Star Tours 3D | Page 38 | Inside Universal Forums

Star Tours 3D

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I got to ride Star Tours for my first time yesterday three times. The first time I was the rebel spy, and that was awesome. I have been to Kashyk (twice), Hoth, Naboo, Coruscant, and the Death Star. Each of the locations are great and a lot of work was put into the entire ride. I have only seen the Princess Leia transmission, what are the others? I was worried that 3PO would be a bad choice for the pilot but it worked great. The star of the ship really was R2 though, and the interaction between the duo was great. The 3-D is a standout feature because it is some of the best. Everything really has depth and looks much better especially the cannons on Star Tours. I can't wait to go back to ride it again.

star tours commercial in gifs
tumblr_lm9awd9Zs51qcnhhzo1_500.gif

tumblr_lm9o2tPe8B1qcnhhzo1_500.gif

tumblr_lm9n7xe7UH1qguurxo1_500.gif

I rode star tours 2 on Friday. My quick review

1. Amazing Queue
2. Amazing 3-D
3. I got off and wanted to ride again.
4. While it is wonderful it is no Forbidden Journey.

We visited DHS on Saturday to experience Star Tours 2. While I'm not a fan of these movies, I really liked the upgrades to the ride. Another great upgrade to the parks :thumbs:

I thought some may be interested in this:

There's a podcast of all-things-Star-Wars called the 'ForceCast', and on their most recent episode (see link below) they interview Disney Imagineer Tony Baxter, the guy most responsible for bringing Disney and Lucas together from the inception of Star Tours through the recent update. The interview is packed with interesting tid-bits and insight on the Disney / Lucas relationship and history of Star Tours. Some of the topics covered:
  • The first concept of a Disney / Star Wars attraction -- a roller coaster with an alternate story line chosen by the guests: starting on Dagobah with Yoda, and you ultimately choose to destroy the Death Star by taking the coaster into the trench, or delving into the core.
  • George Lucas' thoughts on building his "own park", but not having the time or money -- making Disney the perfect marriage for him.
  • Baxter & company's research and development of the motion simulation technology.
  • The Imagineers' struggles to work through Michael Eisner's bad ideas to make it happen --- including narrowly avoiding an Eisner name change to "Star Ride", when George quickly vetoed the name change.
  • The original idea of being able to change the video to keep the ride fresh --- and why that never happened.

It's good stuff, really interesting --- whether you're a Wars fan, Disney fan, or both. Here's the link:

http://forcecast.net/story/topstory/Weekly_ForceCast_June_3_2011_138579.asp

Or, just go to iTunes and search for "ForceCast" --- it's the June 3rd episode. If you want to cut directly to the interview, it starts around the 28:50 mark. But if your a fan of the Wars and haven't listened to ForceCast --- definitely check it out. It's one of the highest quality podcasts out there, like a full production radio show.

I thought some may be interested in this:

There's a podcast of all-things-Star-Wars called the 'ForceCast', and on their most recent episode (see link below) they interview Disney Imagineer Tony Baxter, the guy most responsible for bringing Disney and Lucas together from the inception of Star Tours through the recent update. The interview is packed with interesting tid-bits and insight on the Disney / Lucas relationship and history of Star Tours. Some of the topics covered:
  • The first concept of a Disney / Star Wars attraction -- a roller coaster with an alternate story line chosen by the guests: starting on Dagobah with Yoda, and you ultimately choose to destroy the Death Star by taking the coaster into the trench, or delving into the core.
  • George Lucas' thoughts on building his "own park", but not having the time or money -- making Disney the perfect marriage for him.
  • Baxter & company's research and development of the motion simulation technology.
  • The Imagineers' struggles to work through Michael Eisner's bad ideas to make it happen --- including narrowly avoiding an Eisner name change to "Star Ride", when George quickly vetoed the name change.
  • The original idea of being able to change the video to keep the ride fresh --- and why that never happened.

It's good stuff, really interesting --- whether you're a Wars fan, Disney fan, or both. Here's the link:

http://forcecast.net/story/topstory/Weekly_ForceCast_June_3_2011_138579.asp

Or, just go to iTunes and search for "ForceCast" --- it's the June 3rd episode. If you want to cut directly to the interview, it starts around the 28:50 mark. But if your a fan of the Wars and haven't listened to ForceCast --- definitely check it out. It's one of the highest quality podcasts out there, like a full production radio show.

Some interesting facts there, thanks.