Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance (DHS)

I'm excited for this one mostly for tech reasons. Lasers, projection mapping, AI screen portions that follow you as you move around, fast elevator up, simulator/drop down, etc.

But, I kinda get the feeling that by the third preshow this will have felt like a walkthrough attraction to me for 10 to 15 minutes before the ride even starts.While that's cool the first time, I'm sure it will kill re-ride-abily for me a little. I like rides I can just get on and have fun with little to no effort or time spent waiting. Luckily single rider skips all the hoopla at Gringotts, because while it is fun every once in awhile, sometimes I just wanna jump into a quick adventure and then grab a Butterbeer ice cream and be on my way.

I am pretty excited for the music though. It'll be nice to have some fanfare for the land!

I think the shuttle preshow should help break it up. That one looks and seems more like a ride vs the first and last.

That's completely fair. Ive never been on Flight of Passage but I can't imagine a screen ride doing all that. While this does have some screens (Sorry guys, you aren't ACTUALLY being shot at or in Space) its more screens like Spiderman, to my knowledge. They aren't going to play a major major impact in your ride. I mean they will, but like, idk, theres a lot going on in this man haha. I honestly don't know how it will ride, but as I said from all I know this sounds world class. Im not calling it the GOAT but there's reason big rides like this get hype. Anything with any hype will always disappoint some people as I'm sure this may as well but idk, we'll have to wait and see I guess. I am really curious to see how it all works together. Hard to describe without being on it and giving no spoilers. But, its a lot.

Yea, I know there's a lot to the ride. I just hope it all comes together.

I’m impressed by what I’ve been seeing and heard so far. Anyone know how effective the screens are at establishing depth of field ? I know they probably squinch on the ride but the hangar seems like it’d be a bit trickier. I suppose if the Star field is always moving it will be pretty effective.
Can’t wait for more!

That's completely fair. Ive never been on Flight of Passage but I can't imagine a screen ride doing all that. While this does have some screens (Sorry guys, you aren't ACTUALLY being shot at or in Space) its more screens like Spiderman, to my knowledge. They aren't going to play a major major impact in your ride. I mean they will, but like, idk, theres a lot going on in this man haha. I honestly don't know how it will ride, but as I said from all I know this sounds world class. Im not calling it the GOAT but there's reason big rides like this get hype. Anything with any hype will always disappoint some people as I'm sure this may as well but idk, we'll have to wait and see I guess. I am really curious to see how it all works together. Hard to describe without being on it and giving no spoilers. But, its a lot.
After my second and third ride on FOP the other week, and I really like FOP a lot, it became really obvious that it was a BTF/Simpsons/Soarin 2.0 attraction. Bottom line is that the definition is many times better plus the scent and water effects done so well. But the third time I was on it, sitting about 4 from the end, it was very evident, and somewhat annoying, as to the ends of the screen and all the other people on the ride, like it is with Soarin.

Last edited:
I’m impressed by what I’ve been seeing and heard so far. Anyone know how effective the screens are at establishing depth of field ? I know they probably squinch on the ride but the hangar seems like it’d be a bit trickier. I suppose if the Star field is always moving it will be pretty effective.
Can’t wait for more!

I think the crucial needs for that screen are to be ultra high definition and produce an incredible black to really portray the darkness of space.

Pre-shows (especially ones on the longer side) also make getting on a ride quickly impossible. I’ve been at DVC events where FoP has a short wait, but it still takes a good 25-30 minutes to hike up the queue, stand through the preshows and then ride. I’ve been on FoP way less than I otherwise would because of this.

Hopefully the preshows here are at least good with good acting. The dude in FoP is terrible and I can’t wait until the day Disney changes that pre-show video.

Last edited:
Pre-shows also make getting on a ride quickly impossible. I’ve been at DVC Zevents where FoP has a short wait, but it still takes a good 25-30 minutes to hike up the queue, stand through the preshows and then ride. I’ve been on FoP way less than I otherwise would because of this.

this is the main thing. We had 5 free fast passes for animal kingdom , I wanted to use them all on FoP but that bloody 30 min queue and pre show even with fast pass is a right ballache. So we just went on it twice.

Pre-shows (especially lines on the longer side) also make getting on a ride quickly impossible. I’ve been at DVC events where FoP has a short wait, but it still takes a good 25-30 minutes to hike up the queue, stand through the preshows and then ride. I’ve been on FoP way less than I otherwise would because of this.

Hopefully the preshows here are at least good with good acting. The dude in FoP is terrible and I can’t wait until the day Disney changes that pre-show video.

this is the main thing. We had 5 free fast passes for animal kingdom , I wanted to use them all on FoP but that bloody 30 min queue and pre show even with fast pass is a right ballache. So we just went on it twice.
Bingo.

Found the post on Magic.

Had the chance to do a full ride through. There is no wonder they are pulling out nostops for this. I may be a little biased, but I have had my fair share of chances to go through different types of entertainment experiences early. This is easily the best.

Several incredible moments, but there are three “did I just see that?” moments that will be talked about for a long time.

I hear the Rise of the Resistance opening ceremony is going to be pretty interesting. | Page 17 | WDWMAGIC - Unofficial Walt Disney World discussion forums

and in reply to what the three wow moments were they said:

Lightsaber, Escape, At-At..
I question anyone raving about the AT-ATs as “wow” or “how did they do that” moments—especially if they’re following the ride’s construction.

They’re two static statues roughly the same height as Kong. The scale will be impressive, but that’s all they’ll have going for them.

Last edited:
I question anyone raving about the AT-ATs as “wow” or “how did they do that” moments—especially if they’re following the ride’s construction.

They’re two static statues roughly the same height as Kong. The scale will impressive, but that’s all they’ll have going for them.
Being a Star Wars fan and seeing giant AT-AT in real life is exciting.... not sure how else to frame that.

Pre-shows (especially ones on the longer side) also make getting on a ride quickly impossible. I’ve been at DVC events where FoP has a short wait, but it still takes a good 25-30 minutes to hike up the queue, stand through the preshows and then ride. I’ve been on FoP way less than I otherwise would because of this.

Earthquake had the worst preshow of all time for re-rideability.