Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios)

The point is, Bob is spinning something to make it sound good when it's actually cheap and about cost saving, not guest experience.

Exactly!

My only point was your initial post came across as condescending and dismissive of the hard working CMs. It is not their fault they are a major part of the story in the land... and we should celebrate that they are at least trying.

Now the lack of extra characters is an issue that I assume will slowly be addressed.

I understand Im a Universal lover at first cause thats where nostalgia is for me personally, but Im also no way a Disney hater as I frequent vacation there too. That being said, man Chapek couldn't possibly rub me more the wrong way and come off more disgenuine. Idk, I personally haven't been super impressed by the land itself from the vids I have seen (obviously not the same experience as in person!) and I mainly blame him for it. Budget cuts go through him mainly, correct? Happy to be corrected if I am wrong, but idk, he just doesn't seem to be the right person in charge for all of this imo. All of this is a business, but idk, he seems almost too business focused to my liking. Oh well.

My only point was your initial post came across as condescending and dismissive of the hard working CMs. It is not their fault they are a major part of the story in the land... and we should celebrate that they are at least trying.

Now the lack of extra characters is an issue that I assume will slowly be addressed.

My original post was sarcasm aimed at what Bob is shoveling.

it’s not the cast members fault. management chose to cut the Equality actors and the responsibility for carrying this lands entertainment fell on the cast members. They sold us Hyper immersion and instead we got a bunch of cast members saying bright suns and all that nonsense.

"When asked about the possibility of creatures and droids roaming the land, Chapek says Galaxy’s Edge will grow over time and add elements, but he also comments that it already has more characters than any other land because each Cast Member has their own backstory"

I don't want someone serving me food at Docking Bay 7 to have a 'backstory'

Yeah, to heck with the CM's who work hard to ensure we have amazing experiences. Keep your mouths shut and give me my blue milk. :thud:

I'll make it a point now to engage with these CM's who came up with fun backstories for themselves.

I find it vaguely insulting to tell Imagineering/Equity performers "See? Chad who came down here on his CP to party can do your job AND ring up schwarma!" But that's just me.

I find it vaguely insulting to tell Imagineering/Equity performers "See? Chad who came down here on his CP to party can do your job AND ring up schwarma!" But that's just me.

I don’t think anyone’s saying that. But the reality is it would be great if it was a mix of both, but the comment “I don’t want the person ringing my food up to have a backstory” comes across as condescending and reductive.

I don’t think anyone’s saying that. But the reality is it would be great if it was a mix of both, but the comment “I don’t want the person ringing my food up to have a backstory” comes across as condescending and reductive.
I want the person ringing up my food to have a backstory and three years of improv.

That's the difference. Pushing the idea that "every CM is a character," puts the same expectations of quality in performance on a CP as an Equity performer.

"Excuse me. Someone threw up over there."

*Janitor launches into a monologue about how a Resistance attack destroyed his family farm, forcing him into indentured servitude at Batuu when he couldn't pay back a loan to the gangster, Gelos--but he vows to take revenge against anyone loyal to the Resistance.*

"So, you're not going to clean up that vomit?"

*Janitor cleans up the vomit.*

Well, a tropical storm. And it shouldn't be too bad considering that it's already weak as it is.
I am expecting some strengthening after it passes Hispaniola. And it will most likely shut down MCO for at least 24 hours, because the airlines will want to stage their planes outside the impact area. If MCO shuts down, it will certainly impact the Grand Opening.

Article based on tweet response. Meanwhile multiple replies are from actual people that traveled with them as recently as the day earlier. Answering a question based on a photo on the internet isn’t the best. Take the lid off. Empty bottle. Bring on carry on. I doubt they’d not allow you. It’s an empty bottle shaped like a Xmas ornament.

Internet gotta internet

So, it looks like Grand Opening Weekend is going to be spoiled by a hurricane. I wonder how it will impact crowd levels?
Gives Disney an out if crowd levels turn out to be low and will be a good look for Disney if there ends up with actual big crowds in the middle of a Tropical Storm.

This is as much of a win-win for opening weekend as I think they could've hoped for. It relieves the stress in a lot of ways.

Article based on tweet response. Meanwhile multiple replies are from actual people that traveled with them as recently as the day earlier. Answering a question based on a photo on the internet isn’t the best. Take the lid off. Empty bottle. Bring on carry on. I doubt they’d not allow you. It’s an empty bottle shaped like a Xmas ornament.
TBH, i'd be ecstatic if this actually was true and Disney got rid of Coke from the land. I know that won't happen but we can dream.