Stitch Replacement Ideas | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Stitch Replacement Ideas

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
If I wanted chili dog stench to be burped on me, I would go up to your average ECV behemoth and ask for it. No need to subject me to a line or shoulder restraints. I make an exception for It's Tough to be a Bug's stinkbug segment because that movie is still in my top Pixar movies and I never really enjoyed Stitch as a character anyway. I loved Alien Encounter and would not mind seeing that brought back. I like Wall-E but am worrisome about the Pixar heavy presence in that part of the park already. It would be a perfect fit, though. A shame that Monsters inc is there or else I wouldn't feel as apprehensive about it.

I don't think its a bad attraction, it was much better as an actual Alien Encounter and it is a shame that it got pulled to make it less scary. If I were Disney I would have just slapped an age restriction on it.

Would like to see more Wall-E love.

I don't hate the Stitch attraction. Granted, I was too young to go on Alien Encounter, so maybe that's why I don't hate Stitch. That being said, it's definitely not a must-see attraction and I understand why people don't care for it. My main problem with it is that the past 3 times that I have been on it, I have been in a seat where the effects were not working, which really killed the experience.

Very informative discussion.All the new ideas discussed here are interesting and appreciable.Any one with some information about more intense current version will be appreciated.

I don't think Stitch is as bad as you make it out to be. I've ridden on AE (albeit I was only 6) and while I can see that the original was superior, the current ride still has a few enjoyable moments and I still think its a decent ride. Would definitely like AE to return though.

I don't think Stitch is as bad as you make it out to be. I've ridden on AE (albeit I was only 6) and while I can see that the original was superior, the current ride still has a few enjoyable moments and I still think its a decent ride. Would definitely like AE to return though.

this is me actually. it'd still be nice to at least retheme it to something else.

Maybe it just me, but I experienced Alien Encounter on a few different occasions, and thought it was horrible. With that said, I have no desire*to experience Stitch. Replace it or not, I'm neutral. But if Disney does pull the plug on that annoying blue alien, I only have one plea: NO MORE PIXAR!!!

Maybe it just me, but I experienced Alien Encounter on a few different occasions, and thought it was horrible. With that said, I have no desire*to experience Stitch. Replace it or not, I'm neutral. But if Disney does pull the plug on that annoying blue alien, I only have one plea: NO MORE PIXAR!!!

i know. i love Pixar movies, but Disney markets Pixar movies in every single park, like i understand they own these movies and they make for nice themes for some lands and attractions but it's overkill at this point.

i know. i love Pixar movies, but Disney markets Pixar movies in every single park, like i understand they own these movies and they make for nice themes for some lands and attractions but it's overkill at this point.
Agreed. I wouldn't mind an entire Pixar Land, similar to what's been rumored at DHS, but some areas just don't fit. Putting Buzz in TL, I eventually accepted, but Monsters?! While the show can be funny, it just doesn't belong in TL. Like you said, the Pixar movies are good and popular, but how much is too over saturation? I said a similar thing about having too much Potter in Uni's parks, but that's another can of worms. Unfortunately this is the theme park industry, and what drives it is the almighty dollar.

Agreed. I wouldn't mind an entire Pixar Land, similar to what's been rumored at DHS, but some areas just don't fit. Putting Buzz in TL, I eventually accepted, but Monsters?! While the show can be funny, it just doesn't belong in TL. Like you said, the Pixar movies are good and popular, but how much is too over saturation? I said a similar thing about having too much Potter in Uni's parks, but that's another can of worms. Unfortunately this is the theme park industry, and what drives it is the almighty dollar.

yeah! ugh finally someone gets it!

Buzz Lightyear, the Seas and Pixar Place are okay. anything beyond those (which are acceptable because they make sense) just do not work. and it sucks because Pixar is the best to market more than Disney's actual movies which is really sad.

as for Potter, i think the HE connecting IOA and Uni is fine, but people want a full park and stuff. now THAT is overkill.

I don't hate the Stitch attraction. Granted, I was too young to go on Alien Encounter, so maybe that's why I don't hate Stitch. That being said, it's definitely not a must-see attraction and I understand why people don't care for it. My main problem with it is that the past 3 times that I have been on it, I have been in a seat where the effects were not working, which really killed the experience.

It's probably better that they didn't work. The effects are disgusting, and not in a cool way. Honestly, we're living in a time where kids can see worse stuff than AE on television. That being said, I do have to give credit to the original for being the only theme park attraction to ever make me cry as a child. I had been through some intense haunted houses, I had been on some serious coasters, but The ExtraTERRORestrial Alien Encounter was the only thing to make me cry. Bawl. Real. Legitimate. Fear tears. Bring it back with more enforced age restrictions, please. It's not like the Tower of Terror is a problem.

Is it bad that Stitch made me cry when I was 8? I hate those dang special effects. Plus I hated the burp (it was a burp, wasn't it)?

I also hated Honey, I Shrunk The Audience for the same reason. Still freaks the heck out me.

I don't especially despise SGE, but there are many things I dislike about it. Mainly the chili dog burp, I just find that very immature and annoying. I also can't believe Disney didn't fully change Alien Encounter and just made a few changes, so some kids are still scared on it. I'd be alright with just about anything replacing it and I would be happy if they brought back AE ( thought I'd be just as happy if it was replaced with something completely new).

God no matter how many times i went one alien encounter it scared me, Just not knowing.... its creepy! i miss it!! :(

God no matter how many times i went one alien encounter it scared me, Just not knowing.... its creepy! i miss it!! :(
I know right? "Oh, this is cool. So that guy is going to beam over here and tell uss all about... motherofgod that is not... nope. nopenopenopenopenope." :bolt: