Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios)

AWESOMENESS. Though, I'll make it clear for future references that I'm not a big Star Wars fan, just seeing the concept art for this is mind blowing. FOURTEEN acres. I think Diagon sits on half that, but I'm not sure. Either way, this is the best news Disney has announced for anything Disney in yearssssssss!!!!!!!!!

ARTIST CONCEPT ONLY! Don't wet your depends just yet.

Indeed. I immediately found the art...off. The scale struck me as incredibly out of place for both DHS and Disneyland. I'm excited, but based on the little bit of info we got today (and that it's still like 5 years away), I'm nowhere near ready to shout from the roof tops about this.

It would be interesting to see a gallery of Disney concept arts compared to the finished product posted here. Not me, it's too late @night.
Here's a recent comparison (although this is a model versus actual land):

model5.jpg

prince-erics-palace.jpg

ARTIST CONCEPT ONLY! Don't wet your depends just yet.
Sorry Teebs but just let us Chew on this bone for a bit before you pull it away

Just like Diagon didn't have a train actually coming from the woods into the station we can always expect some artistic licensing to take place...usually when this stuff us drawn up the artist have a general idea of what will be included.

Competition is good for consumers! Disney finally responding to the Universal/Comcast juggernaut.

Unbelievably psyched for this.
They should've been planning/greenlit a response 8 years ago when WWoHP was announced, but I digress....

Also, Star Wars is taking up 14 acres, TS Land 11 acres. Still looks like there should be an opening in the corner where LMA is for an eventual expansion of either sci-fi/pixar properties for another small land. Best transition property to go from Star Wars to Toy Story easily is The Incredibles... would mash up both Pixar and sci-fi perfectly.

And of course they'll need to do something with everything from Jack Sparrow on over to Animation (I assume SW Launch Bay will take up a part of animation in short term). Hopefully this is just the beginning of the announcements for DHS (don't forget there's the BatB rumor too about it leaving)

Last edited:
^ Neither of those pieces are marked with ARTIST CONCEPT ONLY. Big difference.
OK, so the place may look like crap and the rides may suck, we get it. But for now, i'm gonna be positive and happy it's finally announced.

I do wonder on the placement of the land... I really hope the extend into the parking lot over going down and taking over SoA and down to LMA. Wastes a lot of space for future Pixar (or other) expansions.

^ Why do you take it upon yourself to constantly misstate someone else's posts here? I never said the words crap and suck. I was being practical with the fact that Disney is apparently not ready to commit to what extent they will build. I would be equally cautious if Universal posted artwork so marked.

What is wrong with you?

The description of the second attraction leaves it open to pretty much anything they want. That makes me nervous

So this Season of the Force thing is basically just another Frozen Summer Fun type party. They'll put in a bunch of temporary meet and greets and dance parties with matching cupcakes in hopes that no one will notice there's nothing to do in the park. Is that right?

^ Why do you take it upon yourself to constantly misstate someone else's posts here? I never said the words crap and suck. I was being practical with the fact that Disney is apparently not ready to commit to what extent they will build. I would be equally cautious if Universal posted artwork so marked.

What is wrong with you?
I'm not dumb, I know you didn't say that and I knew you would have this type of reaction too (as you do whenever someone slightly misquotes you). I'm pretty sure you're the only person that thinks I "constantly misstate someone else's posts". I didn't misstake. your post. I know exactly what you said, but you definitely seemed to imply a negative attitude.

I honestly don't know why you're being so hostile, especially about a theme park land?

My favorite quote from the Star Wars announcement was "Well we're still working on the detail of the designs, but the renderings you're seeing today... they should give you a very good sense of the level of immersion...." . Meaning "we don't have any plans finalized yet but we had some artist draw these so we had something to show you even though this isn't what you're getting." I think it's safe to say this will have an Avatar timeline, 5+ years away.

Check out the quote at 6:27 on the video

My favorite quote from the Star Wars announcement was "Well we're still working on the detail of the designs, but the renderings you're seeing today... they should give you a very good sense of the level of immersion...." . Meaning "we don't have any plans finalized yet but we had some artist draw these so we had something to show you even though this isn't what you're getting." I think it's safe to say this will have an Avatar timeline, 5+ years away.
I think that's probably pretty accurate.