Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance (DHS) | Page 71 | Inside Universal Forums

Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance (DHS)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Worth mentioning none of these people have had to wait hours for it, but #RiseOfTheRisistance is trending on twitter and if you click on it, it's full of nothing but spoils and glowing reviews. Obviously the real test will be actual guests, but these same outlets had only mediocre things to say about Smuggler's Run after their media preview, so it's already ahead by that metric.

....Aaaaaand now you all understand why Paris is getting Rise instead of Smuggler’s Run.

Looks like Top 10 ride potential for sure, and Disney finally has another ride at Spider-Man/Forbidden Journey levels
The funny part about it is it took the man who was responsible for Spider-Man (and shortly worked on FJ) to finally get to this point again.

Trowbridge has an impeccable record for creating great rides.

Ya, holy CRAP! Watched the POV, I cannot imagine what this is like in person, my lord. Not watching another POV until April but I am happy I watched, looks absolutely outstanding and a true technological advancement for attractions. Incredible, just incredible!

Yeah, any spoiler-free reviews out there?

It’s not like I don’t know what the ride is basically like, but there’s nothing that can beat actually seeing what you imagine it to be so I wanna keep that for my first ride.

Reactions: belloq87
I like that Disney has broken out of their "book report" dark ride style of storytelling. It's like they ripped a page out of Universal Creative's playbook and put you in the "action" instead of passively watching movie scenes unfold.

The shuttle scene looks a lot more involved than I was anticipating. The quick drop looks to be pretty short, like maybe 5 feet, but the screenz really sell the effect.

That said, the Kylo/blown out window scene looks cheesy. Particularly how it ends with the concrete panel thing dropping down too slowly.

That said, the Kylo/blown out window scene looks cheesy. Particularly how it ends with the concrete panel thing dropping down too slowly.

(struggles, cringes, shrugs his shoulders and...) yeah it is a bit cheesy. That's the only thing in the POVs that wasn't fantastic but it's still an impressive effect considering what it all entails. I'm sure it also looks better in person.

After watching the preshows, I really hope there’s a single rider line that bypasses them in the future lol

Apparently neither FP or SR skips the attraction from the shuttle on.