Stage 28/Phantom Stage Replacement | Page 23 | Inside Universal Forums

Stage 28/Phantom Stage Replacement

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Do you think Universal will be cancelling The Secret Life of Pets Ride which was supposed to take place of stage 28? I can't see them going through with building that ride. So many other ride options they can do.

Do you think Universal will be cancelling The Secret Life of Pets Ride which was supposed to take place of stage 28? I can't see them going through with building that ride. So many other ride options they can do.

I wouldn't be canceling an attraction that made the highest opening weekend on an original film that also made about a billion dollars in the box office; along with a sequel in the works for 2018. Do I think it's canceled? No. Could it be reworked due to the high success of the film? Probably. But that is more of my own opinion..

Reactions: Goldblum
I wouldn't be canceling an attraction that made the highest opening weekend on an original film that also made about a billion dollars in the box office; along with a sequel in the works for 2018. Do I think it's canceled? No. Could it be reworked due to the high success of the film? Probably. But that is more of my own opinion..

Just with the upcoming nintendo world coming wouldn't be a smart investment to make that ride. Also, the movie did not at all make a billion dollars my friend. Having a trackless ride would be incredible I'm sure the ride will be great. Just not looking forward to seeing it be built.  To let you know it didn't make highest opening weekend for original film. They started the process of planning this ride long before the movie was ever in theaters.

Just with the upcoming nintendo world coming wouldn't be a smart investment to make that ride. Also, the movie did not at all make a billion dollars my friend. Having a trackless ride would be incredible I'm sure the ride will be great. Just not looking forward to seeing it be built.  To let you know it didn't make highest opening weekend for original film. They started the process of planning this ride long before the movie was ever in theaters.

Then I stand corrected on that, but as I should point out..875 million; isn't something to scoff about. And that's also not even taking into consideration the potential outcome of merchandise sales and DVD/Blu-Ray/Digital copies that have been coming out, which is something to take in mind when it comes to it..

Last edited by a moderator:
I was the first to admit I did not care for SLoP. However, after looking over the ride design, it is something Universal Studios Hollywood needs. It's technologically advanced, but subtle. Plus the only screens were in the queue. I hope it still comes, but sad it's possibly has no future. 

Where are these so called ride designs that you talk about? All we officially know is that it will be trackless or so I thought...

Then I stand corrected on that, but as I should point out..875 million; isn't something to scoff about. And that's also not even taking into consideration the potential outcome of merchandise sales and DVD/Blu-Ray/Digital copies that have been coming out, which is something to take in mind when it comes to it..

Thats a great amount of money that movie made. The upcoming movies that Universal will make based on this overall idea will just be to milk it like they have been doing with minions. Once again with the many movies that universal has made in there time and with all of the kid friendly motion simulators in park. Do we really need another KID FRIENDLY attraction.

I was the first to admit I did not care for SLoP. However, after looking over the ride design, it is something Universal Studios Hollywood needs. It's technologically advanced, but subtle. Plus the only screens were in the queue. I hope it still comes, but sad it's possibly has no future. 

Unless which is very possible. You may have gone into the ride office on the lot to look over the plans.

Last edited by a moderator:
Where are these so called ride designs that you talk about? All we officially know is that it will be trackless or so I thought

From individuals outside of USHForums (And some here too if I recall), the original plans for SLoP was much akin to the Tokyo Disneyland attraction of Poohs Hunny Hunt, and that only costed at about 130 Million.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/aEJXlmN4OkQ?feature=oembed

Tbh, I classify DMMM and Shrek 4D as the only Kid-friendly simulator in the park. And as for Potter; Hippogriff you can argue is another but it isn't anything like what else is offered at the park (and I'm excluding Mummy out of that due to some reasons); due to that it's an outdoor Mack Powerstar Coaster (first of a kind in the West Coast too). I would classify Mummy, TF, FJ, Jurassic Park, TWDA, and the Studio Tour to be more..adult than one would think; but that's my own opinion. 

I wanna think that Universal can pull off a ride like Winnie the Pooh in Tokyo. Im sure they will and everybody compares the SLOP ride to Winnie the Pooh but, which is a good thing. It will be most like Ratatouille the ride in Paris. Which is a trackless ride that mixes practical FX with screens. Somewhat like FJ but on a bigger scale. But, I have had many people comment on how it will be like Winnie the Pooh.

I would love to see Universal pull off a great AA. Would be something mainly new for USH. Florida has a handful of them. 

DMMM is the only 100 percent kid friendly attraction. Disneyland and Universal are about the same price, depends on what day you go on. Disney is the most kid friendly, Universal doesn't have kid friendly messages. Universal isn't meant to be a kid friendly park. For little kids hence why they don't have many kid friendly attractions. Sadly in the next couple of years Shrek will be done and gone. Hopefully the entire building will be destroyed and something completely new will take its place. Unlike the Rugrats remodel.

