Star Wars Launch Bay | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Star Wars Launch Bay

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Also, it can't be said really anymore that Disney has simply closed stuff without replacement.

Idol = Frozen Sing-a-long
Animation = Launch Bay
Sparrow = Mickey Mouse M&G (pulling higher hourly capacity)
Sunset Showcase (Newly built) = Club Disney/Club Villain
AFI Showcase (Backlot gift shop/prop room) = Watto's Grotto
SS1 = Third TS Track (currently being built)

Plus, GMR and ST2.0 have both seen upgrades over the last year. The only thing that has closed and yet to see anything done with it is the actual Backlot Tour itself. So while the park may not be Disney's best representation by a long shot, I think we all make it out to be much worse than it actually is.

Also, it can't be said really anymore that Disney has simply closed stuff without replacement.

Animation = Launch Bay

Plus, GMR and ST2.0 have both seen upgrades over the last year. The only thing that has closed and yet to see anything done with it is the actual Backlot Tour itself. So while the park may not be Disney's best representation by a long shot, I think we all make it out to be much worse than it actually is.

That's all well and good, but it's still a pretty objectively terrible park. All of the attractions you've listed are barely attractions and are certainly not exemplary high quality additions.

DHS has Tower of Terror (in questionable condition), Great Movie Ride, Star Tours, Toy Story Mania (a C to D- ticket ride at best) and Rock'n'Roller Coaster (which I find a bore, but most don't). There just isn't enough must-do, ride-based content, and the shows are either dated or falling apart.

Reactions: tielo
There's a new Mickey meet & greet? I thought they just turned Sparrow into a recharging station with benches.

That's all well and good, but it's still a pretty objectively terrible park. All of the attractions you've listed are barely attractions and are certainly not exemplary high quality additions.

DHS has Tower of Terror (in questionable condition), Great Movie Ride, Star Tours, Toy Story Mania (a C to D- ticket ride at best) and Rock'n'Roller Coaster (which I find a bore, but most don't). There just isn't enough must-do, ride-based content, and the shows are either dated or falling apart.
I'm in no way saying DHS is a great park (or even really a measurably good park by most standards). I'm simply saying many complain that "everything is closing"... which really isn't true. Pretty much everything that has closed has been replaced in some way, shape or form and TSL and SWL are on the way.

Right now it certainly isn't pretty and the next few years will be rough, but once those new lands open up (and the rumored 3rd/4th phases), the park should much, much better shape. Most of the changes that have happened have been needed in order to move everything more towards the front while construction takes place in the back.

There's a new Mickey meet & greet? I thought they just turned Sparrow into a recharging station with benches.
Yeah, that changed a few months ago

I'm in no way saying DHS is a great park (or even really a measurably good park by most standards). I'm simply saying many complain that "everything is closing"... which really isn't true. Pretty much everything that has closed has been replaced in some way, shape or form and TSL and SWL are on the way.

Right now it certainly isn't pretty and the next few years will be rough, but once those new lands open up (and the rumored 3rd/4th phases), the park should much, much better shape. Most of the changes that have happened have been needed in order to move everything more towards the front while construction takes place in the back.

I mean... Most of the stuff you listed just opened, with many announced within the past 2 months. So for a while, it was pretty barren. I really don't see that "complaint" now....?

I don't get it...

I mean... Most of the stuff you listed just opened, with many announced within the past 2 months. So for a while, it was pretty barren. I really don't see that "complaint" now....?

I don't get it...
That's why I said "it can't be said anymore".

I don't know what else to say. It was just a random thought I had, I wasn't aiming it at anyone or anything, just a thought I had.

Animation = Launch Bay

I appreciate your positivity, but not one of those attractions seems appealing to me.

Forgive me for not feeling sorry for Disney for "fear of attracting too many people" without anything for them to do. Limit your admissions! If the park can't handle that many people, then don't let them in. Easy fix.

Reactions: Parkscope Joe
I appreciate your positivity, but not one of those attractions seems appealing to me.

Forgive me for not feeling sorry for Disney for "fear of attracting too many people" without anything for them to do. Limit your admissions! If the park can't handle that many people, then don't let them in. Easy fix.
I'm not saying they are E-tickets, nothing of the sort. These are all replacements, mostly A and B-tickets at most.

Again, I was simply thinking aloud. The park is an obvious heaping pile of manure, my only point was instead of usual Disney fashion of just abandoning things, they at least put in stop gaps for the time being.

