Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios) | Page 245 | Inside Universal Forums

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Disagree, technically gift shops aren't attractions either, unless they are in themed to Harry Potter.

Add the fact that Disneyland doesn't allow alcohol anywhere else in the park, and drinks cannot be taken outside, and you have a much larger capacity problem.

I'm assuming you will be able to leave with your drinks in Orlando. thankfully.
I doubt it. Its probably like Be Our Guest where booze must be consumed inside.

I would consider Golden/Diamond Horseshoe an attraction when they have shows playing inside. Not saying that the cantina will have that, but if they do have some elements where a show happens periodically (Twi'lek dancers anyone?) I could consider it an attraction.

But it WILL have an animatron, a very popular old character. All special drinks (and the only place in DL selling alcohol, which I hadn't even thought of), plus very unique design. ABSOLUTELY an attraction.

One thing I've been curious about regarding the cantina is if their drinks will come with special mugs a la Trader Sam's, but I haven't seen anything outside of the original story on the official blog saying the drinks are made "with exotic ingredients using “otherworldly” methods, served in unique vessels."

If they're decent quality, I'm going to need more shelves to display my cantina conquests.

One thing I've been curious about regarding the cantina is if their drinks will come with special mugs a la Trader Sam's, but I haven't seen anything outside of the original story on the official blog saying the drinks are made "with exotic ingredients using “otherworldly” methods, served in unique vessels."

If they're decent quality, I'm going to need more shelves to display my cantina conquests.
I think they’re using weird-shaped glasses, but from everything I’ve heard, you don’t get to keep them. The Trader Sams souvenir glasses are usually ceramic if I’m not mistaken. I’d love to see Oga’s offer at least one like that we could keep myself. Maybe some day.

I think they’re using weird-shaped glasses, but from everything I’ve heard, you don’t get to keep them. The Trader Sams souvenir glasses are usually ceramic if I’m not mistaken. I’d love to see Oga’s offer at least one like that we could keep myself. Maybe some day.
They’d be losing on a lot of money if they don’t offer souvenir glasses at Oga’s.

They’d be losing on a lot of money if they don’t offer souvenir glasses at Oga’s.

Aww boo. I figured the cantina was a perfect excuse to overcharge for drink by letting people keep the cups (or at least give the option to), but given the focus on turnover they may not do it as a way to reduce turnover time. I'll go drown my sorrows in a mug from some other place.

I hope they do but haven’t seen anything yet. I don’t think Ogas will be an attraction (*glare*) but this will be super cool. I can’t wait to see it. Wonder how they’ll handle credit cards a la the wizarding world.

Reactions: Alicia
Aww boo. I figured the cantina was a perfect excuse to overcharge for drink by letting people keep the cups (or at least give the option to), but given the focus on turnover they may not do it as a way to reduce turnover time. I'll go drown my sorrows in a mug from some other place.
It could just be something they haven't announced yet, but given that they've released every other detail about everything you can spend money on the land, (down to individual popcorn flavors,) my guess is that's a no on souvenir glasses. At least for now. I'm sure people will be asking for it, and Disney does like money, so maybe later.

I hope they do but haven’t seen anything yet. I don’t think Ogas will be an attraction (*glare*) but this will be super cool. I can’t wait to see it. Wonder how they’ll handle credit cards a la the wizarding world.

"We accept your Milky Way Credit cards here"*

*Sponsored by Visa-It's in Every Galaxy You Want to Be

Just a theory, but I know Star Wars tiki mugs have become somewhat of a decent-sized industry (I coveted that Falcon bowl they had at Celebration this year). I wonder if there is some sort of exclusivity clause that needs to expire before Disney can make their own. Otherwise, as has been said, leaving obvious money on the table, which is not the Rat's style.

Of course I'd really flip out, even order a Fuzzy Tauntaun, if it came in a 1980s-style Burger King glass.

Supposedly ROTR’s WiFi problem has been fixed and the team is moving into test and adjust. Some are claiming Disneyland is September and Walt Disney World is December. I don’t fully buy the latter. With the shift of labor to focusing on Galaxy’s Edge, I’m guessing mid to late October for WDW.
What was the issue with wifi?

Reactions: therock