Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance (DHS)

Absolutely stunning! I am still shaking. Truly the crown jewel of all of Imagineerings triumphs. Definitely agree that the Cast Members definitely add to the experience with their commitment to their roles. I am speechless. Don’t know how this will be topped.
Here’s the thing. It will be topped and we as theme park fans are lucky. Setting the bar this high is the best thing ever for the future.

My god, my cousin just rode and I am beyond jealous of their reaction. I didn’t even know they were there lol. There reaction to this moment is likely going to be mine
The resistance breaks you free and goes “We’re from the resistance we’re here to help you escape!!” She said she had tears from then on. I expect the same for me! Sounds SO immersive and thrilling and adrenaline pumping. April needs to get here ASAP I am not watching a POV again I’ve done it once but my lord this is hard waiting.
That was really cool, but I thought you were going to say...
The moment when the transport vehicle door opens and *this* is your view.

It's truly jaw-dropping in person.

That was really cool, but I thought you were going to say...
The moment when the transport vehicle door opens and *this* is your view.

It's truly jaw-dropping in person.
My guess is by that point, they were in a state of shock. Gathered themselves by that scene I mentioned, then when they get going I think she was like “Omg let’s go!!!” Kinda mood. But ya, that was shocking to watch on the POV. Man oh man I cannot wait to experience this in person!

My guess is by that point, they were in a state of shock. Gathered themselves by that scene I mentioned, then when they get going I think she was like “Omg let’s go!!!” Kinda mood. But ya, that was shocking to watch on the POV. Man oh man I cannot wait to experience this in person!

....or it's bad industrial engineering.

Hagrid's & RotR rocky openings strongly indicate why having 'soft openings' are so very important to to a new attraction. Perhaps these will be good lessons to Universal & Disney to never ever skip 'soft openings' in the future, and be more flexible about an official opening date.

For me, it's quite the opposite. They've realized it doesn't matter if they do softs or not. In the twitter-age, a soft is just as critiqued and mentioned as an opening, so why hold your cards. Run CM softs as much as you can if it's ready and then grand opening after that.

I wouldn't be surprised if softs are a distant memory in the very near future.

And to be honest, if it's a quality attraction, people aren't going to hate that it's unreliable on the first few days. The quality of the ride will be more of the story. Perfect example would be: Did anyone here ride Hagrid's or RotR for the first time and immediately text a friend "This thing has reliability issues. So glad I got to ride it without it breaking down!" Or was it "This ride is amazing! You have to ride it!"

Agree that in the age of internet, having softs is pretty much impossible. At the same time announcing an opening date and allowing thousands of people to book hotel rooms with the expectation of riding the new ride isn’t the best practice either.

This ride is better than anything at Universal Orlando, Tokyo Disneyland, or any other theme park in the world. It just is. You’ve gotta get over the us vs them stuff. It’s not a good look.

giphy.gif

What? I'm super confused how a bad boarding procedure doesn't make this a fantastic experience? I'm lost. That's an issue that's easy to solve. That is industrial engineering.

I mean, would you like to talk about your work in the industry more?

Here’s the thing, when Spider-Man changed the industry it was awesome, when WWoHP did it the next decade it was too. Rise feels like the kind of ride that is taking it to the next level, much like the Universal attractions did. It’s a good thing to see stuff like this rather than complacency like Fast and Furious or the Frozen redo. This ride is a very big deal.

For me, it's quite the opposite. They've realized it doesn't matter if they do softs or not. In the twitter-age, a soft is just as critiqued and mentioned as an opening, so why hold your cards. Run CM softs as much as you can if it's ready and then grand opening after that.

I wouldn't be surprised if softs are a distant memory in the very near future.

And to be honest, if it's a quality attraction, people aren't going to hate that it's unreliable on the first few days. The quality of the ride will be more of the story. Perfect example would be: Did anyone here ride Hagrid's or RotR for the first time and immediately text a friend "This thing has reliability issues. So glad I got to ride it without it breaking down!" Or was it "This ride is amazing! You have to ride it!"
The point of a soft opening is to run a new ride without having any responsibility for when or how well it is running. It is not suddenly useless because people can share info easily. They wouldn't have to give out any freebies for a soft open.

Can y'all chill with the moderator hate? This isn't the first time I've seen it and it's not the first time I've rolled my eyes at it.

Everyone has an opinion, including mods.
The purpose of a moderator is to quell childish arguments, not provoke them. Opinion and overwhelming negativity are two separate things. Its important to be “moderate”

Here’s the thing, when Spider-Man changed the industry it was awesome, when WWoHP did it the next decade it was too. Rise feels like the kind of ride that is taking it to the next level, much like the Universal attractions did. It’s a good thing to see stuff like this rather than complacency like Fast and Furious or the Frozen redo. This ride is a very big deal.

and the best part. The same man who did Spider-Man did RotR. Did we have any doubt?

This ride is better than anything at Universal Orlando, Tokyo Disneyland, or any other theme park in the world. It just is. You’ve gotta get over the us vs them stuff. It’s not a good look.

Shouldn't you be on a Disney site saying how you cry when you get off FoP?

I haven't ridden it, or watched POVs, but this ride is not some undisputed king. It's a true E ticket. If you are a US based Diznoid, this may confuse you, as you may not have ever seen such a thing in your life. But it doesn't mean the rest of the world hasn't had rides like this open in the last 20 years.