Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance (DHS)

I was originally going to wait until after Mickey opened to visit, but I may have to add a day to my universal trip next month to go see this....

Ok, so regarding a second boarding group. The folks who tapped into the ride, went to the app and deleted their party from their current boarding group and grabbed a second boarding group prior to the CM at the exit scanning their MBs lost their second boarding group when the CM at the exit scanned their MB. If you wait until after the CM at the exit scans your MB you can in fact get a second boarding group.
I got my second boarding number by dropping the first and just scanned in for my second ride. No issue and they did scan my band at the end of the first ride. I did notice a prompt on their screen so maybe they hit a button that let it slide.

So what happens when they dont get to all the boarding groups as it looks like they will not today? Do they auto attach a ticket to the accounts of people who didnt get on or do you have to be at the ride and they scan the bands?

Interesting. and...why I say great things about IU posters. Even though it's a Disney ride, everyone here is saying how great it is. IU posters, are for the most part, lovers of all good things in theme parks, regardless of the park, and very fair in their assessments of an attraction....Now, if you ever tune into a forum on a Disney oriented fan site, there's a cascade of anti Universal vitriol, no matter how good the ride. They'll nit pick everything. Mind you, not every poster, but way way too many. ....Kudos to IU posters for giving everything a fair shake. :thumbsup::toast:

Interesting. and...why I say great things about IU posters. Even though it's a Disney ride, everyone here is saying how great it is. IU posters, are for the most part, lovers of all good things in theme parks, regardless of the park, and very fair in their assessments of an attraction....Now, if you ever tune into a forum on a Disney oriented fan site, there's a cascade of anti Universal vitriol, no matter how good the ride. They'll nit pick everything. Mind you, not every poster, but way way too many. ....Kudos to IU posters for giving everything a fair shake. :thumbsup::toast:

well I would tend to agree that universal fans are less obnoxious than Disney fans, this has been a rather negative road to opening. At the end of the day, the attraction is all that matters. Sounds like they knocked it out of the park.

Can you imagine if Disney spent this type of budget and time on every new attraction?

Not sure if it ever came back up, but it looks like the queue is being dumped again

It seems like they've been doing well by guests when dumping the line at least. Snacks, water, and now characters:

Why are we not saving Baby Yoda on this ride? What a waste. It would be so much better with The Child.

Wow wow wow WOW!

Without spoiling anything, this is unprecedented for a theme park attraction. Somebody mentioned the Star Trek Experience in Las Vegas and that is an accurate example, but this is so much more immersive and done for far many more people per day.

It feels like it hit that perfect blend of sets, screens and practical effects. Dare i say, it’s exactly what Universal fans have been complaining they want for years. Not bagging on the fans or the parks, but this felt like the next genuine step in theme park evolution.

There are a couple parts that need a little bit more going on. That said, I was somebody who argued the ride being trackless was not needed due to issues it can cause, but in my mind, after riding it, it’s a necessity. You buy you’re hovering over the ground like a transport would.

Also - the entire experience pre-vehicle is as good as the ride itself. This is everything we could have asked for from Imagineering folks, it feels great. Now just to get operations under control...

Sounds like a very promising ride! Even though I don't care for the new movies I will definitely give this ride a chance and give it the credit it deserves if it lives up to what I'm hearing!

I really was picturing Hagrid level. Down for hours upon hours, closing by 5 and not reopening. I pretty much feared the worst by the rumours on forums haha. I think this has faired better then I thought at least.

So far the only thing separating this from Hagrids opening is no second day delayed opening or an announcement of closing early. Both are going down multiple times per day, Hagrid never had to dump the queue.

But anyway this is about Rise.