Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios) | Page 141 | Inside Universal Forums

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I was at DL just this past week and it looked like they are quite a bit further along in construction than DHS.

Looking at the space alotted right now for the Millennium Falcon prop out front the entrance, it looks like a really tight space to fit the fastest hunk of chunk in the galaxy.

I can see it now the nightmare photo opp congestion that will happen there. Thank god selfi sticks wont be an issue...

I have a feeling it wasn't released publicly as I can't find it anywhere either.

It looks like the press release went out concurrently with a talk being given about the tech by WDI. It was probably shown there.

Wouldn't be surprised if the falcon is top 3 most photographed locations in all of WDW.

Cinderella's Castle, Spaceship Earth, and this. New icon.

Reactions: Mike S
Elsewhere, Martin is saying that Alcatraz (aka the "Battle Escape" ride) most resembles Transformers.

Now I'm getting worried. The Falcon ride is going to have the simulator bases covered; I would hope Alcatraz would be more ambitious.

I thought that was the consensus for the while, as it sounds like Alcatraz will have to incorporate a multi-level ride system to accomodate itself.

Reactions: belloq87
Battle Escape was always described as a Spider-Man/Transformers type ride, but without 3D... And (hopefully) any screen elements will mainly be used for views of space outside of large hangar doors and windows, not for major action pieces. I can see projection mapping being used to heighten reality as well, like Na'vi River Journey's incredible foreground effects. Without 3D glasses I don't think they'll be putting all the action on screens like Transformers (or more accurately Ratatouille, since the RV will be more like that.)

Battle Escape was always described as a Spider-Man/Transformers type ride, but without 3D... And (hopefully) any screen elements will mainly be used for views of space outside of large hangar doors and windows, not for major action pieces. I can see projection mapping being used to heighten reality as well, like Na'vi River Journey's incredible foreground effects. Without 3D glasses I don't think they'll be putting all the action on screens like Transformers (or more accurately Ratatouille, since the RV will be more like that.)
The way it should be

I think it will be like Shanghai Pirates, but with Star Wars...and not in a boat

I thought that was the consensus for the while, as it sounds like Alcatraz will have to incorporate a multi-level ride system to accomodate itself.

If he was just talking about this one element, then that makes sense, sure.

Hopefully you're correct!