Starbucks coming to WDW | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

Starbucks coming to WDW

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I know a lot of people like it but I think Starbucks coffee is terrible. I hate the idea of losing the Bakery to Starbucks. BLAH.

I posted it in the other thread on accident but my thoughts,

Main Street Bakery > Starbucks

Isn't this just of case of the actual product being served becoming Starbucks food and beverages?

I think if that were the case it would not warrant such a closure. They are likely going to want to re brand the entire location to remind people what product they are buying.

I think if that were the case it would not warrant such a closure. They are likely going to want to re brand the entire location to remind people what product they are buying.

I wouldn't think that it had to. The DCA one is called Fiddler, Fifer and Practical Cafe with very subtle exterior branding. I believe it is being done more in the mindset of places that serve as those "We Proudly Serve Starbucks Coffee". (Exchanging the actual coffee drinks they serve with Starbucks ones)

Disney confirms a closure so I would expect some branding changes worthy of closing the location for a bit. People are probably expecting worse than what will actually happn. But I can't blame them, so much of what Disney messes with sometimes is just a little too much that it takes away the novelty and uniqueness in favor of generalizing and familiarity. Main street is a huge example of that.

A BIG reason for the closing I would assume is for staff training. Being certified as a Starbucks barista is a rigorous process that can last a couple weeks.

I'm throughly disgusted at the idea of losing the Main Street Bakery to Starbucks. People complain every day about small towns losing their local businesses to the big box companies and this is a highly satirical look at the same issue. I'm very upset over this, and I better not be losing my "ooey-gooey-rich-and-chewy" cinnamon rolls. Why can't they just replace all of those crappy Nescafe products around the parks and replace them with Starbucks products? Sure, their coffee isn't much better but at least it's a step up. This is a "two steps back" approach.

Since it was brought back up in this thread, I'll post this here.

The Bakery is not being "lost." They are closing it so that they can do some serious interior work (you think they'll be able to fit 4 Starbucks espresso/coffee stations in the counter/serving area they have now while still retaining enough space to add more food?) as well as give two plus weeks of training to the CMs for that location on the new Starbucks machines and products. This is not going to be your local Starbucks shop. Take a look at pictures and what people are saying about the Pig Cafe in DCA. That's very similar to what we'll be getting with the Bakery, only the theme with the Bakery is a few decades earlier. There won't be a gigantic neon Starbucks sign (although it wouldn't be any worse than all the Coke and Edy's logos plastered about at that end of Main St.), and there will probably be less Starbucks signs than Casey's and the ice cream parlor (DCA has two vertical wooden Starbucks signs on the side of the building). I would bet on the cinnamon rolls returning to the Bakery once the location reopens.

Personally, I can't wait to get my gingerbread latte or white chocolate mocha, and I may actually appear at the parks before noon!

I think it will be intrusive. The logo at Fiddler is relatively large.

photo-1-468x625.jpg

And seeing how Main Street is only one way in, one way out they're going to want this thing to be visible. Attendance at DCA is also lower, so they don't mind as much there. At this location they're going to want to blow threw the roof with sales and they're going to need a big logo to do that. If you think the average family attending is going to know about this and know where to go, you're mistaken. They need this logo to be big and intrusive. People might like Edy's Icecream and Dole Fruit, but they don't need to throw those logos in your face because people will also eat icecream anywhere. Disney knows that NesCafe is crap, and they know that offering Starbuck's in the park is going to be a good sell. Mark my words, this logo will be huge.

What I mean was that i read after the change they will stop serving them at the Main Street but you can still purchase them at Gaston's.

I wouldn't believe that source. A lot of that type of speculation is just the initial fear over bringing Starbucks into the park.

Just watch this.....

[video=youtube;dIDckPZrhXw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIDckPZrhXw[/video]

I don't find the branding to be that intrusive. It's still less than the giant signs for Fiddler, Fifer, and Practical Cafe that is home to the Starbucks beverages. Everything is still theme appropriate and the CM's still wear themed clothing. Most importantly, you can see that the food menus have other offerings before even mentioning the Starbucks beverages. Of course, the menus behind the counter are big, but that is inevitable as the Starbucks menu is very long in its offerings.

Like many other things when it comes to new additions to the parks that not everyone is sure about yet, I say just take a deep breath and see what Disney actually plans to modify to the Main Street Bakery. Other than just the beverage menu, new espresso stations, and some tasteful branding to make people aware of the new Starbucks beverages without being gaudy, I think people are overlooking the best part of this whole thing....better coffee beverages. That's what it comes down to. It doesn't seem to me that Disney would go to the lengths of completely abandoning the entire MSB food menu, just because they are adding Starbucks.