Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios) | Page 68 | Inside Universal Forums

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Since Disney just announced they have Star Wars films planned out to 2030 wouldn't this land technically get outdated a lot faster in keeping up with all the new films etc.

Since Disney just announced they have Star Wars films planned out to 2030 wouldn't this land technically get outdated a lot faster in keeping up with all the new films etc.
Disney has expansion plans far into the future for the land. It won't be immediate, but they have an expansion pad inside the land and it's already been brought up that a far down the line plan includes TSL being taken over by SWL. Muppets could theoretically be taken over as well, but TSL is a much larger plot of land.

Couldn't the same exact thing be said about Potter by that logic though? As stated, the lands are timeless.

Disney has expansion plans far into the future for the land. It won't be immediate, but they have an expansion pad inside the land and it's already been brought up that a far down the line plan includes TSL being taken over by SWL. Muppets could theoretically be taken over as well, but TSL is a much larger plot of land.

Couldn't the same exact thing be said about Potter by that logic though? As stated, the lands are timeless.

So they are building just to tear it down for TSL to be tore down for Star Wars. Sounds like a great business plan.

No the issue coming around is the more films the more divisive, the more they will need to add and it may make the land over convoluted which will date it fast. The old trilogy, the prequel, the New trilogy, all the films in between is just way too much.

So they are building just to tear it down for TSL to be tore down for Star Wars. Sounds like a great business plan.

No the issue coming around is the more films the more divisive, the more they will need to add and it may make the land over convoluted which will date it fast. The old trilogy, the prequel, the New trilogy, all the films in between is just way too much.
We're talking 15-20 years from now.

Reactions: jtsalien
When you look at the first picture with SWL butting up right next to Muppets and with Star Tours and the Jedi Academy after I am amazed Disney didn't just remove Muppets and link that whole section together

Reactions: mcusi
Noooo.... the TSL expansion wasn't said by me.
Maybe it was Feather or Butler, but i'm fairly certain you at least commented on the situation.

Either way, the point is this is nothing that would develop quickly, if ever.

Why haven't they demolished that last section from the Streets of New York? Seems odd that it's still standing.
Afaik it is staying with a bit of refurb as part of the muppets area that leads into the entrance way to SWL
Yup, staying to hide the Sci-Fi building and keep generic theming on that side leading into SWL. It's no longer themed to specifically to NYC and last I knew will actually be more in the vein of Old Hollywood than NY. Notice in the aerials that the faux Subway entrance has been removed.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mike S and Alicia
Maybe it was Feather or Butler, but i'm fairly certain you at least commented on the situation.

Either way, the point is this is nothing that would develop quickly, if ever.

Yup, staying to hide the Sci-Fi building and keep generic theming on that side leading into SWL. It's no longer themed to specifically to NYC and last I knew will actually be more in the vein of Old Hollywood than NY. Notice in the aerials that the faux Subway entrance has been removed.
Yea, I noticed that the themed bulletin board inside PizzeRizzos has it actually located in Southern California. It's a NY themed Pizzeria, but in CA. That means currently all areas of the park are actually themed to be CA (or a Hollywood movie set.)

DHS has a more cohesive California theme than DCA. Well ain't that odd.

Yea, I noticed that the themed bulletin board inside PizzeRizzos has it actually located in Southern California. It's a NY themed Pizzeria, but in CA. That means currently all areas of the park are actually themed to be CA (or a Hollywood movie set.)
There is supposed to be a decent amount of work to the MuppetVision facade coming up as well that will change the theming of that building a bit as well to match it's surroundings. Also, the old side entrance from SOA into Muppets will be the only entrance into the land according to current rumors.

Reactions: Mike S
There is supposed to be a decent amount of work to the MuppetVision facade coming up as well that will change the theming of that building a bit as well to match it's surroundings. Also, the old side entrance from SOA into Muppets will be the only entrance into the land according to current rumors.
I can see that. Put a small courtyard with the side street to ABC Commissary on one side, the street to Star Tours on the other side, and then entrance to Sci-Fi Dine-In, (bring back Writer's Stop please please please,) entrance to Muppet land, and entrance to Star Wars all in one spot.

Reactions: Mike S and Joel