Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Star Tours 3D

Is anyone else upset they could not just make the 3D glasses a bit better themed into the attraction than "Flight Glassses?" I mean it would not cost anything and it used to be the little immersion qualities that are a part of the Disney difference. They could of had an audio byte and or signs that said "Due to Galactic Federation requirements all passengers must wear Flight Glasses in compliance with lightspeed safety policies"

It is disappointing to have that kind of detail left out of a boarding video, and anything else I saw while in the queue.

Is anyone else upset they could not just make the 3D glasses a bit better themed into the attraction than "Flight Glassses?" I mean it would not cost anything and it used to be the little immersion qualities that are a part of the Disney difference. They could of had an audio byte and or signs that said "Due to Galactic Federation requirements all passengers must wear Flight Glasses in compliance with lightspeed safety policies"

It is disappointing to have that kind of detail left out of a boarding video, and anything else I saw while in the queue.

It's just about the only that bothered me the first time. The new boarding video is great, just not perfect.

More clips of Vader's trip to Disneyland

[video=youtube;8NsmmF6mBxg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NsmmF6mBxg&feature=iv&annotation_id=annotation_914751[/video]

That is one of the coolest commercials ever made. I noticed something when I was walking through the queue for Star Tours today. I am not sure if anyone has caught this. In the first room when they are talking about Bespin, the narrator mentions Fantasy In The Sky fireworks every night in the skies of Bespin.

Probably got the most epic Star Tours ride yesterday. Started off with my cousin being picked as the spy, then pod racing, flying through the death star, and dogfighting with Boba Fett. Ended flying into the rebel hanger in space. My gosh I can eat this ride up.

Been on it 4 times. Still haven't seen Coruscant or the Yoda transmission. My favorites of what I have seen are Kashyyyk and Tatooine

Just saw the video of the new ride. Think it looks great, it was well in need of a update, love that it's 3D and that their are a few of the Star Wars characters are included. Can't wait to ride this :thumbs:

Last edited:
Star Tours won a THEA award for Attraction Refresh. From Disney Parks Blog:

Earlier today, the Themed Entertainment Association (TEA) announced the winners of the 18th Annual Thea Awards, recognizing excellence in the creation of extraordinary visitor experiences, attractions, exhibits and places.

Star Tours – The Adventures Continue at Disneyland park and Disney’s Hollywood Studios was honored with the Award for Outstanding Achievement – Attraction Refresh

"The Magic, The Memories, and You! and Joe Rohde were also honored.

Last edited:
Got a chance to hit this one up before Osborne last night. It was maybe the best experience on this ride ever. Vader start in the beginning, Hoth, Yoda transmission, and then Death Star sequence. Just great. Probably one of my favorite rides at Walt Disney World right now.

I was able to experience this for the first time last night and it blew me away! This has to be one of my favorites now, the entire ride was just so entertaining. I didn't like the original Star Tours that much so this came as a complete shock for me. Definitley will have to ride on this one more often now!

can someone actually explain to me how the new ride works. is it really that random. the rumoured 50 endings seems really far-fetched
There are 4 different scenes that have several different variants.
The first one has 2, the second has 3, the third has 3, and the fourth has 3.
So, 2x3x3x3=54 different possible variations of the ride.