Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance (DHS)

Because it should've opened in Disneyland first since they started construction first. Now it seems like they are focusing more people and resources on getting it open in DHS since the opening in California didn't go as planned.
I think they were able to figure out a solution to a technical issue they ran into while building the DL version, and it saved them the trouble of having to correct it for WDW. I'm sure they would've rather wanted to open both at the same time if they could.

I think they were able to figure out a solution to a technical issue they ran into while building the DL version, and it saved them the trouble of having to correct it for WDW. I'm sure they would've rather wanted to open both at the same time if they could.
My question though is why 6 weeks later since they have a solution and should have been working on it all this time? With the slow DL start I would have thought they would push for a quicker turnover.

My question though is why 6 weeks later since they have a solution and should have been working on it all this time? With the slow DL start I would have thought they would push for a quicker turnover.
The way Disney words it themselves is apparently the same team of folks are opening each version, and I guess need to be on site to work out the kinks and tweak?

As soon as work is completed at Walt Disney World, Imagineers will head back to California to complete their mission at Disneyland Resort where Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance will open on Friday, Jan. 17.

The way Disney words it themselves is apparently the same team of folks are opening each version, and I guess need to be on site to work out the kinks and tweak?

As soon as work is completed at Walt Disney World, Imagineers will head back to California to complete their mission at Disneyland Resort where Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance will open on Friday, Jan. 17.
I said a long time ago that WDI only has one team that programs these rides and that was the reason for the staggered openings. At that time they were going to do DL's first then do DHS'. Because of DL's tech issue things have been flipped.

Last edited:
Comment on Disney's RotR DHS opening date announcement, Robert Niles, Theme Park Insider..."The announcement screams to me that Disney World is concerned about its advance bookings for the Christmas season and is trying to encourage more people to commit to visiting then by promising that RotR will be open for them. "

Comment on Disney's RotR DHS opening date announcement, Robert Niles, Theme Park Insider..."The announcement screams to me that Disney World is concerned about its advance bookings for the Christmas season and is trying to encourage more people to commit to visiting then by promising that RotR will be open for them. "
WDW relies on tourists, who will show up anyways (No way Disney World will be dead at Christmas). DL, on the other hand, relies on locals. And locals with annual passes. And even though Disney keeps jacking the price, people (bless them) keep buying them. But I imagine there will be a large number whose renewals will come up and they'll wait till January. That means drop off in July, August, September, October, November and December.

WDW relies on tourists, who will show up anyways (No way Disney World will be dead at Christmas). DL, on the other hand, relies on locals. And locals with annual passes. And even though Disney keeps jacking the price, people (bless them) keep buying them. But I imagine there will be a large number whose renewals will come up and they'll wait till January. That means drop off in July, August, September, October, November and December.
There may be substance to Niles concern though. If you monitor hotel bookings, like I've been doing lately, there's substantially more hotel inventory available for the period after Sept. then there normally is. Generally, in the past, room choices were slim if you didn't book at least 6 months in advance. Bookings appear to be soft, even though you would think the opposite with GESWL opening. And those are tourists for the most part.

My only concern now is that I bet those "Extra Early" Magic Hours will be extended certainly through the New Year, and probably beyond. Which will make it tough to rope drop the land for offsite-visitors.

Fingers crossed there will be at least one day of the week where those aren't happening by the end of January!

That one sheet attraction poster!

They should sell prints.

I believe wdw opening first had everything to do with it being under construction when they discovered the issues and thus they could implement a fix. Disneyland would need to retrofit and take more time. Getting WDW up and running then DLR probably was quicker than DLR first then WDW.

I believe wdw opening first had everything to do with it being under construction when they discovered the issues and thus they could implement a fix. Disneyland would need to retrofit and take more time. Getting WDW up and running then DLR probably was quicker than DLR first then WDW.
Especially if they still needed to confirm whether the fix actually works; why not get DHS fixed and confirmed quickly vs taking longer to retrofit DL and test the fix with the possibility of it still not working.

This is partly true. They discovered the wireless location pucks were improperly installed at Disneyland prior to installing them in Orlando. But Disneyland also has an issue with Cal/OSHA that isn't an issue in Florida.

Is it possible that """"IF""""" the rumored elevator smashing a car thing really did happen, that it damaged the elevator too, and they are waiting on parts. While DHS has a perfectly good elevator sitting there and they can focus all their efforts there while DL's get fixed?

Is it possible that """"IF""""" the rumored elevator smashing a car thing really did happen, that it damaged the elevator too, and they are waiting on parts. While DHS has a perfectly good elevator sitting there and they can focus all their efforts there while DL's get fixed?

I *really* doubt that happened.

These rumors are starting to get out of hand like I really don’t know who to believe.

Yeah, personally I'm back in "shut up and listen" mode.

People in CA are really annoyed that it's not opening this fall. Given how extremely dead it's been the last 2 months, I'm thinking shareholders aren't going to like the numbers that come out of Q4.

By this time last year, nearly 1/4 the Halloween Party dates were sold out. As of now, not a single date is sold out. Not even Halloween (which usually sells out within 2-3 weeks of tickets going on sale). Just booked my trip for the end of Sept.