Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios) | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Where are you getting this info? The press release didn't really make it seem like we were getting a coaster, and the concept art sure didn't
Ride systems weren't specified, only that a Millennium Falcon ride and battle ride would be in the land. The site that shall not be named reported the land would have a trackless ride.

Just read the official announcement at D23. The only thing I'm confused about is this so called attraction that "puts you in the middle of a battle between the First Order and the Resistance". What does that mean? Is that referring to the new movie? I'm pretty sure it's the "Rebel alliance and the Empire"

I think that all of us should back up and realize how that concept art is marked and clarified; ARTIST CONCEPT ONLY. That is such a noncommittal addendum and I do not believe I have ever seen artwork released by a park with such a statement before.
That's what all concept art is. This one makes a point to state it, but that doesn't make it different from any other theme park concept art released by anyone.

Reactions: rioriz
Just read the official announcement at D23. The only thing I'm confused about is this so called attraction that "puts you in the middle of a battle between the First Order and the Resistance". What does that mean? Is that referring to the new movie? I'm pretty sure it's the "Rebel alliance and the Empire"

Yes, it is referring to the new movie.

Reactions: Tucker

Someone hasn't been following along...lol.
These attractions will be based on the new movies. Which is a smart plan in my opinion. Star tours already gives us a "greatest hits" of the old movies. Glad they aren't doing just Mos Eisley , Endor, or Dagobah. The new "planet" spaceport seems like a good way to combine everything Star Wars without any nerds calling foul.

How does star tours factor into this? Is it just going to be changed over into one of the two new rides?

Chewie, we're home! This looks outstanding! I envision the blue milk to tasting somewhat like a frozen blue
piña colada. Or maybe I'm just an alcoholic who wants more rum in things.

Reactions: Jon84
More actual thoughts:

Basically it's a Star Wars version of Diagon Alley, which is great. 2 rides, a crap ton of theming, and shops/restaurants. I need to hear more about the rides, but all in all easily the most exciting thing to come out of Disney in a long time

If the millennium falcon and other ride is amazing, the theming and shops are unbelievable and everything goes into plan.....diagon is gonna have a run for its money. Something I NEVER thought I'd say

If the millennium falcon and other ride is amazing, the theming and shops are unbelievable and everything goes into plan.....diagon is gonna have a run for its money. Something I NEVER thought I'd say

I don't like to throw fuel on those that fan the park war flames. Star Wars is going to be incredible, but I think without WWoHP we may not have seen this level of immersion in the Stat Wars Land. Diagon isn't going to be given a run for its money because it will still stand as it is a great immersive experience. Star Wars Land can't take that away from it. Both Disney and Universal push each other to be better, and we are the ones who benefit in the end.