Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance (DHS)

People in CA are really annoyed that it's not opening this fall. Given how extremely dead it's been the last 2 months, I'm thinking shareholders aren't going to like the numbers that come out of Q4.

By this time last year, nearly 1/4 the Halloween Party dates were sold out. As of now, not a single date is sold out. Not even Halloween (which usually sells out within 2-3 weeks of tickets going on sale). Just booked my trip for the end of Sept.
I'm thinking of taking an impromptu trip this fall too and hitting up HHN and Knott's Scary Farm while there. With attendance as it is, it would seem to make for a pleasant trip.

Nail in the coffin is a bit extreme of an analogy, but it certainly makes it so that there's incredible pressure on RotR to deliver on the hype.

I don’t see how RotR even remotely has any pressure. We are talking about Disney’s biggest and most immersive ride experience they’ve ever created, versus a rollercoaster with some low budget animatronics at Universal, I don’t think that’s gonna be hard to top lol.

I don’t see how RotR even remotely has any pressure. We are talking about Disney’s biggest and most immersive ride experience they’ve ever created, versus a rollercoaster with some low budget animatronics at Universal, I don’t think that’s gonna be hard to top lol.
That was a lot of shade thrown for ride that has longer waits than the entire GE land.

The lines are as long as they are because on top of the ride breaking down, they aren’t running it anywhere near capacity. I’ll flat out admit I’d rather ride Hagrid’s than Smuggler’s Run, but RotR is another beast.

Cool, when did you ride Rise of the Resistance?

Cool, when did you ride Rise of the Resistance?

I don’t need to have ridden it yet to know that it will be better than a rollercoaster at Universal. That’s all it is. I’ve been on it and it’s fun, but there is absolutely nothing game-changing about it.

THIS IS AMAZING!!

I love when mockups are true to size/reality... Can't wait for this to open, I'll be buying our annual passes again after 2 years without once this opens. BTW - I'm 70% universal vs 30% disney in preference, having premier passes to universal forever. Just thought I'd share how one can love both companies, giving credit where credit is due and vice versa.

Last edited:
Yeah I take issue with the Low Budget Animatronics comment. They're NOT! To insinuate anything else is disingenuous and it makes the rest of your point seem petty.

Poking around the internet (yeah I can get a nasty disease doing that) It look like one theory that the ride vehicles need to be modified to accommodate ADA. It kinda seems believable when you see the ride vehicles here:

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Rise of the Resistance Ride Vehicle on Display at Star Wars Celebration in Chicago - Blog Mickey

But also seems like Disney wouldn't make such a big goof on something like this. I mean do they have special access for a ride like Indiana Jones? Seems like a similar car design.

My theory is they changed vendors on the Seatbelt Tabs and they could only deliver Red seatbelt tabs. In testing it just confused everyone because there are not yellow. :eek:O:

Taking bets on how long it takes before people cross under that barrier and take selfies with the storm troopers. They should have just built a barrier like the one in front of the falcon at least that one is continuous. That gap between allows a kid to slide though fairly easily.

Edit: I could see them staffing a Cast Member to stand on the other side though.

Taking bets on how long it takes before people cross under that barrier and take selfies with the storm troopers. They should have just built a barrier like the one in front of the falcon at least that one is continuous. That gap between allows a kid to slide though fairly easily.
Well that would require someone to get out of the ride vehicle. Pretty unlikely.