Star Wars Themed Land Speculation | Page 20 | Inside Universal Forums

Star Wars Themed Land Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Seven Dwarfs Mine coaster better blow my mind or all my faith will be lost in Disney.

You know its not going to as it is a family coaster more D ticket and not aimed at most people here. Your just setting it up to give it a bashing. It will be a great attraction (that has taken waayyyyyy to long to build) and will fit in perfectly for that area of the park and the guests that will ride it.

Let the Disney bashing start.............

The Seven Dwarfs Mine coaster better blow my mind or all my faith will be lost in Disney.

I haven't given up on them just yet...seeing wha they did in Hong Kong as well as Cali lets me know they still have it in them. The burning question is whether of not we'll see those types of attractions at WDW soon. I'm giving them a chance with the DHS redo and Avatarland...

Speaking of Avatar...I love your avatar Accio!

You know its not going to as it is a family coaster more D ticket and not aimed at most people here. Your just setting it up to give it a bashing. It will be a great attraction (that has taken waayyyyyy to long to build) and will fit in perfectly for that area of the park and the guests that will ride it.

Let the Disney bashing start.............

The thing is if it's going to take that long it needs to be an OFF THE CHARTS and Grade A E-Ticket attraction. But we're getting a D Ticket? I know we keep bashing it for this reason but I'm still dumbfounded lol

- - - Updated - - -

I haven't given up on them just yet...seeing wha they did in Hong Kong as well as Cali lets me know they still have it in them. The burning question is whether of not we'll see those types of attractions at WDW soon. I'm giving them a chance with the DHS redo and Avatarland...

Speaking of Avatar...I love your avatar Accio!

Thanks Cheezbat! Me too!

The thing is if it's going to take that long it needs to be an OFF THE CHARTS and Grade A E-Ticket attraction. But we're getting a D Ticket? I know we keep bashing it for this reason but I'm still dumbfounded lol

The reason its taken so long as been explained so many times its all down to wanting to splitting the cost over different finical sectors not with the ride build

Hint that SW area of DHS will be in full on construction mode at that time, maybe?

Doubtful.

And I was wrong, SW Celebration isn't in Anaheim until 2015...so a year later.

- - - Updated - - -

Hint that SW area of DHS will be in full on construction mode at that time, maybe?

Doubtful.

And I was wrong, SW Celebration isn't in Anaheim until 2015...so a year later.

As Skip said, doubt it has anything to do w/ potential construction at HS. I think it's more that they want Celebration to be near Hollywood and Disney Headquarters in advance of Episode VII (coming out a month later). Easier to coordinate promotions and actor appearances that way.

I'm pretty bummed as I was looking forward to going again, and all signs pointed to Lucasfilm/Reed being happy w/ the venue, surrounding infrastructure and region in general. Attendance both years exceeded expectations and there was a great mix of families and international visitors to go w/ the normal con attendees. There was even talk that when they signed the deal to have CV at the OCCC, it was actually a 3 con commitment. My hope is it'll return in 2016 or 17.

The reason its taken so long as been explained so many times its all down to wanting to splitting the cost over different finical sectors not with the ride build

The same D-ticket family coaster would have been open by this summer had Universal been building it:lol: Disney just needs to manage their funds better because it cost Comcast 35 million less than Little Mermaid to give us Forbidden Journey

Man if only MyMagic- launched on schedule, this could have been "secretly" under construction right now. Instead we wait.... :bored:

And wait.... :bored:

And wait.... :bored:

and wait... :bored:

an wai........

Zzzzzzzzzzz..... :faint:

Let the speculation begin. At the Parks and Resorts pavillion, there is a display of cargo with the name "Orange Harvest" plastered on it. One of the boxes looks like it used to hold a R2 unit.

Let the speculation begin. At the Parks and Resorts pavillion, there is a display of cargo with the name "Orange Harvest" plastered on it. One of the boxes looks like it used to hold a R2 unit.

Blue Harvest was the codename for Return of the Jedi. Basically it's confirming the Speederbike coaster. Nothing we didn't already know, but good none the less.

I did like the touch of marking the crates "Contents Already Spoiled"

Blue Harvest was the codename for Return of the Jedi. Basically it's confirming the Speederbike coaster. Nothing we didn't already know, but good none the less.

I've been trying to read up on it, but I don't really get it. How is it confirming the Speederbike coaster? The only info I've gathered is that it hinted that SOMETHING is coming to the parks, but there's not enough info to specify any attraction.

It's a good educated guess, but still too many questions. Orange could definitely be a reference to Oranges/Orange Groves, but Cali and Florida are both known for that. :lol:

I've been trying to read up on it, but I don't really get it. How is it confirming the Speederbike coaster? The only info I've gathered is that it hinted that SOMETHING is coming to the parks, but there's not enough info to specify any attraction.

It's a good educated guess, but still too many questions. Orange could definitely be a reference to Oranges/Orange Groves, but Cali and Florida are both known for that. :lol:

Well, that's because the ride is coming to both costs.

Orange = Florida and California

Harvest = A nod to Blue Harvest, the codename for Return of the Jedi. The sequence most likely to use for a ride from said film is the Speederbike sequence, considering we already have space battles and Death Stars in Star Tours. Add onto that the fact that WDI is currently working on a TRON bike coaster for Shanghai which could be easily rethemed as a Imperial Speederbike, and there you have it.

On top of that, the containers basically admit the "surprise" has been spoiled.

Also, there are crates hinting at the Cantina Band from Episode IV, basically confirming its presence as well.

[video=youtube;_oEhUoduzXg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oEhUoduzXg&feature=c4-overview&list=UUYdNtGaJkrtn04tmsmRrWlw[/video]

[video=youtube;_oEhUoduzXg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oEhUoduzXg&feature=c4-overview&list=UUYdNtGaJkrtn04tmsmRrWlw[/video]

I love how the Imagineer has that scripted spiel about the "25 year partnership". I have a feeling he's going to be reciting that many times over the next couple of days...

Status
Not open for further replies.