Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios) | Page 179 | Inside Universal Forums

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Speculation, based on the new ticket pricing and availability dates, pegs the grand opening date on Dec 16, 2019. FWIW. Although they have until the 21st to hit the "Fall 2019" date. The episode 9 film's release date is Dec 20th.

Wasn't there a rumor by WDWNT that it may be very well after the 16th..?

Is this suggesting that GE is way behind schedule or is it pretty much the opening date that people expected?

Around when expected.
I had heard from the beginning that it would not open before Thanksgiving. So this is well within that time frame.

Also I am pretty sure MMRR will not make the rumored Aug. date and is being pushed to "Fall"

And I'm hearing Potter most likely won't hit the late May date penciled in for it.

Yesterday was my first time in Toy Story Land in the daytime so I got a few shots of Star Wars. It's really starting to come together. Big photo dump here: Disney’s Hollywood Studios Construction Update – Star Wars, Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway, Skyliner and More – Orlando ParkStop

Some highlights:

DSC00366.jpg

DSC00371.jpg

DSC00367.jpg

DSC00365.jpg

DSC00362.jpg

DSC00361.jpg
Even though it wouldn’t be the perfect idea for total immersion, I still think it was a missed opportunity not having a giant Star Wars playset box as the entrance from TSL.

Even though it wouldn’t be the perfect idea for total immersion, I still think it was a missed opportunity not having a giant Star Wars playset box as the entrance from TSL.
I’m hoping the cave gets built. More of that needs to be blocked from view if you ask me. The trees on the berm on the right and left are good. It’s just over the CM gate that needs to be blocked now.

I really don't understand Disney's rationale for wanting the land to open at the height of the holiday season when the parks are already unmanageable due to crowds. Seems like a recipe for a total disaster to me.

An early December opening, in the "dead period" between Thanksgiving and Christmas would seem to be a much more logical choice to me.

I really don't understand Disney's rationale for wanting the land to open at the height of the holiday season when the parks are already unmanageable due to crowds. Seems like a recipe for a total disaster to me.

An early December opening, in the "dead period" between Thanksgiving and Christmas would seem to be a much more logical choice to me.

Or, or, or...Disney finds a way to chastise it's own ego, and delay the opening for a late January launch.

Reactions: therock and Alicia

Because originally Bob was going to retire at the end of 2019 and they tried to fit it al in before that.

Reactions: HPFred
It's nice to see you give some love to the other massive construction project in Orlando. :)
I’ve been trying to do park updates for Epcot and Hollywood Studios at least every other month, but it’s hard to convince myself to actually visit this park. It’s just such a mess right now. If you saw my post, the first dozen photos are just about how much of a pain in the butt it is to get through the park gate from your car.

When all this construction is done, the park will be much better for it, but until more rides open after Star Wars, DHS will still be uncomfortable to visit for awhile, unfortunately.