Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disneyland)

Having watched a few of the Savi's workshop videos (build your own lightsaber) the one thing that I think they should do is hire an actor to lead the workshop. The guy in the videos I've seen seem like standard CMs going off of a script whereas I think they could deepen the immersion of the experience if you have an old/seasoned actor to just give much more weight to the performance.

Similar to the actors used in the wand choosing ceremony at Olivanders would give it that final little OOMPH to completely sell the experience.

In addition to better performers the shows need a rewrite. Everything is too ham-fisted and contrived.

Is there any general consensus when Rise will open?

Rumblings are September but as always that's subject to change/not being true at all.

If they don't they sure aren't focusing on guests. They have a brand new MASSIVELY anticipated land, and are purposely limiting the guest numbers to a point where many people are missing out, while the lucky few are getting a crazy uncrowned land.

If that 1100 is what they are letting in per 4 hour time frame, that is an INCREDIBLY small number.

It would take less than 10 CMs to man In and Out paths, and control the level to whatever they want. And get more people in the pakr instead of staying home because they can't get in SWGE.

One thing to consider is this is essentially a soft opening for them except they can't just shut the doors and kick people out if something isn't working right. Having less guests in there now to work out the bugs and to get CM's acclimated is probably preferable.

One thing to consider is this is essentially a soft opening for them except they can't just shut the doors and kick people out if something isn't working right. Having less guests in there now to work out the bugs and to get CM's acclimated is probably preferable.

I'm sure the webpage about the reservations said there were no guarantees on anything being open.

Historically DL has the worst food of the SoCal theme parks. I'd go to Knotts, SeaWorld, or Three Broomsticks before eating at Disneyland.

Historically? Yes. Recently? No. Disneyland has revamped their food offerings considerably over the last 5 years. They are definitely above Seaworld and Three Broomsticks. Not fair for Knotts which is first a place that sells food (historically speaking).

Knott's> Disneyland > SeaWorld > Uni

That's the SoCal rankings (from a season passholder of two of them).

I could be wrong, but weren't people saying smugglers run wouldn't be on rails?
I always thought it was going to be an on rail shooter due to the difficulties of giving people total freedom.
I guess when disney hyped it up a bit when they said it was rendered in real time, but I suppose you could say that for any video game?

Historically? Yes. Recently? No. Disneyland has revamped their food offerings considerably over the last 5 years. They are definitely above Seaworld and Three Broomsticks. Not fair for Knotts which is first a place that sells food (historically speaking).

Knott's> Disneyland > SeaWorld > Uni

That's the SoCal rankings (from a season passholder of two of them).

While I agree Disney food is improving a lot, I personally still put it only above Six Flags. About half of Uni's food is very good, and half so-so... thereby edging out Disney by just a hair. My ranking:

Knott's > Sea World > Uni > Disneyland > Six Flags

I could be wrong, but weren't people saying smugglers run wouldn't be on rails?
I always thought it was going to be an on rail shooter due to the difficulties of giving people total freedom.
I guess when disney hyped it up a bit when they said it was rendered in real time, but I suppose you could say that for any video game?

I read that plunging the falcon up or down can definitely be “felt” in the cockpit...so maybe having a bad driver makes the ride much more thrilling...

While I agree Disney food is improving a lot, I personally still put it only above Six Flags. About half of Uni's food is very good, and half so-so... thereby edging out Disney by just a hair. My ranking:

Knott's > Sea World > Uni > Disneyland > Six Flags

I don't think anything in Uni LA can compare to Carthay, Lamplight Lounge, or Tropical Hideaway.

Right?
I'm reading reports that depending on the Cast Member/Citizen of Batuu you can't even just wear the clothing pieces from Black Spire Outfitters over your regular clothing.

I don't know if anyone else feels the same way about this - but this was one of the things that really bummed me out about the new land. When the first announcement came out about the overall immersion of the land and how you'd be able to interact with it I was thrilled because I go all in for this sort of thing (my first visit to Hogsmeade, I saw other guests walking around in robes and that day I threw down a couple hundred dollars in merch within the hour and wore it dorkily but happily in the Florida heat).

I'm the sort of fan that wants to play around and take pictures "in-universe", experiencing these world like I'm part of it, not just a spectator - so my hopes were super high expecting Galaxy's Edge to Plus what Universal did and just blow it out of the water - and it looks like here at least for people like me it fell flat.

( I mean, I used to work in the park too so I get the costumes policy for adults - but we used to enforce it if someone tried getting in looking like a specific character so that guests wouldn't be confused. Someone wearing robes with a lanyard around their neck over jeans and sneakers shouldn't count.)
But heck was I so ready to drop some serious cash and throw all my money at Galaxy's Edge - now, I'm not so sure if I'm gonna spend as much on merch as I normally would, if I just have to carry around my purchases and wait til I go home :/

Er ... yeah :crazy:

I don't think anything in Uni LA can compare to Carthay, Lamplight Lounge, or Tropical Hideaway.

We can agree to disagree... personally, I wasn't all that impressed with Carthay, and Hideway is fine, but nothing special. Haven't tried Lamplight Lounge yet. But Id' rather do Three Broomsticks or even the cafe sandwhichs (which are surprisingly good) over the first two.

^Yeah, but how often can one afford to eat there?
Lots of expensive places have the best food. Have you tried not being poor? Do they allow you to order 3 kids meals as an adult? Would you like to get high for like the next four hours instead of the 3rd kids meal? Oh I don't actually... wait how much?

Lots of expensive places have the best food. Have you tried not being poor? Do they allow you to order 3 kids meals as an adult? Would you like to get high for like the next four hours instead of the 3rd kids meal? Oh I don't actually... wait how much?

Are you unable to process jokes? have you tried feeling empathy?

Yeah - you're coming across like an ass.... Take a chill pill and exit the thread for a bit.

To steer this thread back on topic...

It seems CM blockouts have been lifted til the 23rd. I wonder if the optics of a dead Disneyland rubbed the suits the wrong way.

That’s media day only.
Yep, but it shows what is coming. That was just a tease. The land was built with entertainment in mind. Those stages have permanent fire effects in place. This is just one of the performance areas too.

Once crowds pick up after the reservation period ends Disney will be deploying the shows to draw guests away from other attractions in the land. Right now, they aren't necessary at all.

I read that plunging the falcon up or down can definitely be “felt” in the cockpit...so maybe having a bad driver makes the ride much more thrilling...
Can confirm if you have bad pilots you can absolutely feel the difference. The couple on my first ride had no idea what they were doing and we were crashing left and right, therefore I was getting thrown around in my seat. (it made it super fun tbh) I had better pilots the second time around and it was a lot smoother. Still a few crashes but nothing quite as rough as the first time.