I wanna think that Universal can pull off a ride like Winnie the Pooh in Tokyo. Im sure they will and everybody compares the SLOP ride to Winnie the Pooh but, which is a good thing. It will be most like Ratatouille the ride in Paris. Which is a trackless ride that mixes practical FX with screens. Somewhat like FJ but on a bigger scale. But, I have had many people comment on how it will be like Winnie the Pooh.

I would love to see Universal pull off a great AA. Would be something mainly new for USH. Florida has a handful of them. 

DMMM is the only 100 percent kid friendly attraction. Disneyland and Universal are about the same price, depends on what day you go on. Disney is the most kid friendly, Universal doesn't have kid friendly messages. Universal isn't meant to be a kid friendly park. For little kids hence why they don't have many kid friendly attractions. Sadly in the next couple of years Shrek will be done and gone. Hopefully the entire building will be destroyed and something completely new will take its place. Unlike the Rugrats remodel.

I would only say the defining AA's at UOR right now are the Goblins in Diagon and Kong's AA's, but that's not saying much.

As for USH going into the Family-Oriented direction, it makes sense. As long as they offer variety where they can put it, Universal doesn't have to stay in the direction of adult-oriented content, nor going all out kid friendly (as there needs to be some things that frighten kids like FJ and TWDA) but making sure that there is something for everyone. It's one of the things that Tokyo Disneysea has it going, variety for everyone. There are the fast attractions that are for thrillseekers, but there are calmer attractions for those that can't take it.

While yes, we don't know what is exactly coming to SNW for Hollywood (outside of what we can probably guess is a lock for Mario Kart); SLoP will be offering something that the park desperately needs. Re-ride-ability. Something with Trackless attractions is the different experiences that guests will always have. It's why attractions like Mystic Manor and Poohs Hunny Hunt are all-time classics; because it's something that offers variety in the way a guest experiences an attraction. And with the Trackless Technology with a simple concept like Pets, it makes legitimate sense.

Reactions: Chris
I would only say the defining AA's at UOR right now are the Goblins in Diagon and Kong's AA's, but that's not saying much.

As for USH going into the Family-Oriented direction, it makes sense. As long as they offer variety where they can put it, Universal doesn't have to stay in the direction of adult-oriented content, nor going all out kid friendly (as there needs to be some things that frighten kids like FJ and TWDA) but making sure that there is something for everyone. It's one of the things that Tokyo Disneysea has it going, variety for everyone. There are the fast attractions that are for thrillseekers, but there are calmer attractions for those that can't take it.

While yes, we don't know what is exactly coming to SNW for Hollywood (outside of what we can probably guess is a lock for Mario Kart); SLoP will be offering something that the park desperately needs. Re-ride-ability. Something with Trackless attractions is the different experiences that guests will always have. It's why attractions like Mystic Manor and Poohs Hunny Hunt are all-time classics; because it's something that offers variety in the way a guest experiences an attraction. And with the Trackless Technology with a simple concept like Pets, it makes legitimate sense.

I totally understand what you are saying. But Kong is Reign of Kong is an AA and ET. 

I totally understand what you are saying. But Kong is Reign of Kong is an AA and ET. 

What I was implying for the case of Kong is more to that while yes, RoK is Screen first, Animatronics later (even with RoK having over 10 Animatronics {Counting all five Drivers} in total), that still doesn't guarantee that they'll be taking care of them. 

Potter and SNW doesn't worry me due to that they have to please their clients, it's best to think that Universal may not care on fixing their own IP-related attractions in a sense.

I hope I'm wrong, but with attractions like JP at both USH and UOR fairing worsening AAs and ET being a nightmare to its own, it makes me cautious about the quality of AAs in Universal-themed attractions as time goes on.

How does that relate to SLoP? When rumored, it was heavily spoken to that there would be a huge amount of Animatronics in the attraction and that would be something I'd be worried about. Could they be able to make sure that the ride quality is not suffering? That's the question I'd wonder out of this project.

I'm sad to hear SLOP may never see the light of day but hopefully this means they're revising their list of I.P which has surely grown since this ride began development. I'd love to see a HTTYD ride at USH! 

Karen's already had an impact on the park in many different ways, and I'm happy that plans may be changing. Whether the plan to include an SLoP IP has been scrapped or if it's being drastically reworked (again) is unknown, but the delay was most likely not her. 

Like Chris, I can say that the original proposed version of this attraction would have floored us all. This had a chance to be like something you would've seen in Japan... at Disney. I can only hope whatever comes can also rise to that level again.