Starbucks coming to WDW | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

Starbucks coming to WDW

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
At Magic Kingdom Park, Main Street Bakery will close for refurbishment in January 2013 and reopen as a Starbucks location in early summer.

That just sounds wrong. :lol:

I think it will be intrusive. The logo at Fiddler is relatively large.

And seeing how Main Street is only one way in, one way out they're going to want this thing to be visible. Attendance at DCA is also lower, so they don't mind as much there. At this location they're going to want to blow threw the roof with sales and they're going to need a big logo to do that. If you think the average family attending is going to know about this and know where to go, you're mistaken. They need this logo to be big and intrusive. People might like Edy's Icecream and Dole Fruit, but they don't need to throw those logos in your face because people will also eat icecream anywhere. Disney knows that NesCafe is crap, and they know that offering Starbuck's in the park is going to be a good sell. Mark my words, this logo will be huge.

If you think they need large signage for traffic, then you don't go in the Bakery much. :lol:

Seriously, that line is pretty much close to the door from open to close already. Traffic isn't an issue, especially once people start seeing Starbucks cups/wraps coming out of the Bakery. I'm guessing the most intrusive signage is going to be a Starbucks logo on the map. Seriously, count how many Edy's and Coke logos are all over that end of MSUSA. A themed Starbucks sign or two isn't going to ruin anything. And no, a Starbucks cup isn't going to break themeing any more than a bright red cup covered in balloons, either.

If you think they need large signage for traffic, then you don't go in the Bakery much. :lol:

Seriously, that line is pretty much close to the door from open to close already. Traffic isn't an issue, especially once people start seeing Starbucks cups/wraps coming out of the Bakery. I'm guessing the most intrusive signage is going to be a Starbucks logo on the map. Seriously, count how many Edy's and Coke logos are all over that end of MSUSA. A themed Starbucks sign or two isn't going to ruin anything. And no, a Starbucks cup isn't going to break themeing any more than a bright red cup covered in balloons, either.

Coke's logos are everywhere so I just ignore them...the problem I have with this Starbucks (and trust me I'm a huge Starbucks drinker) is that it is plopped right in the middle of a place that represents a certain period of time..it's just odd

Every fanboy's reaction to this announcement:

[video=youtube;yKCBWRU59zk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKCBWRU59zk[/video]

My wife collects the Starbucks mugs with the city names on. Does anyone know if there are going to do a Disney version?

Y'all survived having the golden arches in the parks for a decade so I venture to guess that you will survive this.

Some of those weren't that bad. The one in Frontierland was well...BAD. But the ones in Hollywood Studios, and DAK were pretty non-intrusive and atleast made moderate sense.

Seriously? You find that tacky?

:blank:

Very tacky. I also don't like ice cream and gave up soda a while back so I can't even say that still enjoy the products despite their visual displeasures. I don't really care about Starbucks joining though. At this point what's one more modern-day company logo on main street? Whatevs.

From AmusementPics....

The Bakery is closed for its transformation to Starbucks.

ibz98VW33isju1.jpg

Really, is the Main Street bakery really going to just be a Starbucks? I'm not sure if I like that. I can see a small Starbucks logo underneath, but I don't like the idea of the whole bakery just becoming a Starbucks store.

Really, is the Main Street bakery really going to just be a Starbucks? I'm not sure if I like that. I can see a small Starbucks logo underneath, but I don't like the idea of the whole bakery just becoming a Starbucks store.

Selling Starbucks coffees and treats with The Main Street Bakery's treats.

So much for it only being added coffee machines......... :look:

From @Daveh787

Concept art for Main Street Bakery post Starbucks Conversion.

ibakwkkHssC3kT.jpg

From @andrewilley

For those wondering if any of the old Main Street Bakery fixtures and fittings are being kept, it seems not. Gutted.

ie9OpEyrBz5DL.jpg

I see no problem with that, and the concept art looks a lot like the old bakery, just with an expanded ordering area and chalk menu boards (they do fit the period). I knew from the moment it was announced that it would be gutted and getting brand new everything in the guest area, I figured that was a given with how long the refurb and switchover was scheduled for. You don't need 6 months (even for Disney) do do some counter modifications and install espresso machines.

Also, they're currently in the hiring phase for the new Bakery team, so we're definitely getting closer.