Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios) | Page 247 | Inside Universal Forums

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
the idea that you have to build a light saber is stupid in the first place. Lightsabers aren't the preferred weapon of 99% of the people in the SW universe. I'd be much more interested in building a blaster.

I mean I get that a lot of the people that visit want to be a Jedi, but it doesnt make sense story wise.

Olivanders "makes sense" because its part of the story. We've never seen a Jedi visit a "light saber" store in any of the films. (I haven't seen all of the cartoons, so possibly I'm missing something)

That's going to be a LOT of elevators. Assuming the elevators are a show scene too, you would need double the elevators as cars, just like Transformers. I think the rumor is 3 cars per pack. Meaning they have 12 elevators? Holy maintenance nightmare, Batman.
Ive only heard 2 cars go into a scene so there's two elevators up, and then two down (disguised as escape pods)

There would have to be 4 up and 4 down, for timing to work out. Two of each would be returning to receive more cars.
No necessarily depends on how far space out it is. Think of the drop shafts in ToT. Or Transformers. 4 elevators would be fine in that case.

No necessarily depends on how far space out it is. Think of the drop shafts in ToT. Or Transformers. 4 elevators would be fine in that case.

They both have to be timed the same as all other scenes, since another set of vehicles will be coming in X seconds. X likely being less than 30. Unless the elevator scene is only half X, and there is some show after it. No way that will be the case with the ending. Especially with the crazy rumors people have built it up to being, if anything, I could see that section being 2X long, meaning there would have to then be 8 down elevators.

Perhaps the up elevators are really fast, but seeing as how the cars must park perfectly to initialize the locking sequence, THEN the elevator can move, I see no way there will 2 up elevators, each holding one car.

Unless that is the big issue with the design, meaning they should have hired me, instead of the engineers they currently have.

Reactions: natespf
They both have to be timed the same as all other scenes, since another set of vehicles will be coming in X seconds. X likely being less than 30. Unless the elevator scene is only half X, and there is some show after it. No way that will be the case with the ending. Especially with the crazy rumors people have built it up to being, if anything, I could see that section being 2X long, meaning there would have to then be 8 down elevators.

Perhaps the up elevators are really fast, but seeing as how the cars must park perfectly to initialize the locking sequence, THEN the elevator can move, I see no way there will 2 up elevators, each holding one car.

Unless that is the big issue with the design, meaning they should have hired me, instead of the engineers they currently have.
:eek:O:

The way I've seen it, is that they are looking to it, albeit similar to the backwards drop of Pirates Shanghai in a sense, that if they are backed up in any way; they can prepare for that via the usage of transitional sequences in-between set pieces.

In Shanghai, after you turn into the right sided ship, it would potentially back up in a hallway like sequence, where you can see the action of the battle still going on over head.

Though, if the scene continues without the hold, it'd play the same as the vehicle moves slightly slower.

Last edited:
Wonder if both cars are together then. Transformers has two pairs of elevators for this very reason. I would assume there are times it runs at essentially half speed, if one of the elevators is broke down.

Disney's released the complete suite of music that John Williams wrote for the land...

I'm not in love with the main theme (it's very closely related to Williams' main theme from SOLO last year), but the orchestration is top-notch, and the myriad orchestral flourishes and fanfares (so many fanfares!) give it a lot of personality.

Outside of Jaws, pretty much anything Williams writes is a treat to listen to, but I think my overall enjoyment of this will depend on how it is used in the land.

If this is the main entrance music, then I’m on board; it sounds adventurous, but restrained, which I think is smart considering that we’ll be looking at a static (albeit very grand) vista upon exiting the tunnel. Too much going on in the music could make it feel melodramatic, which does not seem to be the goal here.

If this is for one of the rides or shows, though, then I don’t think it’s melodramatic enough.

So it’s anywhere from fine to perfect in my book.

There's been some great points about public perceptions. Though it could be good to double-dip with the news, start out with the coaster info which some may brush off but then move on to talk about the brand-new innovative themed ride.