Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser | Page 59 | Inside Universal Forums

Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
They are currently doing test stays and filming days so I believe it. It's definitely odd, but if we're going with the cruise thing, this may be a Day 1 offering, before leaving to "space".
Last chance to sell you something before space......

Drunk3PO (and others reporting) that another call for Equity actors has gone out -- a cruise director (30s female), a mechanic (early 20s male) and a Twylek singer.

What makes this odd is that Make-A-Wish and preview cruises were scheduled to begin this month--tho now reportedly delayed due to COVID--with the actual opening in March,. The fastest Equity show I can recall hearing about is the Frozen sing-along, which I believe was put together in 6 weeks. That was a much shorter show with essentially two actors.The obvious implication of this condensed timeline is either the show is being retooled or a fair number of actors were cast but decided this isn't the gig for them.

Also the casting call explicitly states that early preview cruises will be for media/influencers.

Reactions: Clive
Star Cruiser will stop at consumption planet where you can spend till you explode. This magical experience on planet Springs doesn't deviate from your itinerary as the next 8 hours are quite boring and it could be a better use of your time than building a model space ship and learn to fold napkins for tonight's mac 'n space chees.

Reactions: Mad Dog
Star Cruiser will stop at consumption planet where you can spend till you explode. This magical experience on planet Springs doesn't deviate from your itinerary as the next 8 hours are quite boring and it could be a better use of your time than building a model space ship and learn to fold napkins for tonight's mac 'n space chees.
Sounds like the restaurant scene in Monty Python's "The Meaning of Life' film. :lol:

• Haha
Reactions: tielo
The obvious implication of this condensed timeline is either the show is being retooled or a fair number of actors were cast but decided this isn't the gig for them.
This would not surprise me. If you're a talented singer, are you going to want to get Twi'lek-ed up every night to sing goofy songs at a dinner show where your friends and family can never come watch without paying thousands of dollars? Does it actually look good in a portfolio? Doubtful. And for as little as $18.24/hour? Nah, pass.

I would not be shocked if they created roles that had to be equity without actually considering if equity performers would want to do them. "Ship mechanic" or "cruise director" in a hotel just doesn't seem to carry the same cachet as about every other equity role on property.

Drunk3PO (and others reporting) that another call for Equity actors has gone out -- a cruise director (30s female), a mechanic (early 20s male) and a Twylek singer.

What makes this odd is that Make-A-Wish and preview cruises were scheduled to begin this month--tho now reportedly delayed due to COVID--with the actual opening in March,. The fastest Equity show I can recall hearing about is the Frozen sing-along, which I believe was put together in 6 weeks. That was a much shorter show with essentially two actors.The obvious implication of this condensed timeline is either the show is being retooled or a fair number of actors were cast but decided this isn't the gig for them.

Also the casting call explicitly states that early preview cruises will be for media/influencers.

Preview cruises for CMs and families have been going on for a few weeks. Hmmmmmm

Reactions: SeventyOne
Two thoughts

1) I'm kinda excited to see the coverage of this resort hotel...think its going to have some funny reactions from people

2) Was talking about what could have made this resort amazing...and to me it would be if no joke...you were in a huge space ship on the biggest turn table in the world and it would be in space while your in it...but you "get off planet" and go to different planets in the SW universe/ You stop at Tattoine, Kashyyk/or Naboo and end in Coruscant. No idea if it would be "better" but the tech behind that would be amazing...so at the very least people would be impressed on how it works over...what we have