Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser | Page 63 | Inside Universal Forums

Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Going to drop this here... (read the full thread)

Automotive writers who gush over Ferraris and Bentleys aren't ever held to the standard of including in their articles whether they think the car is worth $300k or not.

The obsession over reviews and reviewers is just bizarre. Len really gets on a bit of a rant there - you would think that someone who does what he does would understand that the "free media ecosystem" that he's pining for is crowdsourced feedback from the masses voting with their feet and their wallets and not the fact that Gizmodo or DisneyMomBlog.net wrote an article on 2/25/22 about a hotel.

Wait, so the fresh air simulator is for people like me that might have a panic attack from claustrophobia?? They really did think of everything.
There's more than just fresh air there.

Reactions: OrlandoGuy
Automotive writers who gush over Ferraris and Bentleys aren't ever held to the standard of including in their articles whether they think the car is worth $300k or not.

The obsession over reviews and reviewers is just bizarre. Len really gets on a bit of a rant there - you would think that someone who does what he does would understand that the "free media ecosystem" that he's pining for is crowdsourced feedback from the masses voting with their feet and their wallets and not the fact that Gizmodo or DisneyMomBlog.net wrote an article on 2/25/22 about a hotel.

Agreed. I think the issue is there’ll always be a faction of the fandom that feels these companies owe them something, so there’s an urge to tear anything a little less accessible down.

I do agree that the lengthy conversation over reviews the past few pages simply isn't worth it. However, while I don't read automotive reviews for cars over $300k, i'm willing to bet they are a bit more impartial than what Disney bloggers typically present themselves as.

Last edited:
I do agree that the lengthy conversation over reviews the past few pages simply isn't worth it. However, while I don't automotive reviews over $300k cars, i'm willing to bet they are a bit more impartial than what Disney bloggers typically present themselves as.

Agreed. Most reviewers for cars will call out shortcomings whereas a Disney Blogger is very unlikely to provide a negative reviewer. Of course, most car sites/magazines aren't solely supported by one manufacturer. The funny thing is that no amount of good/great reviews are going to change my mind about ever signing up for a "cruise" at this hotel. I am quite interested in what it looks like but no interest whatsoever due to cost and not being that into Star Wars. I've seen all the movies and own a few of them but I'm not a big enough fan to ever pay to do this.

and wait why are their extra costs? It's 1,200 bucks per night...nothing should cost extra.

In the thread, she clarifies that what she's talking about is booking Savi's and Oga's... because she speculates that doing/not doing so might impact one of the four "story paths" that are apparently part of the whole experience.

I wouldn't think what you do in Galaxy's Edge would impact anything on the Starcruiser in a meaningful way (seems far too complicated for Disney to operate in that way), but I guess we'll see.

Reactions: SeventyOne
In the thread, she clarifies that what she's talking about is booking Savi's and Oga's... because she speculates that doing/not doing so might impact one of the four "story paths" that are apparently part of the whole experience.

I wouldn't think what you do in Galaxy's Edge would impact anything on the Starcruiser in a meaningful way (seems far too complicated for Disney to operate in that way), but I guess we'll see.
Ohh good, I was like wow Disney is really trying to screw guests with this one.

Last I checked this was supposed to be a “luxury” star cruiser, why are we staying in what. Looks to be staff quarters ?

it looks awfully cheap to me. Would like to see the video screen/TV in action.

I’m not loving the room. Is there a reason they couldn’t do a huge window?

We've always known the room was going to be small, but actually seeing it and then knowing the price tag on it for a TWO DAY EXPERIENCE makes me almost want to throw up.

I'm sure this will be a big hit with young kids (5-10-ish), primarily because Mom & Dad are footing the bill and they can just have fun. But they'd likely have fun even if they never did the Starcruiser and they got adjoining rooms at Art of Animation, tbh (The kids would have full size beds!). That may be a bit of a stretch as a think the people able to afford this without bankrupting themselves are more of a deluxe resort crowd or possibly DVC, but you get my point.

I see most everyone else not liking the hotel or at least feeling like they vastly overpaid. I think there's a chance some Star Wars fans will either love it, but I think a lot will hate it, too. The rest won't have enough money for it (most will fall into the latter category).

Would like to see the video screen/TV in action.

I was thinking about that as well. Will the TVs only get programming created for the experience or will they be full functional with the channels the rest of the resorts get being "beamed up from Earth?"

I just heard from someone who did a preview stay and he said (despite getting it for free) he'd pay the price to do it again. Then he (who is a CM and has stayed everywhere on property, been to every Disney park, as well as taking constant DCL cruises) also said he'd prefer to spend a fraction of the cost and stay in one of the Treehouses again, but he liked it overall.

The bathroom is also very , very basic, I mean even cheap hotels have dual sinks. This looks very tight for a family of 4. I realize that most of the action will be happening outside the room, but people like to take breaks.
I wonder how late the “entertainment” is active, I can’t imagine Chewbacca is walking around the lobby at 10pm,

on a side note , I’ve already seen a few comments about “this isn’t the best time to be promoting a fake space vacation “ due to the current world climate, but I suppose not much can be done about that now

Reactions: GA-MBIT
The bathroom is also very , very basic, I mean even cheap hotels have dual sinks. This looks very tight for a family of 4. I realize that most of the action will be happening outside the room, but people like to take breaks.
I wonder how late the “entertainment” is active, I can’t imagine Chewbacca is walking around the lobby at 10pm,

on a side note , I’ve already seen a few comments about “this isn’t the best time to be promoting a fake space vacation “ due to the current world climate, but I suppose not much can be done about that now
If it's anything like the DCL, activities will be done by 10 or 11 (which is actually early for a cruise ship). With the entertainment being filled with Equity actors and singers, I imagine most things wrapping up around 8 or 9.

Reactions: GA-MBIT