Starbucks coming to WDW | Page 6 | Inside Universal Forums

Starbucks coming to WDW

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
aww bye bye MSB. it's a little depressing, but i guess whatever. i mean i can get my peppermint mocha fix while on my way to the Haunted Mansion i'm not going to complain not one bit.

The Bakery isn't going anywhere, it isn't being replaced by a regular Starbucks store. I really don't get why people are still acting like its going away. It is getting menu additions in the form of Starbucks products. Will some Disney items get the axe? Probably, because that's how most menu changes go, but this isn't the end of the Bakery. I really wonder what you all would be saying if the same pictures were posted without the knowledge that Starbucks was coming? I am almost 100% positive that if it wasn't announced or leaked, there wouldn't be a single negative thing said and the reaction when it opened would be largely "Oh, they serve Starbucks coffee and treats there now, too? Whatever."

Also, can anyone point out anything about the piece of art that is at all different from the Bakery before, besides the obvious layout change?

Larger version of the concept art from WDW News Today:

ihWUlkZ7xO0nm.jpg

The only thing that saddens me about this is that Orlando has an amazing coffee roaster that would mean using local people instead of a national chain. The coffee the roaster uses is WAY better than anything starbucks could ever offer. I know I used to own a business and we used their coffee and everyone that had it loved it and wanted more. Everyone said it was better than starbucks. Same with Pittsburgh, they had a local roster and one of the local coffee places used it. Starbucks had the worse time breaking into downtown pittsburgh because of the local coffee place. No one liked starbucks over the local stuff. I just wish it was better quality, especially at the prices you will pay at Disney, but I guess since it is better than what was there....

I don't mind the look, it fits right in.

^^^Just FYI, the Starbucks prices at the DCA location are the same as normal locations. There's not a "Disney markup".

That's also at DCA. I wouldn't be surprised if there was at WDW. I also bet there won't be a CM or AP discount, which Universal is kind enough to offer it's TM's and AP holders.

That's also at DCA. I wouldn't be surprised if there was at WDW. I also bet there won't be a CM or AP discount, which Universal is kind enough to offer it's TM's and AP holders.

I'm pretty sure the construction workers at Uni are getting discounts at Starbucks as well.

I'm pretty sure the construction workers at Uni are getting discounts at Starbucks as well.

I know even 3rd party gets the discount, so I wouldn't be surprised. It's not a lot but it's something, I think it's enough where it's just around the price of a regular Starbucks.

From WDWMagic

Fountain View Ice Cream closing in early April for Starbucks conversion

Epcot's Fountain View Ice Cream is set to close on 8 April to begin the conversion into the second in-park Starbucks location at Walt Disney World.

The new Starbucks in the Fountain View location is expected to reopen in early August 2013. The Magic Kingdom's Main Street Bakery is currently closed and will open as the first Starbucks location in early summer.

Not yet for guests, these softs are just for CMs, executives, and contractors who are receiving "meal tickets," similar to how they handled the first few operating days at BOG. It will open for all guests on the 18th according to a Bakery CM over at Magic.