Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance (DHS) | Page 72 | Inside Universal Forums

Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance (DHS)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I like that Disney has broken out of their "book report" dark ride style of storytelling. It's like they ripped a page out of Universal Creative's playbook and put you in the "action" instead of passively watching movie scenes unfold.

The shuttle scene looks a lot more involved than I was anticipating. The quick drop looks to be pretty short, like maybe 5 feet, but the screenz really sell the effect.

That said, the Kylo/blown out window scene looks cheesy. Particularly how it ends with the concrete panel thing dropping down too slowly.
Idk, I thought it sorta looked cool. Id need to see it again and in real life to fully judge but I was pretty damn impressed.

(struggles, cringes, shrugs his shoulders and...) yeah it is a bit cheesy. That's the only thing in the POVs that wasn't fantastic but it's still an impressive effect considering what it all entails. I'm sure it also looks better in person.

Apparently neither FP or SR skips the attraction from the shuttle on.
This is true, at least for right now.

There isn’t a single rider line for this ride however, is there? Only fastpass (eventually).
I could be wrong but my source led me to believe single rider will be available, or there is at least a set up for it. Could be wrong however.

I understand not wanting to do the pre shows but experience these pre shows first and see what you think. I think the rey/BB8 could get tedious but everything else is basically a ride, I wouldn't be too worried. There's also so much going on this ride people are going to want to ride it again at least a few times.

Honestly though, all the pre shows are very intricate and important to this experience, so why would they let you skip them? Not meant to be a diss at all but they're not making these rides for the locals who come and vlog every week.

Idk, I thought it sorta looked cool. Id need to see it again and in real life to fully judge but I was pretty damn impressed.

I really liked it :lol:
It's interesting, I watched the IGN POV first and thought the effect looked cheesy. Then I watched the Attractions Magazine POV and thought the effect looked better. The 2 POVs had different views of the scene. The scene in the IGN POV has a weird Matrix-y slow-mo feel to it that just felt fake.