Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios) | Page 82 | Inside Universal Forums

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'm not sure how much I would trust that survey article. There have been surveys for things that don't end up happening, and even then the big question mark to me is the survey being done through SwagBucks (assuming that Sawgbucks is a typo, as sawgbucks.com is an empty landing page). I'm not aware of Disney doing park/resort surveys (especially one like that) through points sites like SwagBucks. What I have seen before are 3rd parties coming up with concepts like these and using sites like SwagBucks for surveys to then go to companies like Disney with a "proven" concept.

Could be legit, but I'm personally taking that with a huge grain of salt for the time being.
There was a rumor on Magic about a potential Star Wars Hotel.

Reactions: Coasted and Mad Dog
There was a rumor on Magic about a potential Star Wars Hotel.

That general rumor has been around since at least the moment the Lucas acquisition was announced, if not even before then. The survey is used as a way to lend credibility to the rumor, but I'm personally not buying it. I think a Star Wars hotel, or at least themed rooms at a resort is certainly a possibility. I just don't think this survey should give the rumor any more momentum.

Reactions: Mad Dog
It's cute Disney sells the stunt performance on the roofs and on the streets as something new. they did that in Frontier Land in 1985 when I was there, it was cute but is was a mayor congestion headache. I'm sure they learned about that like the flying tires thingy...

That general rumor has been around since at least the moment the Lucas acquisition was announced, if not even before then. The survey is used as a way to lend credibility to the rumor, but I'm personally not buying it. I think a Star Wars hotel, or at least themed rooms at a resort is certainly a possibility. I just don't think this survey should give the rumor any more momentum.
The rumor came from WDW1974 and it was specifically a boutique resort. This info fits the bill to a T.

Actually, now it makes me wonder if the interactive aspect is just for those staying at the hotel and according to Spirit, this is also a done deal as it is happening.

You mean, the role-play aspect? I would assume, that it would be with the guests as an optional way of experiencing the land, and that it's further enhanced for Hotel members who pay the 1K.

You mean, the role-play aspect? I would assume, that it would be with the guests as an optional way of experiencing the land, and that it's further enhanced for Hotel members who pay the 1K.

Makes me think different price points for level of interaction. Basic guests get nothing, those who pay a little extra get noticed, those who stay on WDW property get more, those who stay at Star Wars resort get a lot of attention.

Makes me think different price points for level of interaction. Basic guests get nothing, those who pay a little extra get noticed, those who stay on WDW property get more, those who stay at Star Wars resort get a lot of attention.

If that were the case, I highly doubt they'd pretend it's available to everyone in the panel. They said everyone will get a chance to pilot the Falcon, everyone can build a reputation. Not select guests, or high paying guests. Yes, they have different tours and dessert parties and what not. But even Disney's price gouging hasn't reached the individual day guests and their experience yet.

If that were the case, I highly doubt they'd pretend it's available to everyone in the panel. They said everyone will get a chance to pilot the Falcon, everyone can build a reputation. Not select guests, or high paying guests. Yes, they have different tours and dessert parties and what not. But even Disney's price gouging hasn't reached the individual day guests and their experience yet.
Everyone will get to pilot the falcon, but standard peasant guests will be limited to piloting this one
Star_Wars_Toys_008-1024x1024.jpg
;)

No different than wand magic being available to everyone but stipulation you have to have an interactive wand to actually participate. (so glad Universal hasn't gotten the idea of rental wands)Also you have to add in operations, Imagineering is the guys who come up with the ideas, operations is the one who actually have to implement them. As it was said early not everyone can get to experience everything like the wand show. So when it comes down especially now with these resort information, it seems to suggest a hierarchy.

Reactions: amityboattours
No different than wand magic being available to everyone but stipulation you have to have an interactive wand to actually participate. (so glad Universal hasn't gotten the idea of rental wands)Also you have to add in operations, Imagineering is the guys who come up with the ideas, operations is the one who actually have to implement them. There has to be a hierarchy.

Legends of Frontierland and Ghost Town Alive, aren't Upcharge. There is a difference between that and the Wands, and that would be, in a sense; upcharging the ENTIRE LAND.

Reactions: Mike S and jtsalien
On a serious note, instead of cumbersome lightsabers being this lands 'wands', I could genuinely see them selling something like the movie's jedi-communicators as a way of narrowing down the selected guests who want to be involved in any 'upsell' of character participation.

6254612.jpg

They're going to do it, aren't they?

They're going to sell us all razors.

No different than wand magic being available to everyone but stipulation you have to have an interactive wand to actually participate. (so glad Universal hasn't gotten the idea of rental wands)Also you have to add in operations, Imagineering is the guys who come up with the ideas, operations is the one who actually have to implement them. As it was said early not everyone can get to experience everything like the wand show. So when it comes down especially now with these resort information, it seems to suggest a hierarchy.
Legends of Frontierland and Ghost Town Alive, aren't Upcharge. There is a difference between that and the Wands, and that would be, in a sense; upcharging the ENTIRE LAND.

What Alex said, basically. You're just blindly speculating on top of it. Literally nothing has suggested any kind of hierarchy or up-charges yet. Sure a resort guest can reserve a Frozen pass 30 days before a local can, but the local can still ride Frozen. They won't exclude people from experiencing an entire land.

On a serious note, instead of cumbersome lightsabers being this lands 'wands', I could genuinely see them selling something like the movie's jedi-communicators as a way of narrowing down the selected guests who want to be involved in any 'upsell' of character participation.

View attachment 4104

They're going to do it, aren't they?

They're going to sell us all razors.

I know you are kidding, but I will say this about Lightsabers for the land.

What I expect to see, is that while the DIY Lightsabers will stay, they will be outside the land only. And, that there will be exclusive, high quality, lightsabers; that look more to near replicas of the original films, in better resources, and having RFID for unique opportunites to occur. That, I think is far more likely, than selling the Role-Play aspect of the land.

I know you are kidding, but I will say this about Lightsabers for the land.

What I expect to see, is that while the DIY Lightsabers will stay, they will be outside the land only. And, that there will be exclusive, high quality, lightsabers; that look more to near replicas of the original films, in better resources, and having RFID for unique opportunites to occur. That, I think is far more likely, than selling the Role-Play aspect of the land.

Lightsabres are the most obvious choice for an interactive item in a Star Wars land, especially with 'gun-like' blasters being seen as too sensitive for the mouse these days, but the bulkiness of a lightsabres compared to a wand still makes me think they'll choose something smaller, if they choose to go down this route.

It's mainly down to the practicality of how Universal's wands can fit in lockers or pockets when on attractions throughout the park, which a bulky lightsabre would struggle with.

Reactions: Frogki
Lightsabres are the most obvious choice for an interactive item in a Star Wars land, especially with 'gun-like' blasters being seen as too sensitive for the mouse these days, but the bulkiness of a lightsabres compared to a wand still makes me think they'll choose something smaller, if they choose to go down this route.

It's mainly down to the practicality of how Universal's wands can fit in lockers or pockets when on attractions throughout the park, which a bulky lightsabre would struggle with.

I honestly believe that they will do something similar with the DIY sabers, with them being able to retract a bit to make it easier to carry around and what-not. I think what we are going to see with SWL, is that while the Blasters will not have a large role (outside of the attractions), the Lightsabers will be given full clearance.

I'm also curious, because the land itself will be canon with the Universe, when this takes place; and more importantly, how will it connect.