Star Wars Launch Bay | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Star Wars Launch Bay

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I wonder if they will use the pre show at all or the drawing room. Because it is a pretty big space.

I could imagine one of those room being used as queue for Vader and Chewbacca, because they will have tremendously long lines all day. You think there will be multiple rooms for each character?

ehh...you say this, but people line up for a LONG time for those meet and greets. Sometimes much longer then for an attraction nearby. You may prefer rides, but the general public tends to prefer to wait for a picture with their favorite character just as much as a spin on dumbo.

But the capacity is horrible--lines mean nothing. 2000 guests per hour is nothing to an omnimover, should be virtually no line. I doubt a meet & greet serves even 1000 guests in a single day, but if it does, lines out the door.

Reactions: Mad Dog
FWIW, the Season of the Force event is rumored to be canned at DHS for this year. They will have everything that the event was going to offer (fireworks, First Order troops, etc) but it will not be classified as "an event".

Credit to WDWNT

FWIW, the Season of the Force event is rumored to be canned at DHS for this year. They will have everything that the event was going to offer (fireworks, First Order troops, etc) but it will not be classified as "an event".

Credit to WDWNT
Any reasons behind this?

Any reasons behind this?
I assume construction as construction is rumored to start at the turn of the year, but that's odd because WDWMagic came out with a start date of January 5th as the start of SotF for this year. Maybe that's just disneyland though.

I assume construction as construction is rumored to start at the turn of the year, but that's odd because WDWMagic came out with a start date of January 5th as the start of SotF for this year. Maybe that's just disneyland though.

Their Season of the Force began Nov 16; Jan 5th is now the date when the SW fireworks show premieres at DHS.

Reports are Disneyland lines for this are out of this world insane!!

With how crowded DHS is with the last year of the lights, I imagine it will be the same at DHS. I am going on Saturday and it is the first time for me that when I tried to get Toy Story FPs I could not. Normally I can get them as long as I try a couple days in advance. I tried several days ago with no luck.

This is kinda wacky to me, the idea that DHS is still going to have all of these Star Wars offerings (including the stormtroopers and everything), but not brand it all under one banner that is easy to market.

I don't think they want to market it that much. I think they are trying to give something to the people who are in that park, but I don't think they are trying to drive up attendance in that park until TSL opens. They know they have an issue and they don't want to highlight their park with a major issue. AK was different because they didn't have to shut anything down since they moved Lion King and AK is not in that bad of shape because of the Animal areas. But DHS doesn't have much to offer and the good rides have very long lines.

This is kinda wacky to me, the idea that DHS is still going to have all of these Star Wars offerings (including the stormtroopers and everything), but not brand it all under one banner that is easy to market.

I think they realize the park can't handle the crazy influx of crowds if it was marketed the right way.

I could believe it. The original plan seemed to be to have Seasons of the Force run from January through March as the "seasonal event" to begin right after the Osborne Lights turn off. But what they're seeing is that the Lights are drawing HUGE crowds for the final year and we haven't even hit December yet. There's just honestly not enough to do in the park to handle the number of people that are there. So it seems they're still following through with all of the plans for Seasons of the Force, but don't seem to want to label it as an "event" for fear that it might draw in too many people. And with all the things rumored to close at the very start of January 2016, I'm not sure they can handle having a "special event" at this time. They've also changed their tune of having Star Wars fireworks just on weekends, to officially having them every single night.

Last edited:
I think they realize the park can't handle the crazy influx of crowds if it was marketed the right way.

I mean... that seems like that should be a good problem to have. There have got to be some basic things they can do to temporarily add capacity, like throw together a simple show for the new flex theater. Just seems like a huge missed opportunity to make a good chunk of money, and get people excited for the stuff coming to the park in a few years.

I mean... that seems like that should be a good problem to have. There have got to be some basic things they can do to temporarily add capacity, like throw together a simple show for the new flex theater. Just seems like a huge missed opportunity to make a good chunk of money, and get people excited for the stuff coming to the park in a few years.

They are putting something in the flex theater starting Dec 6th, but when Osborne lights shuts down the park in November far from Thanksgiving, there is a problem. This park just doesn't have capacity and one show is not going to add that much more. They don't want crazy waits for all their rides and turn people off from the Disney experience.

So I went this weekend, and its actually quite nice what they've done, however I will say that right now Star War was the biggest thing at DHS.

The Launch Bay has some really cool artifacts, movie props, meet and greets and a neat 10 minute film about the movies. The store at the end is fairly small, but custom printed Magic Bands and Cell phone cases takes up one corner of the store a lone.

Watto's Grotto in the back of the studios where the Tram tour took place is a MASSIVE store dedicated to the all things SW and some really nice high fashion clothing.

The new scene in Star Tours is REALLY well done and it was AWESOME to be flying behind the Falcon. They even had Boyega film scenes for the ride and he shows up on the in cabin moniter as well as a BB8 projection with new voice from C3PO, in other words its very seamless and looks amazing.

Launch Bay is pretty much what Disney advertised it as, however it's pretty much just one giant M&G with some interesting things to look at here and there and overpriced stuff in the gift shop. If over time this transforms like Blue Sky Cellar did, then it has a chance to be cool. But I don't think losing the Animation Academy was worth it after seeing this.

Of course, that's the Disney nerd in me saying that. Daily Chewy, Vader and roaming characters will prove to be very popular and it looks like they will be added to FP+ soon too, which will help the park.