I'm not saying they are E-tickets, nothing of the sort. These are all replacements, mostly A and B-tickets at most.

Again, I was simply thinking aloud. The park is an obvious heaping pile of manure, my only point was instead of usual Disney fashion of just abandoning things, they at least put in stop gaps for the time being.

Honestly Disney has been doing this a lot all over the place. The replaced Captain EO right away with something else. While not the best it was still better than before and will draw more crowds. They seem to actually be doing a few things different lately which is why I am a little optimistic about the rumors out there. Like the Mexico ride and adding AAs. Just little things here and there that show me they may be caring a tad bit more about guest satisfaction.

Don't forget the ending of the parade.

Disney is closing attractions and shows and replacing them with weaker, lower capacity experiences (or if all else shops and food.) DHS was fragile in 2008, and now it's completely broken.

Reactions: Mad Dog
Don't forget the ending of the parade.

Disney is closing attractions and shows and replacing them with weaker, lower capacity experiences (or if all else shops and food.) DHS was fragile in 2008, and now it's completely broken.
You are absolutely right and it shouldn't have taken them this long to get DHS' act together (start to I should say). But 2016 and 2017 should be the worst of it for DHS. After that things will start opening and the park will finally start to slowly transform.

I enjoy Star Wars, but this is overkill. This park was my favorite as a kid, but it has become the tackiest of all the Disney Parks. I'm telling you, next year will be a mess! It will stay that way until Star Wars Land opens, which will probably be unfinished when it does open.

I enjoy Star Wars, but this is overkill. This park was my favorite as a kid, but it has become the tackiest of all the Disney Parks. I'm telling you, next year will be a mess! It will stay that way until Star Wars Land opens, which will probably be unfinished when it does open.
Oh yeah, next year will be a world of hurt for DHS. And the year after and likely the year after that too...

I think things get a bit easier when TSL opens, but those attractions aren't too high of capacity, so you're right, it'll take until SWL for DHS to actually get back on it's feet. And that's just getting it on it's feet and making it a more respectable theme park. They still have a lot more work to get done with that park after SWL as far as i'm concerned.

General Star Wars question.....

What is the hype about?

I dont know much about the Franchise.
I'm afraid that's something that can't simply be explained. You'd need to watch the original trilogy to get why people are so pumped for a possible return to quality Star Wars content, especially after the prequel trilogy...

And not everyone excited for the movies are even Star Wars fans per say. The characters are classic and timeless, and that's undeniable.

General Star Wars question.....

What is the hype about?

I dont know much about the Franchise.

Ignoring the prequels....

Star Wars in 1977 really was unprecedented. Upon viewing now, many would probably scoff because of the CGI (and Lucas' additions since) but it really did change the shape of movie history and how they were made.

If you weren't brought (i.e. Parents introducing, or friends) into Star Wars, you probably won't get it.

Ignoring the prequels....

Star Wars in 1977 really was unprecedented. Upon viewing now, many would probably scoff because of the CGI (and Lucas' additions since) but it really did change the shape of movie history and how they were made.

If you weren't brought (i.e. Parents introducing, or friends) into Star Wars, you probably won't get it.
Ahh. Okay. Explains why so many middle aged people are stoked for this. Sounds like todays Harry Potter movement?
I look forward to the attractions though much like Potter. Never too late to gain a fan.

Ahh. Okay. Explains why so many middle aged people are stoked for this. Sounds like todays Harry Potter movement?
I look forward to the attractions though much like Potter. Never too late to gain a fan.

I gotta ask, and forgive me as I'm not trying to sound rude, but how do you not "know" Star Wars? :lol:

Not saying you should know the intricacies of the story and whatnot, just it's such a big, known franchise.

Reactions: Eckert
I gotta ask, and forgive me as I'm not trying to sound rude, but how do you not "know" Star Wars? :lol:

Not saying you should know the intricacies of the story and whatnot, just it's such a big, known franchise.
I know what it is, but I was born in 1990. So I just figured there had to be more behind the one or two movies i saw on VHS (Which I vaguely remember).

Like I've been around for all of the Furious Movies Toy Story, and All of the Harry Potter books franchises like that etc so I'm familiar with it.
I think with everything it's good to know from other people why they enjoy it so much, as can lead to myself and my family maybe being apart of it as well.