Star Wars Themed Land Speculation | Page 29 | Inside Universal Forums

Star Wars Themed Land Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So based on Iger's recent comments , it appears that the new rides/land will be based on the new movies. Personally I think this is a good idea. Star Tours already represents the original and prequel trilogy. Doing another ride with the original trilogy in mind would be kind of a repeat.

Interesting you mention Star Tours--that really is kind of weird that it may be the sole representation of the entire original/prequel trilogy while the new trilogy gets all the new attention in the park. IMO, those movies deserve so much more than a simple simulator but at the same time it's the perfect way to sum up the series in one ride. It will be really interesting to see their plan...

- - - Updated - - -

Disney: We'll need to put that idea through 100 layers of bureaucracy and still not decide anything.

Universal: Just do it.

This isn't rocket science......sadly, Disney just doesn't know how to do theme parks anymore.:blank:

Rocket science? No. But it's still not the easiest thing in the world. Universal is in a growth phase while DHS has already hit maturity and now entering rejuvenation. Rejuvenation is a very delicate phase that has to be mapped out perfectly. You throw in everything at once, your hype dies too quickly and all of a sudden, youre back at the maturity stage. Disney needs to really pace themselves and keep the idea going that they're growing so as to keep the influx of visitors steady and healthy, especially given their core market.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, and an even longer delay on the completion of Star Wars in DHS. Doubt we'll see that for at least 5 or 6 years now. It's got to make Universal smile. This gives Universal more time to grab a larger share of the theme park attendance pie. With lots of Universal expansions (hotels & attractions), and only a Avatar E ticket expansion getting ready to go at WDW, Universal gets a lot of breathing room to grow. I would have liked to see a 2 tier Star Wars expansion, with some of it being closer to fruition, but that is now a dead horse.

If the new trilogy is a hit and the Star Wars land is done right, who has how much market share goes right out the window. Star Wars has the potential to be a Potter-level game changer.

Interesting you mention Star Tours--that really is kind of weird that it may be the sole representation of the entire original/prequel trilogy while the new trilogy gets all the new attention in the park. IMO, those movies deserve so much more than a simple simulator but at the same time it's the perfect way to sum up the series in one ride. It will be really interesting to see their plan...

- - - Updated - - -

Rocket science? No. But it's still not the easiest thing in the world. Universal is in a growth phase while DHS has already hit maturity and now entering rejuvenation. Rejuvenation is a very delicate phase that has to be mapped out perfectly. You throw in everything at once, your hype dies too quickly and all of a sudden, youre back at the maturity stage. Disney needs to really pace themselves and keep the idea going that they're growing so as to keep the influx of visitors steady and healthy, especially given their core market.

- - - Updated - - -

If the new trilogy is a hit and the Star Wars land is done right, who has how much market share goes right out the window. Star Wars has the potential to be a Potter-level game changer.
DHS matured with 6 rides? I wouldn't call it mature, just older and stale. Sort of like Seth Rogan.

DHS matured with 6 rides? I wouldn't call it mature, just older and stale. Sort of like Seth Rogan.
This is going off-topic, but what is your problem with Seth Rogan? lol. You've picked at him recently over on Magic as well. I mean, if he's not your style of comedy, I get it, but why keep bringing him up if you don't like him?

It's a stage in the destination life cycle. The success a product or destination reaches when it hits maturity or decline is different for everything but that's just where it happens to fall on the timeline. Plog is the guy to research if you're really interested...

I just think it's smart to build a new themed area on more then nostalgia. If the new Star Wars films do well (hint: they will) then waiting until the mass audience has a better understanding of these new characters is a smart move. The original trilogy came out in the 70s/80s. It disney wants to appeal to older and younger fans, then this is a great move.

That being said.,.the new films obviously take place after the original trilogy which featured nostalgic vehicles and characters anyway.

This makes me feel like disney is really taking this series seriously, of course it could all just be marketing hype.

- - - Updated - - -

And I like Seth rogan for the record. This is the end was hilarious. And he also pushed for a Preacher mini series to get green lit ..so..

Diagon Alley changed how Disney is approaching Star Wars...

Don't believe that? I don't care.

Executive: Where are we at?
WDI: Not at this level
Executive: What do you need?
WDI: Double the Budget
Executive: ......

I believe that they may be throwing more money at it.

Not sure I believe WDI is able to turn out a product that well, no matter what the money.

Potter changed everything...not just for Disney. It's probaly the single most influential theme park expansion of our time. It's no doubt a game changer, and will hopefully help all theme parks evolve.

I was hoping Star Wars land would be build for the fans. So full respect to the whole universe it creatief and all(like Potter was done by Universal) but this announcement Only confirms Disney want their theme park presents be connected to their current and future investments. Again it's all about the money and not fot the fans of the ip. I'm extreamly disapointed about this news.

I was hoping Star Wars land would be build for the fans. So full respect to the whole universe it creatief and all(like Potter was done by Universal) but this announcement Only confirms Disney want their theme park presents be connected to their current and future investments. Again it's all about the money and not fot the fans of the ip. I'm extreamly disapointed about this news.

Disney is going for the long game, and I commend them for it. These next three Star Wars movies will be the quote-unquote "Star Wars" for today's kids. Kids today didn't experience the hype of any of the previous SW movies -- they have just watched clips on youtube and maybe rented it on demand. Just for perspective, there are kids in the 6th grade who have never been alive when a SW movie has been in a theatre.

In another 20 years, fans of the original movies will be in wheelchairs. Granted, the originals are classics and will always have a place in people's hearts -- but this was a wise move on Disney's part: a focus on the present and future with respect to the past movies.

But this is like saying "People LOVE the Potter movies, so lets wait until Magical Creatures is done and base the land on that".

Star Wars fans want to visit the world they already know. Only the UBER fans want to visit "yet to be named new star wars grille". Most casual fans just want to go to The Cantina@Mos Eisley Spaceport.

Hate once again your wrong, Disney added more to the budget out of the kindness of their hearts and wanted to give their guests a better experience overall. Potter is a fad, they aren't worried :dance:

- - - Updated - - -

But this is like saying "People LOVE the Potter movies, so lets wait until Magical Creatures is done and base the land on that".

Star Wars fans want to visit the world they already know. Only the UBER fans want to visit "yet to be named new star wars grille". Most casual fans just want to go to The Cantina@Mos Eisley Spaceport.
Well then again what if these new Star Wars movies show a cantina on steroids or introduce tons of possible food and merch options that could rival potter (soccer ball droid anybody)? Star Wars fans don't know what they want yet or atleast until this new movie comes out. Right now the closest thing you could get to that is blue milk :ack: just wait it out

Completely incomparable. Harry Potter, when it was built, was already a current and hot property; Fantastic Beasts was not even announced. A live action Star Wars has not been released in almost a decade. It makes more sense to wait for a new movie in one year than to tie back to a franchise that hasn't been out since 2005.

Furthermore, there is already a Star Wars presence for the past movies. In what world would it make sense for the park to make a brand new attraction based on material that has already been represented...when brand new material that will be much more relevant literally be coming out concurrently?

They would be digging themself into a hole by not waiting for the new movies to come out. There is about to be a huge resurgence of Star Wars fans and a huge new source from which to draw material from, why not wait for it and see what sticks before spending millions on what will need to be a timeless attraction? This analogy.....it may be the weakest attempt to make Disney look bad that I've ever seen.

Once again, you guys do realize Iger specifically said the content would be based on "Past, Present and Future", right?

Status
Not open for further replies.