Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios) | Page 7 | Inside Universal Forums

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
This is becoming a real "Dueling Banjos" competition between Universal & Disney. So much stuff coming in the next few years. Hardcore theme park fans will be overwhelmed, in a good way. Competition is good. :thumbsup:

This is becoming a real "Dueling Banjos" competition between Universal & Disney. So much stuff coming in the next few years. Hardcore theme park fans will be overwhelmed, in a good way. Competition is good. :thumbsup:

I wish Disney had a sense of urgency with any of this stuff, but at least Universal has enough stuff coming.

This is why d23 sometimes sucks. Disney desperately realizes they need things to put into their conferences and they just end up announcing something ridiculously early. People all over the world heard this announcement and died, when they find out it's not opening until more than half a decade they're gonna get mad lol

This is why d23 sometimes sucks. Disney desperately realizes they need things to put into their conferences and they just end up announcing something ridiculously early. People all over the world heard this announcement and died, when they find out it's not opening until more than half a decade they're gonna get mad lol

I mean, I get it. If they didn't announce this stuff this weekend, people were going to be pissed. But yea, the fact that they don't even have a timeline for when this is going to start at DHS is maddening.

Reactions: SeventyOne and Cole
I mean, I get it. If they didn't announce this stuff this weekend, people were going to be pissed. But yea, the fact that they don't even have a timeline for when this is going to start at DHS is maddening.
both you guys are right..i think they announced Star wars only because they would get crushed by the fans for their lack of investment
so it looks like Avatar 2.0 where you get an announcement way too ealry

both you guys are right..i think they announced Star wars only because they would get crushed by the fans for their lack of investment
so it looks like Avatar 2.0 where you get an announcement way too ealry

I think the timelines will be really similar. Announced about 6 years before it opens.

Honestly the timeline for Toy Story Land makes me more mad. That should already be well under construction but they've yet to start.

Why close all those attractions if you don't have a plan to start construction for another 2 years though? just doesn't make sense to me.

Reactions: cbconglom
I think the timelines will be really similar. Announced about 6 years before it opens.

Honestly the timeline for Toy Story Land makes me more mad. That should already be well under construction but they've yet to start.
agree
they ve closed a ton over there and there is no reason construction hasnt already started...wonder if they will wait for the new fiscal year to start
maybe 2018 for TSL
2021 for star wars

Why close all those attractions if you don't have a plan to start construction for another 2 years though? just doesn't make sense to me.

TO be fair, things haven't closed on the Star Wars side.

Also, it's to save money.

agree
they ve closed a ton over there and there is no reason construction hasnt already started...wonder if they will wait for the new fiscal year to start
maybe 2018 for TSL
2021 for star wars

I really hope they put the pedal to the metal and get Star Wars up by 2020. Sad that'd be "putting the pedal to the metal" for Disney, but yea.

And yea, I expect Toy Story to be the big 2018 addition.

And yea, I expect Toy Story to be the big 2018 addition.
Ya think? If anything, I expect Avatar to fall into 2018 and this to be open for summer 2017, when Toy Story 4 comes out.

It won't be hard to move those buildings at all once they actually get the go ahead to start.

Reactions: rioriz
Ya think? If anything, I expect Avatar to fall into 2018 and this to be open for summer 2017, when Toy Story 4 comes out.

It won't be hard to move those buildings at all once they actually get the go ahead to start.

I'd love for TSL to be open by 2017, but I'll believe it when I see it. They need to start ASAP.

when is this "expected" to be completed?

2020/2021

Reactions: IAmFloridaBorn
I'd love for TSL to be open by 2017, but I'll believe it when I see it. They need to start ASAP.
I mean, if they are to begin soon, they should have no problem getting it done. Move the facilities out of the way, clear the area and then it's clear sailing.

Once the land is ready to be built on, it should go up pretty quick.