Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker

Crazy to think that’s low for the franchise, considering it’s the finale of the saga.

That does not count worldwide, to point out.

It'd be potentially higher than The Last Jedi, Solo, and Rogue One in domestic box office; even if it's not being predicted to reach TFA levels of Domestic.

Personally, my ballpark guess had it at 800-850 million; as I do see this being a turnaround. It will never reach TFA levels in Domestic, as I actually could see it get more attention globally this time, as it'll be for a lot of people..a checking out in a way for the SW franchise (even with new films on the horizon).

That does not count worldwide, to point out.

It'd be potentially higher than The Last Jedi, Solo, and Rogue One in domestic box office; even if it's not being predicted to reach TFA levels of Domestic.

Personally, my ballpark guess had it at 800-850 million; as I do see this being a turnaround. It will never reach TFA levels in Domestic, as I actually could see it get more attention globally this time, as it'll be for a lot of people..a checking out in a way for the SW franchise (even with new films on the horizon).

Nah....international appeal is so limited. Remember the drop from TFA to TLJ in China, Japan, Korea, and South America markets were substanial to the point where the screens got pulled really early. (In China after one week).

For those curious, Box Office Pro's prediction for the opening weekend have RoS at 225 million domestic, with the total at the ballpark of 580-750 million domestic.

Long Range Tracking: Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker, Bombshell, and Cats - Boxoffice

I think both ends of that total range are possible, though the higher end would require the movie actually being widely seen as good and generating lots of repeat business, even from those fans who weren't hot for THE LAST JEDI.

Is there a site I can bet on the over on this? I think the complainers are the first to shell out the money. Premium seat prices must be at an all time high. I would bet pretty much no one sees films twice given prices these days. This isn't Titanic. Disney has allowed the films to be on Netflix as well and the catch up culture has been huge for the marvel universe. The only caution I would have is if people were able to catch up internationally or not but I would imagine Disney has been improving on that for a long time at this point.

It already passed infinity war and endgame in presales right?
Everyone needs to realize that more and more people are buying in advance all the time so just because it may sell more in advance than Endgame it means little. Just means everyone that was gonna go anyway is grabbing their tickets now instead of day of like it used to be.

Also, with services like AMC a List and Regals new service, it’s even easier than ever before to book tickets in advance. I’m sure this plays a factor as well (as it did for me)

So, the plot leaks apparently happened because John Boyega (Finn) left his script behind when moving between apartments which was found by a cleaner and put up on eBay.

Dude's lucky to still be alive knowing how seriously the Mouse House takes these kind of breaches.

So, the plot leaks apparently happened because John Boyega (Finn) left his script behind when moving between apartments which was found by a cleaner and put up on eBay.

Dude's lucky to still be alive knowing how seriously the Mouse House takes these kind of breaches.

I'm honestly shocked Lucasfilm still uses paper scripts. Marvel has pretty much moved strictly to digital scripts that are encrypted for reasons exactly like this.

I think for the pivotal character of the first six episodes to not be somehow involved (even in a very small way) in the final installment would be a really weird thing.

It would be like getting to THE GODFATHER PART III, and Michael Corleone isn't in it.