Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser | Page 62 | Inside Universal Forums

Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
"the level of service . the joy the cast had on their faces. it’s not impossible "

Level of service for something under the microscope like this will ALWAYS be far and above the average.

The "joy" on the cast faces is understandable. They are proud of this and their spirits haven't been broken (yet) by the reality of doing this for the 10th, 100th, 1000th time for guests who are miserable and awful to deal with.

It's not "impossible", it's just not possible to sustain at that level.

I saw someone bring up what smokers will have to do who are staying in the hotel. I heard there's an outdoor courtyard? Sort of themed as a "simulation" of being outdoors? If they were building a courtyard and pretending it's a Star Trek style holodeck, they could have added a space pool. Maybe make the water purple or something so it's space-y?

"the level of service . the joy the cast had on their faces. it’s not impossible "

Level of service for something under the microscope like this will ALWAYS be far and above the average.

The "joy" on the cast faces is understandable. They are proud of this and their spirits haven't been broken (yet) by the reality of doing this for the 10th, 100th, 1000th time for guests who are miserable and awful to deal with.

It's not "impossible", it's just not possible to sustain at that level.

I saw someone bring up what smokers will have to do who are staying in the hotel. I heard there's an outdoor courtyard? Sort of themed as a "simulation" of being outdoors? If they were building a courtyard and pretending it's a Star Trek style holodeck, they could have added a space pool. Maybe make the water purple or something so it's space-y?

while I’ve been saying this forever , I kind of see Alicia ‘s point that there really isn’t “time “ to swim due to all the activities . This “experience” Is looking to be more and more of an “add on” for folks that shell out for a large vacation package.The people that will spend the money to stay a week or two at the grand Floridian and then take a weekend excursion ,may even bring a separate travel bag just for a couple nights.

i would say the market for this is niche , but given the crowd levels in the last couple months, I think it will do fairly well for a while.

Thoughts from someone from the media days

I consider myself a Star Wars fan (not as into it as others, but, I’ve attended SWC in the past if that makes a difference) and personally I won’t pay for it at its current price point.

When something is free it can definitely cloud your judgment quite strongly. Influencer brand trips have existed for a while now for a good reason and this current preview feels no different than one of those. I’m looking forward to hearing the thoughts of the people that paid to get in though.

I wonder what the word embargo means.
I think this is planned as a series of leaks. TDO knows if they let the info out of their complete control "oopsies" and "tech issues" will let it out. I think they hope it builds excitement for it but I also think their hopes are misplaced.
Avoids having a massive release fall flat, they can fall back to "it was leaked so we lost the impact" and excuse some of the Pfffft of the air coming out of this balloon

With the price point as high as it is I expect early reviews from PAYING guests will be one of two options: High praise calling it absolutely worth it because they spent so much they better have had fun, or, calling it the worst thing ever because they spent so much that nothing would’ve met their expectations.
Agreed, I don't really think there's much of a middle ground. They basically shot themselves in the foot the second they set the price so high as it means that if the experience isn't perfect, people will likely be disappointed.

When something is free it can definitely cloud your judgment quite strongly. Influencer brand trips have existed for a while now for a good reason and this current preview feels no different than one of those. I’m looking forward to hearing the thoughts of the people that paid to get in though.

Exactly! I always think about when I've had a "free" meal-- even when it's not great, it's pretty good because I got it free. If I'm paying for it and it's mediocre, I'm not happy. When free pizza comes to the office, you don't care where it came from (even Dominoes), but if I'm buying it, it better be good pizza.

Exactly! I always think about when I've had a "free" meal-- even when it's not great, it's pretty good because I got it free. If I'm paying for it and it's mediocre, I'm not happy. When free pizza comes to the office, you don't care where it came from (even Dominoes), but if I'm buying it, it better be good pizza.
That's a really good analogy. It's impossible for these Disney bloggers (who make their living by being unofficial Disney PR engines) to be completely objective. And imo, it's not necessarily because they are worried Disney will stop inviting them to events, it's because they know that their audience doesn't want to hear negative things about Disney, which is scary in itself.

Generally huge dusters want to believe everything is magical and don't like hearing negative things, so even if some bloggers have a more negative slanted opinion, I don't think we will hear it in full as much as we'll hear them beat around the bush to sort of hint that it's not perfect, but they still had a great time (on Disney's dime).

I don't really care about any review for this place until the hotel is open and people who are paying for it are coming back with reviews.

I’ve had the chance to do a preview for a Disney resort before, and have since gone back multiple times for paid stays and the difference is there. Still a great resort that’s one of my favorites, but, the service is not the same as the preview stay, they had free drinks that I went back to purchase on a later stay and was told they were only made for that preview, even the table service meal (while they were two different times a day) wasn’t the same—free dinner that night was one of the best I’ve had on property, the table service breakfast OOP though?? The one thing I’d never do again there, so not worth the cost at all.

It is nice to see previews that weren't mostly concept art though! It started to feel like they were doing that too much as we were getting closer to opening.

I wonder what the staff is going to say when it's raining. "Sorry, simulator is stuck on 'rain' today."? I assume there's an overhang though or something at least and it's not just a square bit of space outside. That would be a little too ridiculous given the price tag.

Are the cast members trained for a little improv as well? Like to deal with things not going as planned or when handling problems with individual guests (like a clogged toilet—does a space plumber come out or is it Joe Moe's Fixerupper from down the street pulling up?). It might seem inane and that may not be the best example, but to the point of the conversation being made about money and experience: When people are putting a lot of money down, and you're selling them on the idea of a very immersive experience, these are the sort of things they'll remember.

On top of that, the other thing about this is that this isn't just at some vaguely themed regular hotel. This is narrowly defined with a wide audience to a such a degree that they shouldn't be surprised when people very knowledgeable want to "test" that immersion in conversation and other interactive moments. Again, that all plays into how someone feels about their money down vs. someone else previewing it freely. And yes, I'm sure some of these influencers like SW but I'm talking about the people who love SW; will they be back over and over? Will they recommend other fans to check it out, or tell them to stay away?

It'll also be interesting to find out what the average guest thinks of it if they're not that deep into the lore/story as well. Is it fun for them, even if they were dragged along for the family vacation? The reviews coming out tomorrow will be fine for an appetizer and will still say a lot putting aside the expected positive fluff. I'm waiting for the reviews that come out in all caps, some asterisks, and several explicit emojis. That's where the real story is. :lol:

I wonder what the staff is going to say when it's raining. "Sorry, simulator is stuck on 'rain' today."? I assume there's an overhang though or something at least and it's not just a square bit of space outside. That would be a little too ridiculous given the price tag.

Pretty sure the "simulator" has a shelter.

I've heard that smokers are going to have to take the "shuttle" back to earth/front entrance to smoke. It would make sense as they don't want the fresh air simulator smelling like smoke all of the time.

Pretty sure the "simulator" has a shelter.

I've heard that smokers are going to have to take the "shuttle" back to earth/front entrance to smoke. It would make sense as they don't want the fresh air simulator smelling like smoke all of the time.
Wait, so the fresh air simulator is for people like me that might have a panic attack from claustrophobia?? They really did think of everything.