Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios) | Page 84 | Inside Universal Forums

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
TPI has been around for over 15 years, so I would think their demographic may skew a little older than some other theme park sites. Generally the Disney stuff out polls Universal in their surveys. And in their posts on various subjects it's almost all Disney fans with a small smattering of Universal oriented responses. ...With that background, these results surprised me too, at least the early poll results. It also surprised me how poorly the comic book IP's are doing. I didn't think they'd be #1 or #2, but those numbers are pathetic.
Certainly interesting numbers!

The comic book thing doesn't seem to wear off at the Box Office, disappointing for that area.

It's worth pointing out that most of the Marvel movies take place on a version of our contemporary Earth with some slightly futuristic touches. The environments depicted - outside of perhaps the THOR and GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY movies - don't particularly lend themselves to distinct aesthetics that would translate to unique hotels in the same way that Potter and Star Wars absolutely do. Avengers Tower is just not a terribly interesting place in and of itself.

Reactions: Mike S
Theme Park Insider started a poll this morning concerning what IP theme park hotel they would want to experience. TPI usually gets a pretty large participation on their surveys. But their readership is generally Disney oriented. As of 9:15 AM, here's the results:
* HP Hogwarts..............47%
* Star Wars....................29%
* Pirates of the Caribbean 9%
* Batcave (DC).................9%
* Marvel, Avengers Tower.6%
.....Good topic for discussion........:)
HP all the way its such a natural fit for a hotel
which again why i say Star wars does not adapt to a theme park setting near as well as HP does/did

Reactions: Mad Dog
HP all the way its such a natural fit for a hotel
which again why i say Star wars does not adapt to a theme park setting near as well as HP does/did
Looked at the survey about an hour ago and the percentages from this morning were still holding up. Darn good numbers for HP from a Disney fan oriented site.

Reactions: Coasted
I agree. They could even theme different wings to different planets. How cool would a properly themed tattoine room.
A cantina bar in the hotel would be money

My god if they theme the hotel to multiple planets, but have one generic planet for the lands..... :bang:

My god if they theme the hotel to multiple planets, but have one generic planet for the lands..... :bang:
The artwork indicates that this will essentially be a cruise ship in space. Your room will either face in towards the atrium where the pool and stuff is, or have a window out into space where I imagine you'll have something like the Hogwarts Express windows showing you traveling through hyperspace, maybe passing by a couple of the famous planet locales like Cloud City or something. The way this will probably work is that your cruise ship will travel to the Star Wars Land planet, "land" at the port, and then walk directly out of the hotel into Star Wars Land, enjoy your day there, walk back into your cruise ship, and then it takes off and takes you back home to your weird backwater planet of Earth.

Last edited:
I thought this thread was about the land and not a rumor about a hotel.
If you feel the conversation deserves it's own thread, you can always create one. Not trying to be rude, just saying.

Right now, updates are few and far between on the land and construction is slow. It's not that huge of a thread drift to be talking about a potential SW Hotel near DHS in the mean time.

I have a curious question, on SWL. How will they handle the enclosed environment aspect that Diagon has done so well? Odd's are, they will just build a large a^# berm on one side; and have the mountains go on another, but it's just something I'm curious on.

I have a curious question, on SWL. How will they handle the enclosed environment aspect that Diagon has done so well? Odd's are, they will just build a large a^# berm on one side; and have the mountains go on another, but it's just something I'm curious on.
The entrance along where SOA was will be very much like Diagon's main entrance where you won't be able to see in until you walk in and turn the corner. The entrance from TSL will be a tunnel and a berm off to the side (future expansion plot).

As for the whole "living environment" story element, here's a video that Trowbridge did a few years ago about the Story Engine technology that Disney is likely to use in SWL.

Reactions: belloq87 and Alicia
Looks like work for Big Bird is finally progressing - even if just a little bit.

Also, in the first picture a newly paved perimeter road is noticeable bottom left.

of note, Hasbro lost money due to Star Wars and Marvel declining sales. Which may mean IP fatigue of Star Wars.

Hasbro (HAS) Beats Q1 Earnings and Revenue Estimates in Q1 - Nasdaq.com
Rogue One - which people only went to see because it had the Star Wars name attached - did over $1B. Star Wars is at an all-time high in popularity. It's actually cool to like it now.

Star Wars sales may be down from when they were through the roof around the time of SW7, but I've yet to see any sign of fatigue.

Rogue One - which people only went to see because it had the Star Wars name attached - did over $1B. Star Wars is at an all-time high in popularity. It's actually cool to like it now.

Star Wars sales may be down from when they were through the roof around the time of SW7, but I've yet to see any sign of fatigue.

You forget there is more to star wars than just the films. You have the Clone Wars, The rebels tv show, etc which are to get kids into the series. Those were toy sales. Movie people may be watching yet not buying into anything outside of that..

Well, the hotel isn't being built at Disneyland. Since their version will also have the interactivity, it can't be limited to guests staying at the SW hotel.

Also, Spirit stated the SWL Hotel was also planned for Disneyland.

Last edited: