Springfield | Page 29 | Inside Universal Forums

Springfield

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I would say that late March is a fair soft opening date for the main food court at the very least. Paving is nearly complete, so it won't be long before the walls will be pushed back alongside the new structures and we can walk on the new "road."

Tillman postulated on the podcast that the last major weekend with Springfield walls will be Presidents Day, and it seems like he'll be definitely on mark. I think walls will be either down or pushed straight to the facades by the end of the month, with the food court debuting late next month.

Reactions: Aaron and William
I hope on presidents day weekend they get the street paved and let guests walk down the street not through the special effects stage queue

Last edited by a moderator:
King Toot's façade is moving along nicely, as well as the rest of Springfield. From Westcoaster:

ush0091-700x467.jpg

Link to the rest of the article: http://www.westcoaster.net/2015/02/09/universal-studios-hollywood-02092015/

I just went to Universal and took a survey, and the employee leading the survey said that the Springfield food court will likely be open next month, with the Taco Truck, Phineas Q Butterfat's and the Duff Brewery to open probably later in the Spring.  Btw, the top of Cletus' Chicken Shack is coming along with one of the Springfield crosswalks now revealed!  Taco truck's also fully covered and I think it's Phineas Q. Butterfat's that's now being wrapped in housewrap.  

IMG_0705.jpg

IMG_0709.jpg

IMG_0677.jpg

IMG_0678.jpg

It looks like they're already forming walls inside the current set-up so a wall adjustment is probably coming up for this weekend.

Any update on Barney's bowlarama. I know they still have time left. But all buildings are looking like they did in the concept art. Can anyone get pictures of that building?

Any update on Barney's bowlarama. I know they still have time left. But all buildings are looking like they did in the concept art. Can anyone get pictures of that building?
Good question.  I was really confused myself.  I did see a blank facade to the left of the Police Station where Barney's Bowl-A-Rama is in the concept art, but I'm not sure if that'll still be the Bowl-A-Rama or not.  On the other hand, I love the thematic transition from Springfield to the Wizarding World right behind it as you can see in the second photo.

IMG_0691.jpg

IMG_0700.jpg

Yeah true. It's just that the rest of buildings are instantly recognizable and this one is not. Yet again there is plenty of time. My guess is that since the building has a huge neon sign .it won't be put up until a few weeks before opening .same goes for Aztec theater.