Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser | Page 64 | Inside Universal Forums

Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Len really gets on a bit of a rant there - you would think that someone who does what he does would understand that the "free media ecosystem" that he's pining for is crowdsourced feedback from the masses voting with their feet and their wallets and not the fact that Gizmodo or DisneyMomBlog.net wrote an article on 2/25/22 about a hotel.

Also while I'm at it, in another thread you said Disney's stronger than ever, and when I said they are not at capacity you rebuked it. Well in the Feb conference call Chapek said

self imposed capacity restraints are a function of food and beverage and live entertainment.

Also stating they're suffering from staffing shortages which cuts capacity. So yes, I was right. This makes me wonder if you are being intentionally disingenuous or you have no idea what you're talking about.

I hope everyone who goes and does this has a great time.

But seeing the...uhhh..."quality" of the climax, among some of the other "activities", I'm comfortable never doing this.
I think this is something that we may see AP/DVC discounts and on travel websites the price be marked down.

Of course, if it proves to be popular, I assume we’re definitely getting an Avengers hotel in Disneyland, right?

DisUnplugged also has a great video (But is 2 hours long)

I have..a lot of thoughts. And initially, I was very much on the negative bend, but now? I...think there's a lot of potential. A lot of things that need to be drastically fixed, but a lot of potential. I genuinely wonder how long until a pricing re-structure takes place to reduce prices and add single-individual rates. I'll probably compile later more properly once I get a proper lay of the land, but I'm not as against it as I was eariler today.

Considering they crammed all the fun bits that are supposed to take up 2 days into 4 hours, they probably had a lot more fun with this than paying guests are going to and even then the reviews i'm seeing sort of amount to "There's a lot of individually cool things, but for the price, I don't know that I can personally say I recommend it yet".

Doing this 4 hour media thing was genius from Disney's perspective though. Bloggers probably thought they would get a free stay and now they actually have to pay if they want the full experience, which tbh, most probably will for the sake of youtube clicks.

Considering they crammed all the fun bits that are supposed to take up 2 days into 4 hours, they probably had a lot more fun with this than paying guests are going to and even then the reviews i'm seeing sort of amount to "There's a lot of individually cool things, but for the price, I don't know that I can personally say I recommend it yet".

Doing this 4 hour media thing was genius from Disney's perspective though. Bloggers probably thought they would get a free stay and now they actually have to pay if they want the full experience, which tbh, most probably will for the sake of youtube clicks.

Craig from The Dis had the full stay.

Also, it appears the entire hotel structure is plainly visible as you drive up to it.

I don't think that's a huge deal, but it does defeat the purpose of the elaborate, "You must take a shuttle up to the ship" conceit.

Reactions: Clive
Also, it appears the entire hotel structure is plainly visible as you drive up to it.

I don't think that's a huge deal, but it does defeat the purpose of the elaborate, "You must take a shuttle up to the ship" conceit.

I'd give it time, odds are they intended for the trees around the entrance to grow so that can be more properly blocked. Worst case scenario, they could plant a few more, and paint the main building a sky blue.

I will say, the the show with Kylo and Rey saber dueling is EXACTLY what should be a part of Galaxy's Edge. Something like that should've been there from day one (the stunt bridges were even designed as a part of the land) and it would be something I would stop and see every time I visit.

Unfortunately now we'll never get that.

I'd give it time, odds are they intended for the trees around the entrance to grow so that can be more properly blocked. Worst case scenario, they could plant a few more, and paint the main building a sky blue.
Also, since you are basically being fully immersed in Star Wars, you'll likely forget fairly quickly since there's a lot going on in a short period of time.

I mean driving to park at DHS you'll end up passing the back of SWGE, so when does the "immersion" begin or end? I don't think this is a deal-breaker, especially as Alex points out the trees and shrubs will grow in.

I will say, the the show with Kylo and Rey saber dueling is EXACTLY what should be a part of Galaxy's Edge. Something like that should've been there from day one (the stunt bridges were even designed designed as a part of the land) and it would be something I would stop and see every time I visit.

Unfortunately now we'll never get that.

I think that plays into this review really well.

I think that plays into this review really well.

I feel like during the design process for Galaxy's Edge, they were definitely planning on putting a ton of this stuff in SWGE. Then they realized how costly it would be and someone piped up and had the idea to throw this stuff into a cruise-like experience where they could charge an arm and a leg for it.

I think at this point after reading/watching quite a bit, my biggest issue is that it all just feels half-baked, especially considering the price.

As a concept, I could absolutely be swayed into wanting to do something like this. But everything is far too small (from the rooms to the bar being smaller than Ogas to the actual atrium), the activities are an absolute mixed bag ranging from great little adventures to playing cards, and the big finale has great moments, but also has one of the laziest moments I've ever seen in a theme park show with that lightsaber swap.

It also feels like far too much of this experience revolves around characters created specifically for this hotel that no one has any attachment to whatsoever. I get that they're absolutely deadset on sticking solely to the sequel trilogy, but at that price point, it doesn't feel enough like Star Wars for me. Even the characters they do have are kinda off (looking at Kylo's voice).

Happy for everyone who ends up enjoying this, but it's a pass for me at this current stage.

As a concept, I could absolutely be swayed into wanting to do something like this. But everything is far too small (from the rooms to the bar being smaller than Ogas to the actual atrium), the activities are an absolute mixed bag ranging from great little adventures to playing cards, and the big finale has great moments, but also has one of the laziest moments I've ever seen in a theme park show with that lightsaber swap.
And what I don't understand about these things being smaller is that they started with a blank slate on a large and undeveloped piece of land.

This is the type of free marketing that Disney loves. If all I saw was that TikTok i'd think it's amazing.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tbad556