Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance (DHS)

I watched the new commercial with footage from the ride, and I may have missed something but who was the female character in the hologram? I also saw her as a face character in Tim Tracker's video when he went to the AP preview.
Omg I thought the same thing. They both looked so alike!!

As with Smuggler's Run, it does seem a bit odd that we're being sent on our mission by a character that 95% of guests will have no knowledge of.

Weren't there rumors that we were going to be briefed by Poe via hologram?

As with Smuggler's Run, it does seem a bit odd that we're being sent on our mission by a character that 95% of guests will have no knowledge of.

I think it was Rey via hologram and Poe in the ship preshow

Rex was a new character when Star Tours first opened. He turned into such a fan favorite that he’s in SWGE.

Every character is new the first time you see them. Han, Luke and Leia were once new characters.

I’d argue that with a franchise like Star Wars, to not use the characters people love is a huge mistake.

To be fair, the characters people love (at least in the new trilogy where GE is based) are in the ride. We just have a new character as our entry point(?)

Wow the footage in that commercial is awesome! Love the lightsaber effect.

The action in the ATAT room looks really intense too, especially if they actually have that much pyro effects involved.

But I cant tell if that's beefed up for the commercial (similar to Mosa knocking the boat in the Jurassic World referb)