Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser | Page 61 | Inside Universal Forums

Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Rumor is they are already surveying about "dinner cruises." Which probably should have been more of a focus all along.
This is the direction I’d expect it to go if it needs to make more money. Less dinner and more lunch “excursions from Batuu” for non-hotel guests. Dinners are already filled but lunch is underutilized at the hotel while Studios needs lunch capacity.

This is the direction I’d expect it to go if it needs to make more money. Less dinner and more lunch “excursions from Batuu” for non-hotel guests. Dinners are already filled but lunch is underutilized at the hotel while Studios needs lunch capacity.

Which is wild as they could have saved millions by just building it part of the land, as it was planned to be, on day one.

My stance has always been you can't have it both ways. Many of these bloggers want to be treated like journalists, so they need to act like them, including complying with all of the ethical standards professional reporters are subject to. This includes disclosing freebies and incorporating that inherent bias into their assessments.

My stance has always been you can't have it both ways. Many of these bloggers want to be treated like journalists, so they need to act like them, including complying with all of the ethical standards professional reporters are subject to. This includes disclosing freebies and incorporating that inherent bias into their assessments.
They have and will want both as long as fans don't hold them to it

Most people just want video's with what is going on...beyond that nothing. It's always been about bloggers getting money for going to the parks and getting some free stuff now and then

They have and will want both as long as fans don't hold them to it

Most people just want video's with what is going on...beyond that nothing. It's always been about bloggers getting money for going to the parks and getting some free stuff now and then

And if they just produce fluff videos then I won't call them journalists, no matter how much Tom pouts about his degree.

Which is wild as they could have saved millions by just building it part of the land, as it was planned to be, on day one.
But it’s not like they have a successful model like Be Our Guest that they could emulate or mountains of data that shows how underutilized hotel F&B is at lunch.

Oh right…

Sarcasm aside, people would have lapped up a basic $35-40 per person lunch that was between QSR and table service, and then come back later that evening to lap up a $70-80 per person character/show dinner.

And if they just produce fluff videos then I won't call them journalists, no matter how much Tom pouts about his degree.
I dont think anyone covering Disneyland is anything but making ad money. No disagreement here

Absolutely. Part of the problem is that in other media - theatre, film etc - press credentials aren't reliant on writing positive reviews. So long as those reviewers remain professional, they can keep being honest and critical in their reports. But in theme parks, that's simply not tolerated by the park media departments. Anything less than positivity will get you a sternly worded email, and then a transfer to the blacklist.

It's an unfortunate symptom of some of those in charge not seeing theme parks as "art" that is improved by healthy critical discourse, in the way that those in other art forms do. Until that's changed, I'm not sure how this gets fixed.

Agreed.

But lot of these peoples' stance is, "I want to keep getting comped. Also, free cupcake parties and photo ops."

Can't blame them*, but can't trust them.

*I actually can and appreciate the few theme park reviewers that refuse comps.

Agreed.

But lot of these peoples' stance is, "I want to keep getting comped. Also, free cupcake parties and photo ops."

Can't blame them*, but can't trust them.

*I actually can and appreciate the few theme park reviewers that refuse comps.

To be clear, I don't really begrudge anyone who acts as an "influencer" and takes photos of themselves at glamorous parties and openings. That's par for the course in other media institutions and has been for many decades, particularly film and television. The difference is influencers in those other spheres generally don't act like they're journalists giving measured assessments.

The Newsroom tv series give a great insight into journalism and the conclusion is that whatever channel is sponsored can't and won't be objective. Current "guests" are 99% Di$ney hand-puppets.
Anyway, the only thing I trust is Fox News, if they say it's great you shouldn't even poke it with a stick but walk away from it as fast as you can and object to whatever they said.

Reactions: SkiBum
I dont think anyone covering Disneyland is anything but making ad money. No disagreement here

I said this to a friend

“I guess that comes down to actual travel writers and reporters vs influencers. One informs your purchase while the other makes you envious of what they’re doing.”

Both want to make money but one is doing that through building trust. The other is through FOMO.

Anyway…

Thoughts from someone from the media days

Put up or shut up with that. Show me the reservation.

I'd be surprised if we saw one negative comment from ANYONE who attended. At least when you go to Batuu lunch is included as well as LL's to the 2 rides, they least they could do with the price point.

Reactions: HHN Yeti Lover