're not going to feel well. It has nothing to do with food safety. If you've ever been through a food safety class you'll know that in most cases it can take days before you feel symptoms from a foodborne illness. Sometimes weeks!

Large companies like Universal go above and beyond to keep guest safe. It's their number one priority.

Let's talk about something else!

Not true! Lets get on a different topic. It seems like someone had too much pixie dust and is trying to spread rumors about Universal's high safety standards when it comes to food service. You have no idea how much training and education the TM's have to go through to ensure all of the food is safe.

Now if someone eats too much and then goes on one of Universal's numerous thrill rides of course they're not going to feel well. It has nothing to do with food safety. If you've ever been through a food safety class you'll know that in most cases it can take days before you feel symptoms from a foodborne illness. Sometimes weeks!

Large companies like Universal go above and beyond to keep guest safe. It's their number one priority.

I tend to agree with your idea that someone is trying to put down FFB by spreading that. But the TM mini grill piece is true. (They serve a different menu, cooked separately and served by a separate team. So no fears about your food from FFB)

Okay. Stop being ridiculous. First off, I am very aware of how much training and education goes into training the F&B TM's. Does UO have high standards? Yes. Does that mean that no one ever gets sick off the food at UO? No. I've seen it first hand, so please do not insult my intelligence in the process of you spouting over-generic statements. Millions of people visit UO a year. Are you brave enough and secure enough in your own knowledge that not one single person has ever gotten sick from eating at UO? I'm willing to bet you that not only are you not secure enough in this, that even if you were, you would be dead wrong.

And while some illness can happen a couple of days later, most incidents happen within 24-48 hours and I'm not even talking about those things. I'm talking about the simpler things (I will not describe them) that can happen just a couple of hours after eating something.

All companies would prefer their guests and customers not get sick. Unfortunately, that doesn't always happen.

- - - Updated - - -

I tend to agree with your idea that someone is trying to put down FFB by spreading that. But the TM mini grill piece is true. (They serve a different menu, cooked separately and served by a separate team. So no fears about your food from FFB)

The people that I heard it from have absolutely no reason to put FFB down.

:doh:

This is what happens when you ask simple questions.

The people that I heard it from have absolutely no reason to put FFB down.

:doh:

Yea.... because it would be ridiculous to think that there are rumors running around the net that put down FFB for one reason or another.

And as far as your simple questions statement, is that because I asked if it was the FOH or BOH side? Because that question has nothing to do with my assertion that it could be someone trying to put UO down.

Yea.... because it would be ridiculous to think that there are rumors running around the net that put down FFB for one reason or another.

And as far as your simple questions statement, is that because I asked if it was the FOH or BOH side? Because that question has nothing to do with my assertion that it could be someone trying to put UO down.

Except it wasn't a rumor going around the net. This was first hand commentary from someone who has no reason to put down UO. Nothing more, nothing less.

The simple question statement was me asking if anyone had gotten sick from FFB. Had nothing to do with your FOH or BOH question (though, yes, BOH food seems to get people sick moreso than FOH food. I don't blame your thought process there).

Except it wasn't a rumor going around the net. This was first hand commentary from someone who has no reason to put down UO. Nothing more, nothing less.

See I think the other poster took it the same way I did. Your wording to me suggested it was rumor not a trusted person. But if it's trusted then it's probably just small issues getting blown out of proportion. Can't be nearly as bad as the drink butterbeer, ride FJ, vomit issue.

See I think the other poster took it the same way I did. Your wording to me suggested it was rumor not a trusted person. But if it's trusted then it's probably just small issues getting blown out of proportion. Can't be nearly as bad as the drink butterbeer, ride FJ, vomit issue.

That's exactly what I think. A small issue being blown out of proportion. Sorry if the wording made it seem like a rumor. Not a rumor at all, just from talking to various people about FFB.

Okay. Stop being ridiculous. First off, I am very aware of how much training and education goes into training the F&B TM's. Does UO have high standards? Yes. Does that mean that no one ever gets sick off the food at UO? No. I've seen it first hand, so please do not insult my intelligence in the process of you spouting over-generic statements. Millions of people visit UO a year. Are you brave enough and secure enough in your own knowledge that not one single person has ever gotten sick from eating at UO? I'm willing to bet you that not only are you not secure enough in this, that even if you were, you would be dead wrong.

And while some illness can happen a couple of days later, most incidents happen within 24-48 hours and I'm not even talking about those things. I'm talking about the simpler things (I will not describe them) that can happen just a couple of hours after eating something.

All companies would prefer their guests and customers not get sick. Unfortunately, that doesn't always happen.

eZIacTW.gif

I have been through food safety training for managers (owned a ice cream/coffee place for a little) and I also worked for Darden on the FBI (Food Borne Illnesses) database (I am a computer programmer). So I know a little bit about this. First off, a large portion of illnesses show up within 24 to 48 hours and when you go to the doctor for suspected FBI they will ask for a list of places you have eaten at in the last 48 hours. This then gets reported and if a large amount of people get sick and list the same place, they look into this more. Almost all places have complaints of FBI, so to say Uni is so safe this never happens, is just an uninformed statement. Also, every place goes through Food Safety training it is a law. Some places take it more seriously than others, but most corporations the size of Uni and Darden take it very seriously. But we had tons of cases reported at Darden, but it doesn't mean I would never eat there. I eat at Darden places all the time. Because I know reported cases happen all the time everywhere. People get the stomach flu and sometimes think it is the last place they ate at, they eat too much, they have an undiagnosed allergy, etc. I used to think A&W at olde town made me sick (still ate there - not the smartest person) only to find out later it was the bit of my husbands Gyro that was the issue. Here I have a lamb allergy that was never diagnosed.

Lets not go crazy with this one. Sinko was trying to get answers because he has a large amount of people here who have eaten there. So he can get a pretty good sample of people to see if it one off things or if there is an issue that needs to be resolved. Sometimes it is not the food practices at the place itself, but more the food that is being delivered to the place. Food Safety can't prevent from everything and if you eat outside of your house that is the risk you run, but really it is such a small % of actual FBI cases out there compared to the number of meals prepared every day that it should never be something you worry about.

Now if a restaurant inspector ever tells you to not eat somewhere, listen to them :)