Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance (DHS) | Page 14 | Inside Universal Forums

Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance (DHS)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Some podcasters would lead you to believe this ride uses actual phasers, and could include a private encounter with Slave Leia.

The hype for this ride is CRAZY.
I don't envy the creative team on this one...What the ride has to deliver is so diverse depending on what people are imagining

Whereas Pandora was a surprise as people really didn't have any expectations other than Soarin 3.0

Expectations are high for this, I think they will deliver, but again, I don't envy the team working on this project

I don't envy the creative team on this one...What the ride has to deliver is so diverse depending on what people are imagining

Whereas Pandora was a surprise as people really didn't have any expectations other than Soarin 3.0

Expectations are high for this, I think they will deliver, but again, I don't envy the team working on this project
I’m honestly more concerned for Falcon. This one has the element of surprise up its sleeve, but Falcon has to deliver an absolutely perfect experience because everyone knows exactly what it is and how it needs to be.

That’s not to say that I think it will be bad (to the contrary), but if any of the four rides opening next year in Orlando are gonna be heavily scrutinized, it’s gonna be the bird first and foremost.

I’m honestly more concerned for Falcon. This one has the element of surprise up its sleeve, but Falcon has to deliver an absolutely perfect experience because everyone knows exactly what it is and how it needs to be.

That’s not to say that I think it will be bad (to the contrary), but if any of the four rides opening next year in Orlando are gonna be heavily scrutinized, it’s gonna be the bird first and foremost.
I forgot about Falcon...Again, I think meeting expectations of what people want is going to be tough for this land...Same could have been said about Potter though

Falcon will be the more popular attraction whereas RotR will be the superior attraction imo. I do think people may come off of it a bit disappointed simply bc the Falcon is so iconic... People will be really hyped.
Exactly everybody (fans, fanboys etc.) have their own vision as to how the Falcon drives/ flies in their own mind. Tempering expectations and keeping an open mind is the best way to experience this attraction.

Reactions: truejonas
Like Potter. I think people will react more to the land then the actual rides. Not trying to knock the current Potter rides, but they aren’t even the best in their respective parks.
Truth, they are top tier though in a park with some pretty memorable attractions

I think the hardcore fans have a love hate relationship with Disney, that's why I think it's slightly different

Truth, they are top tier though in a park with some pretty memorable attractions

I think the hardcore fans have a love hate relationship with Disney, that's why I think it's slightly different
I recently saw a video on youtube titled "Disney doesn't get lightsabers". Didn't watch, but there are definitely those out there like someone like that who just completely dislike everything Disney does with Star Wars.

Reactions: shiekra38
The ride vehicle will park itself on a motion base in certain points on the ride to provide movement on par with Spidey.

I take this rumor with a grain of salt. For these vehicles to do any serious motion on a motion base, they would have to be locked in to place, like Gringott's already is, as it's on a track. All Gringott's has to do is raise some bars, or put a lock into the wheels. For a trackless vehicle to be stabilized so that it can do any serious, it would need to be braked AND held on to the motion base in some fashion. Now, they could ride in to a 3 sided blocking device, and the back side raises up in to position. But that would require perfectly precise movement, and I would think you would still need to lock the RV to the floor in some manner. I don't know what the tolerance is on Disney's vehicles positioning, but it would need to be very low. And the locking very quick. Gringott's does this, but then the motion is far from Spider-man level.

Perhaps this will happen in a finale scene, but the RVs would likely have to leave for their own separate bases, sorta like Ratatouille does near the end.

Reactions: Coasted
I recently saw a video on youtube titled "Disney doesn't get lightsabers". Didn't watch, but there are definitely those out there like someone like that who just completely dislike everything Disney does with Star Wars.
I watched it. It just points out the inconsistencies in the skill needed to wield one throughout the films.

Ironic, as apparently Lucas couldn't handle it either

Reactions: Ryan
I take this rumor with a grain of salt. For these vehicles to do any serious motion on a motion base, they would have to be locked in to place, like Gringott's already is, as it's on a track. All Gringott's has to do is raise some bars, or put a lock into the wheels. For a trackless vehicle to be stabilized so that it can do any serious, it would need to be braked AND held on to the motion base in some fashion. Now, they could ride in to a 3 sided blocking device, and the back side raises up in to position. But that would require perfectly precise movement, and I would think you would still need to lock the RV to the floor in some manner. I don't know what the tolerance is on Disney's vehicles positioning, but it would need to be very low. And the locking very quick. Gringott's does this, but then the motion is far from Spider-man level.

Perhaps this will happen in a finale scene, but the RVs would likely have to leave for their own separate bases, sorta like Ratatouille does near the end.
Kong and Fast Furious lock in trams/buses. Earthquake, etc. how is that any different?

I think it's because people are afraid it implies that the RV will be stopped for a long scene, probably in front of a screen.

Correct. That's exactly what some of us do not want a lot of in this ride.

It will, but I believe it will be way cooler than people are imagining.

Why?

In the words of Han Solo, "I can imagine quite a bit," and what I'm imagining still isn't cool!

Reactions: truejonas
It will, but I believe it will be way cooler than people are imagining.

It also goes against the whole "more movement than Spider-man" comments.

Plus, it adds a pause to the ride. Kong has to lock in a Bus every 4 minutes or so for a long movie. This will be doing it likely on multiple parallel platforms in less than a minute for a 30 second scene.

Also, with most of the ride being fairly tame, I can't see it all of a sudden going crazy motion platform. If it opens that way, I foresee the motion being tamed as grandmas complain the ride was fine until it shook around like a rag doll at the end.