1. Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Make sure to sign up and join the community! It's fast, free, and easy! DO IT!

Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance (DHS)

Discussion in 'Disney's Hollywood Studios' started by Joe, Nov 17, 2018.

1. Yabbadabba Doh

Yabbadabba Doh Member

My question though is why 6 weeks later since they have a solution and should have been working on it all this time? With the slow DL start I would have thought they would push for a quicker turnover.

2. Alicia

Alicia Premium Member

The way Disney words it themselves is apparently the same team of folks are opening each version, and I guess need to be on site to work out the kinks and tweak?

As soon as work is completed at Walt Disney World, Imagineers will head back to California to complete their mission at Disneyland Resort where Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance will open on Friday, Jan. 17.

3. Disneyhead

Disneyhead Veteran Member

I said a long time ago that WDI only has one team that programs these rides and that was the reason for the staggered openings. At that time they were going to do DL's first then do DHS'. Because of DL's tech issue things have been flipped.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2019
    Legacy, Fallow, alomar and 10 others like this.
  4. rhino4evr

rhino4evr Veteran Member

That one sheet attraction poster!

5. Mad Dog

Mad Dog Premium Member

Comment on Disney's RotR DHS opening date announcement, Robert Niles, Theme Park Insider..."The announcement screams to me that Disney World is concerned about its advance bookings for the Christmas season and is trying to encourage more people to commit to visiting then by promising that RotR will be open for them. "

SukaVayne73, Fallow, Dhdhddh and 2 others like this.
  6. OLSinFLA

OLSinFLA Veteran Member

WDW relies on tourists, who will show up anyways (No way Disney World will be dead at Christmas). DL, on the other hand, relies on locals. And locals with annual passes. And even though Disney keeps jacking the price, people (bless them) keep buying them. But I imagine there will be a large number whose renewals will come up and they'll wait till January. That means drop off in July, August, September, October, November and December.

Dhdhddh likes this.
  7. Mad Dog

Mad Dog Premium Member

There may be substance to Niles concern though. If you monitor hotel bookings, like I've been doing lately, there's substantially more hotel inventory available for the period after Sept. then there normally is. Generally, in the past, room choices were slim if you didn't book at least 6 months in advance. Bookings appear to be soft, even though you would think the opposite with GESWL opening. And those are tourists for the most part.

8. belloq87

belloq87 Veteran Member

The middle ground between light and shadow...
    My only concern now is that I bet those "Extra Early" Magic Hours will be extended certainly through the New Year, and probably beyond. Which will make it tough to rope drop the land for offsite-visitors.

Fingers crossed there will be at least one day of the week where those aren't happening by the end of January!

They should sell prints.

9. Joe

Joe aka TestTrack321 Staff Member Moderator

I believe wdw opening first had everything to do with it being under construction when they discovered the issues and thus they could implement a fix. Disneyland would need to retrofit and take more time. Getting WDW up and running then DLR probably was quicker than DLR first then WDW.

10. Joel

Joel Premium Member

Especially if they still needed to confirm whether the fix actually works; why not get DHS fixed and confirmed quickly vs taking longer to retrofit DL and test the fix with the possibility of it still not working.

11. Teebin

Teebin Legendary Member

From the perspective of the Disney Co and all other issues aside, it probably doesn’t help that Hagrid opened to such rave reviews. A thorn in the paw, nail in the coffin effect.

CoasterGuy and Mad Dog like this.
  12. Disneyhead

Disneyhead Veteran Member

This is partly true. They discovered the wireless location pucks were improperly installed at Disneyland prior to installing them in Orlando. But Disneyland also has an issue with Cal/OSHA that isn't an issue in Florida.

SukaVayne73, Joel, therock and 2 others like this.
  13. Joe

This goes against everything I've heard.

SukaVayne73, DK745, OrlLover and 3 others like this.
  14. fryoj

fryoj Premium Member

Is it possible that """"IF""""" the rumored elevator smashing a car thing really did happen, that it damaged the elevator too, and they are waiting on parts. While DHS has a perfectly good elevator sitting there and they can focus all their efforts there while DL's get fixed?

15. OrlLover

OrlLover Rookie

These rumors are starting to get out of hand like I really don’t know who to believe.

therock likes this.
  16. Skipper Justin

Skipper Justin Veteran Member

I suspect nargles.

Joel, Teebin, DragonSlayer and 3 others like this.
  17. Joe

I *really* doubt that happened.

Yeah, personally I'm back in "shut up and listen" mode.

Blaw923, OrlLover and fryoj like this.
  18. Nick

Nick Staff Member Moderator

Nail in the coffin is a bit extreme of an analogy, but it certainly makes it so that there's incredible pressure on RotR to deliver on the hype.

19. Jymmymack

Jymmymack Veteran Member

People in CA are really annoyed that it's not opening this fall. Given how extremely dead it's been the last 2 months, I'm thinking shareholders aren't going to like the numbers that come out of Q4.

By this time last year, nearly 1/4 the Halloween Party dates were sold out. As of now, not a single date is sold out. Not even Halloween (which usually sells out within 2-3 weeks of tickets going on sale). Just booked my trip for the end of Sept.

SukaVayne73, Mad Dog and SeventyOne like this.
  20. Nick

Nick Staff Member Moderator

I'm thinking of taking an impromptu trip this fall too and hitting up HHN and Knott's Scary Farm while there. With attendance as it is, it would seem to make for a pleasant trip.

SukaVayne73, therock and Joel like this.