Springfield | Page 27 | Inside Universal Forums

Springfield

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Looking back at the concept art, it seems they never went through with Barney's Bowlarama from what I can tell. Shame, I was excited to see the neon sign at night! 

They actually did make Barney's, it's just hidden way back behind the police station. For some reason they made the building darker with a weird brick design, so it's hard to recognize without the sign.

Reactions: Aaron
They actually did make Barney's, it's just hidden way back behind the police station. For some reason they made the building darker with a weird brick design, so it's hard to recognize without the sign.
Ah I see. Guess I just got confused from the different coloring/wall texture.  :wacko:

Oh, no, I was confused too. The building should've been beige and smooth with a retro feel to it, but they made it dark orange and gave it a faux-brick look. I'm also surprised they haven't started anything for the enormous neon sign for the building, which (by the looks of the art) is supported by three poles separate from the structure. It's also supposed to get an orange awning similar to Android's purple/white awning.

To be honest, this was the one façade I hoped they wouldn't mess up. Besides the Aztec Theater, it should be the brightest..!

Thank you for posting those pictures. You got like the perfect view to show progress. I didn't realize how wide and spacious Springfield is. I wonder if they plan to put something in that large empty space, that has to be more than just walk room. The statues and some benches maybe. I'm starting to get really intrested on how this'll turn out. And I'm not even a Simpsons fan.

Oh, no, I was confused too. The building should've been beige and smooth with a retro feel to it, but they made it dark orange and gave it a faux-brick look. I'm also surprised they haven't started anything for the enormous neon sign for the building, which (by the looks of the art) is supported by three poles separate from the structure. It's also supposed to get an orange awning similar to Android's purple/white awning.

To be honest, this was the one façade I hoped they wouldn't mess up. Besides the Aztec Theater, it should be the brightest..!
Not to mention one side of Barney's is themed to match Hogsmead. Talk about an identity crisis!

Reactions: William
Not to mention one side of Barney's is themed to match Hogsmead. Talk about an identity crisis!
I almost mentioned that..! I wasn't sure if they just hadn't painted that side, or if they're leaving it like that. The edge of it is orange, and then it fades to a generic grey as it gets closer to Potter. I guess they'd leave it like that so guests looking through the windows from inside The Three Broomsticks or in the alleged outdoor seating area are still immersed.

Bumblebee Man's Taco Truck is coming! Photo taken from MiceChat:

IMG_0110-610x381.jpg

Yeah figured .as for size, I saw a huge ass one at wondercon for bqq foos and here in LA those things are at every corner :)

Last edited by a moderator:
They've already started paving parts of Springfield with cement as well as the two-lane blacktop that will curve along the front of the new shops and restaurants.  I saw more of the blacktop than I could photograph when I happened to walk past an open construction door while some exec-types were stepping out.  This is really going to look great.

Springfield_Pavement_012315.jpg
Springfield_PavementEdge_012315.jpg

The Channel 6 Studios signage is up, too.
Springfield_Channel6.jpg