Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios)

They have the same issue with seeing Thunder Mountain from the queue in DL. Disney did a really good job considering all the tall strictures they have. For comparison purposes let take a look at the sight lines from the middle of hodsmeade inUSH.
5zl7XwO.jpg
Yes it's pretty bad in hollywood, I guess that makes Diagon the outright winner of Absolutely NO SIGHTLINES PERIOD!

They always could re-theme slinky into Exogorth. But that would be a reference to the original Star Wars movie and wouldn't fit the time line. But it wouldn't be as bad as coca cola in a bomb ruining the theme. I'm glad Rowling chose Universal after 5 times being rejected by Disney.

They always could re-theme slinky into Exogorth. But that would be a reference to the original Star Wars movie and wouldn't fit the time line. But it wouldn't be as bad as coca cola in a bomb ruining the theme. I'm glad Rowling chose Universal after 5 times being rejected by Disney.

Did you not read the other comments?
You have to be in a very specific part of the queue and looking out a small section to even see this.

You can also see a giant show building behind Hogwarts.

Can we have a separate thread for all the constant doomsayers?

We get it, you don’t like Disney.

Dude, we get it. At least hold off until you actually step inside the land before you tell us how bad it is, though. Then you can go nuts.

DHS seems to have a decent sized crowd today, looking at the Touring Plans app. Almost all Fastpasses are gone at this point in time, which wasn't the case on Thursday & Friday when they remained available for most attractions well into the day.

DHS seems to have a decent sized crowd today, looking at the Touring Plans app. Almost all Fastpasses are gone at this point in time, which wasn't the case on Thursday & Friday when they remained available for most attractions well into the day.
On a quick glance right now, I can get fastpasses for two people to any ride in the park other than Slinky? I was actually considering heading over for my first visit of Galaxy's Edge since it seems so peaceful right now.

Star Tours: 10 Min
TSMM: 20 Min
RNRC: 25 Min
ToT: 25 Min
ASS: 40 Min
Slinky: 45 Min
MFSR: 90 Min

Last edited:
Orlando schools are in session so today is the first day many locals have had a chance to go.

Eh, still seems light here. Indiana Jones is normally standing room only this time of day and they’re only just over half full

Seems like DHS attendance hasn't increased but instead the land has better spread out the crowds. Which is insane as last year everyone thought the park would be slammed, but hey at least attendance didn't crater like at Disneyland!

I don’t understand the purpose of this thread I mean a hurricane is coming and you guys are still looking to see if some big crowds show up. The entire resort is pretty much empty so it’s nonsensical to even try to judge the land at this point in time.

Hot Take: The low crowds are more due to locals going back to school than anything with the Hurricane. It was predicted this would be a light week for months prior to the hurricane or Disney announcing this as the opening week.

I don’t understand the purpose of this thread I mean a hurricane is coming and you guys are still looking to see if some big crowds show up. The entire resort is pretty much empty so it’s nonsensical to even try to judge the land at this point in time.
I’ve been saying this as well but for whatever reason nobody believes this point. I live in Miami and everyone here is prepping for the hurricane. I have some family and friends that are doing the same in Orlando. Nobody here in the east coast cares about theme parks right now. People during hurricane season become crazy, scared, wild animals.

Hot Take: The low crowds are more due to locals going back to school than anything with the Hurricane. It was predicted this would be a light week for months prior to the hurricane or Disney announcing this as the opening week.
When has school ever stopped someone from visiting ?

Holidays and weekends do exist for those that want to visit during the school year plus the parks attract tourists from all over not just the locals.

Man, I thought I was out on this thread ... but finally tried Oga's Cantina today. The single worst experience I've ever had in an Orlando bar.

Surprisingly not the service--it was harried and rushed, but adequate. Instead the whole place is meh. There is nothing Star Wars in here, let alone anything resembling the iconic Mos Eisley Cantina. No aliens, no band. This is a generic bar themed to dystopian future or whatever. I defy you to show me one thing from the movies (so Rex doesn't count) that would distinguish this from a Blade Runner bar or a Battlestar Galactica bar.

Overcrowded--just wall-to-wall people. And the music is--oof. EDM remixes of Star Wars soundtrack songs. Which was cool ... back when Meco did it in 1977. It's not real "in-universe" atmosphere like the rest of Batuu (would a far-off bar really play a remix of the Ewok chant?). And it's not iconic enough by itself to justify its inclusion. It's just sort of annoying. The crowds and music and obscene drink prices made think I'd wandered into whatever Antigua/Club Paris/whatever it's called these days downtown.

Yeah, those prices: 4 drinks + 1 beer = $100 cash American. And I'll be honest, I was a stingy tipper because I don't give more than $2 for pulling a tap handle. Unlike the authentic tiki drinks at Grog Grotto or the craft cocktails coming to B&tB bar (with its 8 types of bitters), these were neon-colored 90s Pleasure Island drinks dressed up with special effects.

If you have a limited time in Orlando, skip this.

I will say today was feeling a bit busier, at least in SW Land. Looking around, clearly gold and silver APs finally getting into the park. But to me that show the huge issue Batuu faces: how do you sell people who can't justify an extra $20/month for Platinum to shell out $20 for a drink or a $50 plushie or a $200 for a lightsaber. Might--I emphasize might--do that once. But never going to be a regular thing, like say Dole Whip. Or a Voodoo donut or Butterbeer. With Star Wars fans not into theme parks shrugging their shoulders, there's not a long-term market for this. A pop-up bar would've killed during SW Weekends. Who's going to be in here drinking in late April?

When has school ever stopped someone from visiting ?

All the time, why do you think Xmas and Spring Break are always slammed? Enough with the goalpost moving and grasping at straws.

Last edited:
I never noticed intrusion, not even from upper level of Smugglers Run over MF through windows. You’d have the really be looking with a zoom lens.

Yeah, as I said I rode many times the other day - once through the main queue and twice through the FP queue (E-Stop and friend had a Disability pass he connected me to) - you can only see it out of the windowed area in either queue I believe and I never saw TSL from SR.

Personally I’d prefer it wasn’t able to be seen, but with how precise of a spot you have to be in to even have a chance of seeing it, it’s not an issue. Especially with how immersive the land is as a whole.

Not for anything but I noticed it too every time I was in the standby queue during previews, and the top of one of the Swolphin’s-although I don’t remember that one as vividly as watching Slinky Dog.

I wasn’t bothered by it (cause, well, for me anyway...Slinky Dog was funner than SR) though!