Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance (DHS)

Something cool I’ve heard: Rise queue has a restroom in it!

I did use a restroom while stuck at the Grouper area earlier. But we went backstage past the CM breakroom, so not sure if that's the one you're speaking on.

As a side note, does anyone have theories on how the below special effect works?
Kylo Ren's overhead Lightsaber

I did use a restroom while stuck at the Grouper area earlier. But we went backstage past the CM breakroom, so not sure if that's the one you're speaking on.

As a side note, does anyone have theories on how the below special effect works?
Kylo Ren's overhead Lightsaber
It is a "bumpy" lightsaber that is rotating to give it that unstable laser look with a precut channel that rotates out with projection mapping for the scoring. My estimated guess from observation.

How long will this ride even need boarding passes, and will it ever go full fast pass? It appears to have decent capacity once it’s fully operational.
Curious when they stop being “Nice” and actually use that extended queue they built.

Question for tomorrow. How does it work with regular guest when a park has EMH? Do they not scan us in until open or do they scan us in early and hold us at some checkpoint like universal does? Scanning in before 8 is the key to trying to get a boarding group tomorrow when the park will be full of people trying to grab one right at 8. Just wanted to see if it was worth the effort to try and head out tomorrow.

I wonder when disney decided to go with the boarding pass system, apart from managing the volume of people were they thinking about the people who promote their stuff for free or comped experiences. I mean making sure your biggest fans are the ones to get on the ride (even with a comp day and a fast pass if they don't) is money well spent in the social media age.

I definitely have to say, This land is SO much better and feels more whole now with Rise up and running. It really is a shame that the land opened without it's crown jewel. Smuggler's Run is a solid D-ticket, but Rise is just so much more. Just for fun, if we compare to Pandora, Smuggler's Run is a FAR superior complementary ride over NRJ while Rise far and away better than Flight of Passage. I don't think any of the QS on Batuu touch Satuli Canteen, though :lol:

So far the only thing separating this from Hagrids opening is no second day delayed opening or an announcement of closing early. Both are going down multiple times per day, Hagrid never had to dump the queue.

But anyway this is about Rise.
Sure, Rise is dumping the queue at least a few times a day. However it only took us 25 minutes to get to what I would consider the beginning of the "Experience" once they scanned our boarding pass and they give out a FP to comeback if they dump the queue/evac. Hagrid had an average of about a 3 hour wait over the summer, so they couldn't afford to do that. 180 min vs. 25 min is a big difference.

The difference has been the virtual queue so the optics appear different. People were waiting 10-12 hours but were able to explore the park. As end of day approached, they “dumped” the virtual queue after a certain number and gave everyone the 1-day ticket and a FP to ride Rise the next day.
Sure, it's great optics, but it was also a great ops decision. Let's not pretend like people would rather stand in line for 10 hours versus getting a boarding pass that might be for close to 10 hours from that point, but since it's virtual queue, you aren't restricted to waiting in line. You can explore the park and have fun while waiting for your time to come up.

Let us not forget, Hagrid *almost* used a virtual queue system. They put one in place. For some reason though it was never used and looking at the way this is working out, it seems like that choice may have been a mistake.

How long will this ride even need boarding passes, and will it ever go full fast pass? It appears to have decent capacity once it’s fully operational.
Curious when they stop being “Nice” and actually use that extended queue they built.
Once MMRR opens, I think at the very least Smugglers Run will get Fastpass. Rise probably won't at that point until it fully works out the kinks. I expect Mickey to open w/o FP as well given it's using the same tech as Rise and could lead to inconsistent up times.

Also Rise doesn’t have to worry about closing due to rain.
I'm still waiting to see what happens in the summer when it starts to downpour and people won't want to leave the pre-show to queue up to board the ITS.

At the park now. EMH enters through the left turnstiles. Regular guests are waiting outside the right turnstiles. Let’s see how this goes :lol:

Edit: CMs told me we may open early around 7:45 or so. Have also seen several tweets further saying CMs are saying boarding passes go live at 7:45.

EDIT 2: Hah, confusing morning so far. Some CMs saying we may be let in as soon as 7:15. Some saying 7:45. Others saying 8. We also have some CMs telling the lines to go 3-5 people wide to fill in the space and others coming through the line to tell guests to leave gaps and stay single file.

EDIT 3: Now we may be moving into a holding spot in the park? Stay tuned :lol:

EDIT 4: Just got in. Boarding Group 49 and I was extremely close to the front of the line. This is gonna be ugly for regular day guests, especially with tweets like this misleading everyone:

Last edited:
Aaaaand boarding groups are all gone before park open yet again. They at least distributed through boarding group 92 from what I’ve seen on Twitter.

Today was not a good day for non-resort guests to attempt riding RotR.

Distribution went about like I figured it would. All groups distributed in a half hour, and gone before 8am.

Supposedly they started group distribution at around 7:20am and started letting non-resort guests in at 7:30am. So a few non-resort guests got them, but not many.

Today was not a good day for non-resort guests to attempt riding RotR.

Distribution went about like I figured it would. All groups distributed in a half hour, and gone before 8am.

Supposedly they started group distribution at around 7:20am and started letting non-resort guests in at 7:30am. So a few non-resort guests got them, but not many.

It was closer to 7:25 for non-resort guests, but yeah. Those 5 minutes filled up FAST. Definitely going to be some angry guests on both sides here since we got in to the park a full 30 minutes early and I personally saw quite a few resort guests stuck entering with the rest of us.

I honestly feel likes it’s time to just go for broke and open the queue. If the ride says it’s a 10-hour wait and you choose to wait for it, that’s on you.

And if the ride breaks down, you’ve got the same reward of a free ticket/FP. Might not suit everyone but it makes the option clear as opposed to blurring the lines like they are now.

1) congrats on Disney Making a E ticket in the America's that feels magically and really like your in the SW universe
2) While the Potter rides are great..wonder if Universal will try to make a ride like this after Nintendo land
I mean Mario Kart I think will be able to compete with Rise on a technical level at least. Sounds like Disney has the crown jewel of rides in Orlando right now though. Its only opening weekend, but thats pretty much the sentiment everyone who's rode it has had. Or something close to it at least. I truly haven't seen a bad review.