Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios) | Page 301 | Inside Universal Forums

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The blue looks fine in person cause only the spires and rockwork in the background appear blue from the ground. Foreground stuff and pathways are lit normally. It makes the spires visible but in an unobtrusive way.

Disney Dish reports from Jim (pinch of salt) that the Docking Bay name changes is due to low sales at that location and Ronto Roasters. They realized that the change was “a wash”. If true there are some major issues in this land.
This was my guess, but when I said "sales were low" on Twitter I was attacked.

I ate there at dinner time on my vacation a couple weeks ago and it was dead, absolutely NO ONE in line ahead of us. Compare that to when I dine at Leaky Cauldron or Satuli Canteen and they seat with me with another family or outside due to lack of available tables and I'd say it's not doing as well as it could be... ESPECIALLY for a brand new billion dollar land.

This was my guess, but when I said "sales were low" on Twitter I was attacked.

I ate there at dinner time on my vacation a couple weeks ago and it was dead, absolutely NO ONE in line ahead of us. Compare that to when I dine at Leaky Cauldron or Satuli Canteen and they seat with me with another family or outside due to lack of available tables and I'd say it's not doing as well as it could be... ESPECIALLY for a brand new billion dollar land.

Beyond Leaky and Satuli, even Woody's Lunchbox in TSL seemed really busy when I was there (no tables, solid queue for food) -- are the Star Wars locations doing less business than that?! The story of Galaxy's Edge truly is a strange one.

Same, I wish they would have gotten Lucasfilm too though

Star Wars will never feel Disney to me
Omg ya I wish they got Lucas films. I personally love TFA and Rogue One. Not a fan of TLJ, and didn’t like at all Solo. Rise of Skywalker will say a lot for me.

That being said, I’m hyped for Knights of the Old Republic series.

I’m excited to experience SWGE myself but I’m just worried it won’t “feel” like Stat Wars. I love Star Wars as much as Potter so I hope the theme park gives me the same feels.

Beyond Leaky and Satuli, even Woody's Lunchbox in TSL seemed really busy when I was there (no tables, solid queue for food) -- are the Star Wars locations doing less business than that?! The story of Galaxy's Edge truly is a strange one.
Very strange. Is the land really viewed by the public as “worse” than Avatar?

Woody’s is too small for the high demand of that area. And it’s not that unusual to me that tourists may prefer a basic sandwich and tater tots over space ribs with red cabbage stuff. Then again, Satuli Canteen does pretty well with their space food. Even Harambe Market does well, and that’s kinda out there as far as flavors go.

The story of Galaxy's Edge truly is a strange one.

Here's the thing: it's not doing poorly, there are people there buying things. A lot of them! Disney and Disney fans just put so high of expectations on this land that short of shutting down the parks for months in a row would live up to the hype and internal projections. It's like expecting your 3.0 GPA student to get 1600 on the SATs (note I forget what the max SAT score is now, is it 2400?)

That's not what I've seen from guests, IMHO out of the hyperreal lands based on one property Pandora is the weakest.

That's not what I've seen from guests, IMHO out of the hyperreal lands based on one property Pandora is the weakest.

We’re not including TSL in this, right? Because that would be my worst if so. Pandora feels to me like the rest of Animal Kingdom: what’s there is beautiful and stunning, but I wish there was more going on somehow.

Ironically, the criticism of Galaxy’s Edge feeling lifeless is how I feel about Pandora. It feels weird to walk through an alien jungle and not see any animals, especially because Flight of Passage shows you that there’s tons of species all over the place.

Maybe it would feel different in another park, but Animal Kingdom has so many animals everywhere else that you can feel the energy drop walking into the land, which is supposed to feel twice as energized as anywhere on earth.

Last edited:
No way, I think they are viewed differently.

Avatar gets a bump by the GP because it has one of the very few and best E-tickets at the park IMO. Without FOP it would be a flop

Star Wars is about the experience and a bit more iconic, the GP likes it without the E-ticket.

Reactions: Andysol