Stitch's Great Escape Now Seasonal | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

Stitch's Great Escape Now Seasonal

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
So what was the point of it closing? What was the point of opening the meet and greet? This is just strange.
It never closed. Just went Seasonal earlier in the year. Recently started using the queue space for meet and greets during off season. (Characters much prefer meeting inside than out in Florida heat.)

Now that busy season is coming up the attraction will open again temporarily. People made the assumption that the meet and greet happening there meant the ride was never coming back, but no official announcement has been made about a closure so it should’ve been assumed the ride would still operate seasonally.

I think those of us that follow theme park news are just shocked every time it’s announced that Stitch will be reopening again, namely because it doesn’t deserve to still exist.

It never closed. Just went Seasonal earlier in the year. Recently started using the queue space for meet and greets during off season. (Characters much prefer meeting inside than out in Florida heat.)

Now that busy season is coming up the attraction will open again temporarily. People made the assumption that the meet and greet happening there meant the ride was never coming back, but no official announcement has been made about a closure so it should’ve been assumed the ride would still operate seasonally.

I think those of us that follow theme park news are just shocked every time it’s announced that Stitch will be reopening again, namely because it doesn’t deserve to still exist.
Much like Fear Factor Live! :shifty:

How fitting would it be if Stitch and FFL finally get shuttered around the same time? That's the dream.

It was never permanently closed. Disney entertainment just used the down period as an opportunity to house a indoor M&G. The attraction will probably only be open for two weeks tops then the M&G will come back. Then SGE will come back for spring break.
I know it never "closed", it's just kinda weird that they'd change the change to Alien Encounter, when it's already been not operating for the past few times I've gone. Why not just keep it closed for the day and not replace it with a meet and greet which would just be shortly axed anyways?

Reactions: tankart150
I know it never "closed", it's just kinda weird that they'd change the change to Alien Encounter, when it's already been not operating for the past few times I've gone. Why not just keep it closed for the day and not replace it with a meet and greet which would just be shortly axed anyways?
The meet and greet for Stitch happens anyway usually closer to Space Mountain and outside. Like I said, entertainment much prefers to be inside when possible, and I guess they figured why not meet the character in a building with his face on it?

And the text sign overlay is removable, so this was clearly always the plan.

Reactions: tankart150 and Nick
Could The ExtraTERRORestrial Alien Encounter be returning to Tomorrowland? That would be AWESOME! :D

I expect Stitch to stay Seasonal until they final make the decision on what they are doing with this location. No earlier than 2020 right now will we see a new attraction in there unless things change. That's currently the year being targeted.

Stitch is such a toxic atttaction to guest satisfaction they shut it down whenever it’s not needed to boost the average amount of attractions per day per guest.

I wonder if they would open it at all if HoP was actually open. Not that that’s a lot of capacity added, but then again, neither is Stitch.

They’re working on it still beyond anything with the current President.
The current President isn't cooperating which is much of the issue. I think Disney doesn't really care about Trump being in this at this point... his AA is already made and functional. Not using him would be a waste of time and resources otherwise.

If they could get a complete show done, I don't really doubt that they would open it. I sort of would expect them to monitor the situation and if the show were to cause bad guest behavior, they would just use that as an excuse to shelve the attraction for the time being.

Sorry, didn’t mean to start to derail the tread, was only wondering if when HoP would reopen, if Disney would consider that enough added capacity to not feel the need to open Stitch during season anymore. I can understand not wanting to have both theater shows closed during season, but maybe just one is enough.

Sorry, didn’t mean to start to derail the tread, was only wondering if when HoP would reopen, if Disney would consider that enough added capacity to not feel the need to open Stitch during season anymore. I can understand not wanting to have both theater shows closed during season, but maybe just one is enough.
I'm not sure it matters.

During peak periods, MK needs the absolute most capacity it can get. It needed Tron and the Theater open yesterday, if we're being honest.

Reactions: Alicia
“The Stitch’s Great Escape attraction in Walt Disney World’s Magic Kingdom will close permanently after this final seasonal opening.

The attraction will open from December 13, 2017 through January 6, 2018, then close forever. Disney has not officially confirmed the permanent closure, but it is expected to occur very soon. Disney is expected to announce a new attraction for the space.

The outer lobby area has been used as a meet and greet space for Stitch for a few months. Stitch will move back to his former location near Space Mountain during Christmas break. No word on the future of his meet and greet beyond early January 2018.

Many online prognosticators have felt that the attraction will be replaced by one themed to the Wreck-it Ralph movie franchise which is set to release a new movie March 2018. Many guests despised the chili dog burp in your face attraction, but my son loved the attraction as a child. He was a huge Stitch fan.”

Pulled from the website, has anybody else heard this because I’m not sure how credible Kenny is.

Link to website below

Stitch's Great Escape closing in favor of a new attraction - KennythePirate.com

“The Stitch’s Great Escape attraction in Walt Disney World’s Magic Kingdom will close permanently after this final seasonal opening.

The attraction will open from December 13, 2017 through January 6, 2018, then close forever. Disney has not officially confirmed the permanent closure, but it is expected to occur very soon. Disney is expected to announce a new attraction for the space.

The outer lobby area has been used as a meet and greet space for Stitch for a few months. Stitch will move back to his former location near Space Mountain during Christmas break. No word on the future of his meet and greet beyond early January 2018.

Many online prognosticators have felt that the attraction will be replaced by one themed to the Wreck-it Ralph movie franchise which is set to release a new movie March 2018. Many guests despised the chili dog burp in your face attraction, but my son loved the attraction as a child. He was a huge Stitch fan.”

Pulled from the website, has anybody else heard this because I’m not sure how credible Kenny is.

Link to website below

Stitch's Great Escape closing in favor of a new attraction - KennythePirate.com
Have also heard this. Supposedly it was given a one year extension as a seasonal attraction as it was supposed to close permanently last year. Once the Wreck-it Ralph idea fell off the table, it got extended, but I think they're finally ready to let Stitch bite the dust for good.