Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Star Wars Themed Land Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Star Wars is one of the few franchises that would work in Tomorrowland, since that has already been done. Replace the terrible cartoon attractions in Tomorrowland with it.

they need to take that whole echo lake area , fill the pond in, take out hollywood vine and the other restraurant, take out Sounds dangerous, take out Indy Jones and then use that whole area for SWs land. keep Star Tours where it is . I think that would make a great area for Star Wars Land. Keep the stunt car show area for Cars Land. I would miss an Indy presence though in the parks. The ride in tokyo is my favorite in the Disney Seas Park

Hey, let's just tear up the entire park and retheme it to Star Wars! That would work, right?

I believe he was referring to Disneyhead's comment that there would be a Star Wars presence in each of WDW's 4 parks. If something Star Wars related was going to be added to Epcot, my best guess would be that it would take over the Wonders of Life pavilion.

Well let's make something clear. Disneyhead said "presence". If that rumor holds true, presence could literally just mean something as big as a themed land; or as small as Kim Possible type game.

Endor Speeder-Bike Coaster, Mos Eisley Cantina, Indoor Jedi Training Academy, Ewok Firework Show like the end of RoTJ, new Star Tours Facade, and something like Autopia indoors but with Star Wars vehicles replacing Echo Lake. BAM

Doesn't mean something's coming, so relax guys.. but it's worth sharing.

Interesting mini-scoop. George Lucas was staying at Grand Fla last week. He was standing close by when Lucas came out and got in an SUV with some Disney execs, drove off; apparently heading over to Hollywood Studios.

Probably could be doing something SWW related, or just wanted to ride Star Tours. Or maybe something else... :lol: Who knows.

Doesn't mean something's coming, so relax guys.. but it's worth sharing.

Interesting mini-scoop. George Lucas was staying at Grand Fla last week. He was standing close by when Lucas came out and got in an SUV with some Disney execs, drove off; apparently heading over to Hollywood Studios.

Probably could be doing something SWW related, or just wanted to ride Star Tours. Or maybe something else... :lol: Who knows.

Thanks very much for sharing!! Again I am sure we are more likely to hear something at d23 in aug then the press thing on the 25th of this month. But very intriguing for sure

From Parkscope:

Permits are being called for construction work done to Backlot Express. Given its close proximity to Star Tours, this could mean something related, or possibly not.

Thanks for the info, Bri. While it could be something as mundane as consulting for SWW, here's to hoping something more interesting comes out of this meeting.

Reminds me of the time GL and his family visited DisneyQuest shortly after it opened. My dad was the maintenance manager at the time and called home to tell me (since I was such a big SciFi fan). I hot-footed it up I-4 to see him. He was surrounded by Disney execs and security and I couldn't get near him to express my fandom.

Rumor has it that the Indy show will be discarded and a clone of the DL ride will be put there along with another Star Wars themed ride

Hmmmm.... interesting. I know they have a lot of shows there, but that would close 2 of the biggest people eater shows if they did everything (both Pixar & Star Wars), so this tells me we are getting one or the other and they haven't decided which one yet.

Interesting link posted on Screamscape today...

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.528712320505910.1073741853.302042929839518&type=1

I could totally see this turning into a star wars attraction. It is "omnimover" in style, but a twist on it as you are flying. So high capacity with it being omnimover in style, but it would be a little more thrilling with it flying and you able to actually go in circles around the core. If they do something like this I think it could be pretty cool family ride.

I was finally able to take a spin on Indy this past February and what a ride it is! I've always wanted Disney to clone it over on the east coast. However, after having been on it and seeing the elaborate sets/animatronics it contains I wouldn't trust TDO to maintain the attraction like Anaheim does if it ever was built in Orlando.

Technically Indy has been ported over already, no? I think I remember hearing Countdown to Extinction is a re-imagining of the Indy ride. So I wouldn't see a point to it unless its vastly different.

Status
Not open for further replies.