Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker

Nov 23, 2013
Seattle, WA!
After the departure of Colin Trevorrow for the final episode of the current trilogy, Lucasfilm has revealed that Star Wars Episode IX will be directed by J.J. Abrams, as he will cowrite the film with Chris Terrio.

J.J. Abrams to Write and Direct Star Wars: Episode IX | StarWars.com

J.J has contributed to the sequel trilogy already, with The Force Awakens, and that this will be Terrio's first writing credit for the series. The film will release in 2019.

What do you think? Would you of perfered a different director, or are you fine with this? Comment down below!

I would think they would put Wonder Woman for November now at this point, and to have a date similar of Justice League.
Possibly. Will probably wait till Justice league comes out and see how it does. If it does poorly, they may shift to Summer.

And..in a big piece of info, Carrie Fisher's character will live on; as they will use unreleased footage from VII to bring her back.
I have no issue because otherwise her character has a clunky end...

But isn’t this the exact thing Disney said they wouldn’t do back after TLJ came out?

I have no issue because otherwise her character has a clunky end...

But isn’t this the exact thing Disney said they wouldn’t do back after TLJ came out?

No I think what they said was that they were not going to do that weird facial reconstruction thing that they did with Tarkin in Rogue One. I could be wrong though.