Springfield Expansion | Page 263 | Inside Universal Forums

Springfield Expansion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
A thumbs up for K&K. It'l be one of the few spinners I can ride without getting extreme motion sickness. Once you're over 40, the spinners are the toughest rides to experience. I don't get motion sickness on a coaster or even Harry Potter, but once you have those wild spins all bets are off. So bottom line, this will be an attraction nearly everyone can ride even though it's a C ticket. All attractions don't have to be E tickets. It's nicely themed and that's sufficient. Every park needs a little variety. And it's one more attraction at a fairly minimal cost.

A thumbs up for K&K. It'l be one of the few spinners I can ride without getting extreme motion sickness. Once you're over 40, the spinners are the toughest rides to experience. I don't get motion sickness on a coaster or even Harry Potter, but once you have those wild spins all bets are off. So bottom line, this will be an attraction nearly everyone can ride even though it's a C ticket. All attractions don't have to be E tickets. It's nicely themed and that's sufficient. Every park needs a little variety. And it's one more attraction at a fairly minimal cost.

Yep, spinning is not my thing anymore, either. But while the kids ride, I'll be kicking back next door at Duff Gardens knocking down a few ice cold Duff's.

I love it.

The ride wasn't built for you. It was built for kids who absolutely love this type of ride. They have two (three) of these at the Magic Kingdom.

What?!? Are you sure? Because I swear I read somewhere a few weeks back that this new spinner was being built specifically for me. ;)

Point is, it's a welcome addition that I know my kids will enjoy. (And while they are enjoying it -over and over again I hope- I'll be enjoying my fair share of adult beverages at Duff Gardens next door - which, by the way, WAS built specifically for me!)

Like others have mentioned, this will give something that my (soon to be adopted!) baby brother and mom can ride that will allow them to do more than just sit around and wait for the big kids to get off the rides. USF doesn't have enough of these style rides, IMO. I feel bad for my mom, bro, and sisters when my dad and I are riding everything and theyre forced to sit in the hot sun and wait bc they either can't or don't want to ride the big ones.

A spinner is a spinner and is a welcomed, new, not taking over anything, ride that appeals to all ages (oh yes Im riding this thing when it opens.) Regardless if the flyers spin.

Reactions: Felipe
:thumbs:
Like others have mentioned, this will give something that my (soon to be adopted!) baby brother and mom can ride that will allow them to do more than just sit around and wait for the big kids to get off the rides. USF doesn't have enough of these style rides, IMO. I feel bad for my mom, bro, and sisters when my dad and I are riding everything and theyre forced to sit in the hot sun and wait bc they either can't or don't want to ride the big ones.

A spinner is a spinner and is a welcomed, new, not taking over anything, ride that appeals to all ages (oh yes Im riding this thing when it opens.) Regardless if the flyers spin.

What's that I see? A cop car????
null_zpsbdb6a426.jpg

I love how there's blood in the front of the car.:lol:

Looks like another of HTFs insider tips is coming to fruition. The attention to detail around the whole area looks to be top notch. I can see me hanging in Springfield quite a lot.
mmmmmmmmmm Krusty burger & a Duff :drool:

I'm in my early 20's and I can't do anything that spins too much. You'll never get me on the teacups at Disney. Anything that spins too much and I'll end up :ack: but I can ride any coaster in the world. I'm interested to see the game aspect of K&K. I'll give it a shot, I think it will be a nice ride for kids/people who don't want anything too thrilling.

Also, it is supposed to be a cheap carnival attraction. So people saying that Universal is "state of the art" really doesn't matter. That might sound like an excuse, but I wouldn't want to see the ride being too advanced.

I'm in my mid-40's and have long passed the days that I do spinners. My wife on the other hand can ride them non-stop. I can ride any coaster in the world but get me on The Teacups or the likes, and I am done for the day. I even take Dramamine before each day and I refuse to get on them. I will be more than happy to sit at Duff's outdoor bar and watch everyone else enjoying themselves. What's weird is, I can ride FJ without Dramamine and it has no ill effect on me.

I'm in my mid-40's and have long passed the days that I do spinners. My wife on the other hand can ride them non-stop. I can ride any coaster in the world but get me on The Teacups or the likes, and I am done for the day. I even take Dramamine before each day and I refuse to get on them. I will be more than happy to sit at Duff's outdoor bar and watch everyone else enjoying themselves. What's weird is, I can ride FJ without Dramamine and it has no ill effect on me.

I'm in my mid-20's and can't do rocking chairs. Roller coasters, depends (I blacked out on one before, haha). Things that spin or rock back and forth, no. The thought of a "tea cup" type ride makes me want to vomit.

I will join you at the bar. Takes longer for my head to start spinning with beer anyways.

HatetoFly, how close are we to Springfield officially opening?

Days? Weeks?

Look for official info very soon :thumbs:

So is there gonna be a real road/street paved?

In a word yes

Sums me up perfectly :lol:

I'd be curious to know the answer to the whole "helmet thingy" question myself. I didn't know/think there was one coming. :inquisitive:

Last edited: