Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios) | Page 173 | Inside Universal Forums

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
As for throughput. If there are 7 sections, one is everyone get in and seated, 2 is everyone get settled, strapped in, and a quick safety chat (this section, done poorly, also brings you totally out of the whole experience, which I also think people are way too overexcited about). The next 4 are the ride, where the pod is constantly moving up to the final spot, the unload. Each section is going to be at least 45 seconds
That's 80 6 person loads, or 480 per pod. And I'd assume that is the MAX, and could see each pod being closer to 400 on average.

Reactions: Mad Dog
As for throughput. If there are 7 sections, one is everyone get in and seated, 2 is everyone get settled, strapped in, and a quick safety chat (this section, done poorly, also brings you totally out of the whole experience, which I also think people are way too overexcited about). The next 4 are the ride, where the pod is constantly moving up to the final spot, the unload. Each section is going to be at least 45 seconds
That's 80 6 person loads, or 480 per pod. And I'd assume that is the MAX, and could see each pod being closer to 400 on average.
and those are basically the numbers that Magic Insiders have been speculating for the past year or so. Seems like you are probably close to what the actual operational capacity maximum (apx. 1500 total of all four) will be, if everything goes smoothly. :thumbsup:

As a lover of all types of high quality souvenir cups like Trader Sam's or at the Jock Lindsey's Hanger Bar, I couldn't help but get excited the second I saw drinks in "unique vessels."

Odd that the STours pilot is now the DJ. Is that so can re-use previous animatronic / design?

Will be / would be great if those costumed characters are at at the DHS bar as shown in the concept art - great CM job to have!

Ok, so no Cantina Band, but we get DJ Capt. Rex? A la Sonny Eclipse?

"This is not the Cantina you're looking for."

Were not the initial rumors that the table service restaurant was going to have a cantina aesthetic, complete with the band? I seem to recall discussion about how that would obviously make it a big draw, and would be a hard-to-get reservation. Or maybe I'm incorrect.

Either way, to not have a version of the more traditional cantina (acknowledging that the land is not set on Tatooine, so it shouldn't be the exact same cantina) with the band seems like a gigantic missed opportunity.

Ok, so no Cantina Band, but we get DJ Capt. Rex? A la Sonny Eclipse?

"This is not the Cantina you're looking for."

My thoughts exactly. Talk about a downgrade compared to what I was originally thinking. Granted it would be probably be difficult to have a full AA Cantina band. It could end up looking like a space version of chuckee cheese.

I think the key to this place will be good drinks, strange collectible mugs/glasses , walk around characters that don’t/won’t pose for pictures (this is a big one) , and interactive elements like Trader Sams.

This will make the bar extremely hard to get into. I’m expecting lines similar to those at trader Sam’s, and the popular potter shops.

Reactions: ProColor and Ryno27
Were not the initial rumors that the table service restaurant was going to have a cantina aesthetic, complete with the band? I seem to recall discussion about how that would obviously make it a big draw, and would be a hard-to-get reservation. Or maybe I'm incorrect.

I've heard a table-service restaurant with "a show"--implied more Jedi Medieval Times than a band, tho not sure anyone really knows.

My thoughts exactly. Talk about a downgrade compared to what I was originally thinking. Granted it would be probably be difficult to have a full AA Cantina band. It could end up looking like a space version of chuckee cheese.

I think the key to this place will be good drinks, strange collectible mugs/glasses , walk around characters that don’t/won’t pose for pictures (this is a big one) , and interactive elements like Trader Sams.

This will make the bar extremely hard to get into. I’m expecting lines similar to those at trader Sam’s, and the popular potter shops.

I truly hope they design the space with a lot of nook and crannies to hide that it's a big space to accommodate the crowds. Also, they better not run out of any cups! If there's a trader sam's like scarcity and having things sell out early I'll be really disappointed by their bean counters.

What I'm trying to say is I want my cup purchase to be fulfilling. :rimshot:

Oh we can get into how they shoulda built a Tatooine/Hoth hybrid land instead of making up a new one if you want. I think they may be leaning into the new trilogy of films a little too heavily here personally.
Yeah, that's my only thing with this land. Most of it revolves around the new trilogy and even if they end the saga here (which many suggest they will and Disney wants to), they have two other trilogies in the works and they have the original trilogy that Disney sort of wants to milk, but also make you forget about at the same time.

I do hope they use the expansion plot someday... it's fairly sizeable. I'm not sure the land will fully feel "whole" until they utilize the other side of the land. Obviously i'm talking about the Purple Plot. (Credit to TP2000 on WDWM for the image):
LGDtoY9.jpg

So this is in addition to the table service restaurant and the quick service restaurant? Or is this the QS location?
Oga’s is a Table Service w/ a small Quick Service as well. The main Quick Service is between Battle Escape and Millennium Falcon... supposedly it's called Podracer Grill.

Last edited: